TEAM SHELBY FORUM

survey...clutch and trans problems..

MYGT500

Here we go again.....

First I have a Fuel Line that Blow's off while I am driving, now I have a Trans shifting problem.

Anything over 30mph you can't shift at all, She won’t go out of gear or in a gear.

I am taking her in to the dealership in the morning.

7500 miles and reverse started grinding. Replaced the clutch, reverse still grinds. I can prevent it by putting the trans in 1st before reverse. I am also having a trouble shifting into 5th when I am at the top of 4th (135-137mph). I drive my car hard, but no different than my 03 and 04 cobra and never had a problem with the stock trans/clutch on either of those (7000 and 25000 miles) with more power and torque than my shelby is making. Although I did trash my clutch at 24000 miles in my 04. I powershifted all cars and tracked all cars. I am getting a new trans in a couple weeks.

I had that problem from day one when car cold second, nicks and also third nicks can feel the scinkos spinning and clicking in, after she is run twenty minutes it seems to be perfect or if I drive and let it sit warm for a bit, it also goes away. Any suggestion who I should speak to at SVT as I met engeer Jamal at Sebring last month and mentioned it he had no response, I even mashed the neutral start safety switch (replaced under warranty) because I wanted to be sure to have the clutch full depressed. My car has almost 5,000 although it is getting a bit better (cold) still have the cold problem. Car built Oct 19 06 Hans

I had that problem from day one when car cold second, nicks and also third nicks can feel the scinkos spinning and clicking in, after she is run twenty minutes it seems to be perfect or if I drive and let it sit warm for a bit, it also goes away. Any suggestion who I should speak to at SVT as I met engeer Jamal at Sebring last month and mentioned it he had no response, I even mashed the neutral start safety switch (replaced under warranty) because I wanted to be sure to have the clutch full depressed. My car has almost 5,000 although it is getting a bit better (cold) still have the cold problem. Car built Oct 19 06 Hans

..I don't think you really have an issue; just shift carefully for first few minutes and you should be fine. I try to let mine warm up for a few minutes to help this out. If you have these issues with a warm tranny, more to worry about.

Archived