TEAM SHELBY FORUM

survey...clutch and trans problems..

MYGT500

I'd like to know ,how many cars have had either clutch or transmission problems. If your car has,please list the symptoms, the mileage at the time,and any mods to the car. I'd like to know if there is a defect or people are beating on the cars too hard.

I called SVT a few weeks ago,and they claim no know defects in clutches or trannys..Let us know what's happened to your ride.

I'd like to know ,how many cars have had either clutch or transmission problems. If your car has,please list the symptoms, the mileage at the time,and any mods to the car. I'd like to know if there is a defect or people are beating on the cars too hard.

I called SVT a few weeks ago,and they claim no know defects in clutches or trannys..Let us know what's happened to your ride.

I have to report a problem. We need more photos of your Avatar. Pool pics preferrably.

HSURB

none .. no issues ...3700 miles and counting

IM wondering how many people have their left foot "on" the clutch peddle while driving inbetween shifts... Not many will admit it! 3500 miles and she still feels like the first ride home everytime!

Not me! I distinctly recall reading in the manual as that not being a wise driving habit.

Only problem is the first 3 gears...the tires just spin uncontrolably :hyper:

SCGT500 .... that really made me laugh .... funny ~! :hysterical2:

• 3 weeks later...

I am having a problem with my trans that I am wondering if everyone else has it, I am unable to shift into fifth gear if my speed is 90+, I have only 1000 mile on the car and I have tried it a couple of time and it will not go into gear, it forces me to shift from fourth to sixth gear. Does anyone else have this problem, it may just be the design of the trans with fifth and reverse being in the same gate in the trans. I would like to know if I need to take it in for repair or if I need to live with the problem.

I am having a problem with my trans that I am wondering if everyone else has it, I am unable to shift into fifth gear if my speed is 90+, I have only 1000 mile on the car and I have tried it a couple of time and it will not go into gear, it forces me to shift from fourth to sixth gear. Does anyone else have this problem, it may just be the design of the trans with fifth and reverse being in the same gate in the trans. I would like to know if I need to take it in for repair or if I need to live with the problem.

get it looked at. This is not right.

get it looked at. This is not right.

...I would not have defined 5th and reverse as being in the same gate. It may be that you are just thinking you have to go farther over for 5th than needed. Reverse is really quite a bit over and up, and it supposed to be locked out (a very good thing LOL). Can you get it into 5th at a standstill?

5th and reverse are not in the same gate. :headscratch:

5th and reverse are not in the same gate. :headscratch:

Now I know why I keep stalling it when I'm trying to back out of the garage.

bj

...I would not have defined 5th and reverse as being in the same gate. It may be that you are just thinking you have to go farther over for 5th than needed. Reverse is really quite a bit over and up, and it supposed to be locked out (a very good thing LOL). Can you get it into 5th at a standstill?

YEP just call me a dumb a$$! I don't know how I drove the car for 1000 miles and thought that rev & 5th were in the same gate. I am in WI and have had it parked for 4 months, I went out and checked the gates and discovered that yes I am a MORON and this was a stupid post on my part. Thank you for your honest and understanding help.

YEP just call me a dumb a$$! I don't know how I drove the car for 1000 miles and thought that rev & 5th were in the same gate. I am in WI and have had it parked for 4 months, I went out and checked the gates and discovered that yes I am a MORON and this was a stupid post on my part. Thank you for your honest and understanding help.

just one a$$ among many of us :hysterical2: I'm just glad you did not really have a tranny problem. It did take me a bit to get used to the shifter. I believe I was working too hard at it, and when I finally relaxed, it worked out a lot better.

take care

John

Archived