TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rack & Pinion problem

4KINGS

"10 coupe, grinding & poping while moving the steering wheel, I can feel it in the wheel as well as the peddels. I have been to the dealer three times about this and they continue to say it"s normal nothing wrong. They actually told me to keep driving it untill something breaks so they can figure out what it is. It"s been doing this from the day I got it and getting worse, it must be the power rack, but the steering is still tight. Anybody else here encounter anything like this

You need to throw the BS flag on them. I had this same issue with my 2010. I brought it in for TSB 09-24-16 (TBS List). They fixed it even though my car was built after the date listed on the TSB. In my experience in dealing with this, they hardly know anything about the TSB's, so I printed it out and brought it with me for them to read over. Just make sure they treat your car the way you want them to. I got mine back with a 4" vertical dent on my driver's door after this repair...lol.

Finally, They figured it out, strut mounts again second set. No more grinding and popping from the front end.

Wow! On a '10?

Something isn't right with that.

After your warranty ends you might want to think about getting a set of Shelby, Maximum Motorsports or FRPP FR500S upper strut mounts with a bearing in them.

What goes wrong with them?

Phill

Not sure what happened to them. After the first set was replaced it was still making the same noises when i picked it up, thats why i started thinking "steering rack" but the sounds are gone now. I"ve had a FR3 kit waiting in the shop here for a while untill i could get this fixed. Now i can start making it "MY" car. I was worried about doing anything to it and the dealer blame the new suspension parts.

Archived