TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ricekiller (RKC)

Okay, so I have recently stopped attending a car meet that is named "Ricekiller"

When the group was started a few years ago when I began attending, it was a meet dominated by muscle cars, new and classic, as well as high dollar imports and luxury cars.

Now, the meet is sponsored by Monster and the number of true, high-quality muscle cars, has been dwarfed. The car show has faded into a business mindset just trying to get mass amounts of people to show up, ricer or not.

People (mainly young teens) would rip through a full parking lot with their Scions or Hondas and cause problems. Multiple times, people were leaning on my Shelby and when I asked them to leave, the basic answer was, you can't tell me what I can or cant do.

Anyways, my main point here is STAY AWAY FROM THE RKC GROUP IN TEXAS. The owner himself, Jared Guynes, drives an 90's camaro wrapped in Monster logos and has NO performance modifications which is what we classify as "Ricer". So if a group named Ricekiller is owned and run by a guy who is a ricer.... Go figure.

Anyways, if you have stories/comments please leave them, I'd like to read if anyone knows of any other good, real car meets in the Fort Worth area I can go to.

Thanks,

Seth

Wow, that term must have changed over the years. A ricer is a rice rocket or rice burner, which is an import car that has many modifications that serve no functional purpose and are usually flamboyant. The term is often related to another term- poser, but they aren't necessary the same thing.

Here a few examples of rice:

Poser.jpg

zenkirice.jpg

10014933lz.jpg

Wow, that term must have changed over the years. A ricer is a rice rocket or rice burner, which is an import car that has many modifications that serve no functional purpose and are usually flamboyant. The term is often related to another term- poser, but they aren't necessary the same thing.

Here a few examples of rice:

Poser.jpg

zenkirice.jpg

10014933lz.jpg

Hey, where did you get the picture of the orange one? I wanted to sell my 65,home, wife and kids for that baby.I bet it is a limited production and will be worth more than any Shelby out there! Then I can take it to the 2012 Shelby bash and kick some Shelby butt, on the track and off as well.Come on you know people would be jealouse if I pulled up in that THING! :hysterical::hysterical: Do you think Shelby would sign the dash? :hysterical:

Hey, where did you get the picture of the orange one? I wanted to sell my 65,home, wife and kids for that baby.I bet it is a limited production and will be worth more than any Shelby out there! Then I can take it to the 2012 Shelby bash and kick some Shelby butt, on the track and off as well.Come on you know people would be jealouse if I pulled up in that THING! :hysterical::hysterical: Do you think Shelby would sign the dash? :hysterical:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poser_Mobile

Okay, so I have recently stopped attending a car meet that is named "Ricekiller"

When the group was started a few years ago when I began attending, it was a meet dominated by muscle cars, new and classic, as well as high dollar imports and luxury cars.

Now, the meet is sponsored by Monster and the number of true, high-quality muscle cars, has been dwarfed. The car show has faded into a business mindset just trying to get mass amounts of people to show up, ricer or not.

People (mainly young teens) would rip through a full parking lot with their Scions or Hondas and cause problems. Multiple times, people were leaning on my Shelby and when I asked them to leave, the basic answer was, you can't tell me what I can or cant do.

Anyways, my main point here is STAY AWAY FROM THE RKC GROUP IN TEXAS. The owner himself, Jared Guynes, drives an 90's camaro wrapped in Monster logos and has NO performance modifications which is what we classify as "Ricer". So if a group named Ricekiller is owned and run by a guy who is a ricer.... Go figure.

Anyways, if you have stories/comments please leave them, I'd like to read if anyone knows of any other good, real car meets in the Fort Worth area I can go to.

Thanks,

Seth

Clubs are all about profit for themselve's I say a good 85% The only car show I go to is once a month at adams fairacre farms there isn't a charge to attend or park you can enter your car. They really got it nice and orderly ricers show and they can enter also in there group. They have a D.J or live band and great food at a low price and have to say its packed and never an incident. Which is shocking with the amout of people and cars. Never seen a person lean on someones car you car leave your windows down with no fears. But thats as far as I go. My old club went back to Shit land a 45min drive where if you wanted to get car jacked or harassed by the ricers thats the place to go. It's all about the dollars

So far I have been lucky not to have anyone lean on my car or should I say they are lucky.

I did once back in the day of hanging out in the hamptons by the beach and parked in a lot. I had my 89 vert with a whale tail and I came out to the lot and the 2 teenager lot boys were sitting on my truck with there feet on my bumper. They said you should be happy we're keeping your car safe I made sure they were safe as they got fired and gave me money to have my bumper buffed out.

All events can get out of hand, bigger the crowd more things can go south not just a ricer thing

I agree anything can happen anywhere !! But to state Adam's had to revamp their show do to the ricers they would come late when all the muscle cars are parked in spots the ricers would come and park in the isles blocking cars in. Then they wouldn't move to let a car out and they run around like idiots to other ricers car's bashing it worst of all more than half the ricers cars are beat up and nothing look at. Except for the big RPM gauge and coffee can. So do too Adam's nice ways to still have a monthly show they had to use employee's to stand out in the heat to direct cars where to go. Since that change would you believe that the ricer car amount has dropped to maybe 2 cars at the show. Makes me wonder but what do I know !!! I wouldn't think that they came to disrupt the show. Just my penny's

The owner himself, Jared Guynes, drives an 90's camaro wrapped in Monster logos and has NO performance modifications which is what we classify as "Ricer"

Pretty much, spot on.

Jared is a cancer to the automotive enthusiast community.

As a teenager who is almost in his senior year of high school and a Ford lover, I have to agree with all of these comments 100%. What Ricekiller did was so stupid and what a shame for Jared to do that. As for those teens, you do something like that in my area, you're just looking for an excuse to start a fight and get the police involved.

I feel like it's a shame a lot of people are going for rice now these days. I think you just look like a freaken goof in whatever you are driving that's modified rice.

A friend of mine is definatly going for rice and tells me that Ford sucks and always complains when I tell him that I want to get a Mustang and I am just fed up with it. I'm not saying anything about it because I know he will BS his way out of what I am trying to tell him. But what can I tell you. He's just an abnoxious guy who just wants muscles, be a show off, drive a ricer and does stupid stuff as well as say stupid stuff. Maybe put words out of context then what they should really be. Well all I can say is that he should come crying to me when his TT Supra or whatever POS he gets ends up losing to my 'stang which I can easily modify and get a lot of power thanks to just a few bolt-ons (thank you Ford!)

the one thing I would bring to a ricer fight if I had the money. :spiteful:

hehehe

As a teenager who is almost in his senior year of high school and a Ford lover, I have to agree with all of these comments 100%. What Ricekiller did was so stupid and what a shame for Jared to do that. As for those teens, you do something like that in my area, you're just looking for an excuse to start a fight and get the police involved.

I feel like it's a shame a lot of people are going for rice now these days. I think you just look like a freaken goof in whatever you are driving that's modified rice.

A friend of mine is definatly going for rice and tells me that Ford sucks and always complains when I tell him that I want to get a Mustang and I am just fed up with it. I'm not saying anything about it because I know he will BS his way out of what I am trying to tell him. But what can I tell you. He's just an abnoxious guy who just wants muscles, be a show off, drive a ricer and does stupid stuff as well as say stupid stuff. Maybe put words out of context then what they should really be. Well all I can say is that he should come crying to me when his TT Supra or whatever POS he gets ends up losing to my 'stang which I can easily modify and get a lot of power thanks to just a few bolt-ons (thank you Ford!)

the one thing I would bring to a ricer fight if I had the money. :spiteful:

hehehe

Hey don't let someones thoughts get you worked up. Today's Fad is imports due the movie the fast & furious !!! Remember never be a follower always be what you want to be. Worry about education set yourself up for a happy life. Cars are great but no education and good job equals no money and junk box to drive. I may have got out of my job early but either way I don't have to work again and have my cake and eat it too.

Good luck

Hey don't let someones thoughts get you worked up. Today's Fad is imports due the movie the fast & furious !!! Remember never be a follower always be what you want to be. Worry about education set yourself up for a happy life. Cars are great but no education and good job equals no money and junk box to drive. I may have got out of my job early but either way I don't have to work again and have my cake and eat it too.

Good luck

Well said. I'm kind of an import fan, but not as much. I only like a few. Me and my passion for muscle cars is what mostly counts and with me being me: well: I like it. It seperates me from the crowd a bit because a lot of people I know buy foreign cars because their cheap and think that American cars are crap. That was so 1970s-80s. This is now and we have gotten better and possibly surpass a lot of those imported brands. I like nothing more than the true deep rumble of the American V8 and that's a fact. I also think that they are styled better too.

Just took the SAT again today. Hopefully I do okay and get a really good education in college to get a good job. Already thought of some possibly good jobs to go into that combines good pay, and an interest from childhood. (anybody here on TS an Air Traffic Controller, Air Traffic Control superviser or does something with marketing, buisness management?)

Thanks for wishing me luck. Really need it and I hope to be very successful. That's one of the main goals of living life right?

I honestly think the trend went towards imports because of 3 reasons: 1) they're cheap on fuel, 2) they're easy to find, 3) they were different (JDM was the 'in' thing for a while). I remember street racing before fast and furious came out. They're were plenty of Civics out there, but none of them were real competition. My Chevelle and my buddies Nova were some of the faster cars. Us domestic guys were still competing with each other.

Greg

I honestly think the trend went towards imports because of 3 reasons: 1) they're cheap on fuel, 2) they're easy to find, 3) they were different (JDM was the 'in' thing for a while). I remember street racing before fast and furious came out. They're were plenty of Civics out there, but none of them were real competition. My Chevelle and my buddies Nova were some of the faster cars. Us domestic guys were still competing with each other.

Greg

The first import I saw run was on staten island in the mid 80's everyone with a muscle car would go to this spot right off the Goethals bridge the first exit took you to the service road. It's a mile and a half one thursday night a guy show's up with a corolla. Would not show his engine but challenged the fastest car there for cash (unknown to me) everyone was laughing at this guy. Till he blew the doors off a muscle car by 2 cars he took his money laughing. He came back the following thursday no one would run him in fear of losing to an import. That was the 1st and last time a import showed up.

Greg

+1 and cheap in general.

The trend is widening for sure because I was at the oak bech car show today and saw an older guy (looked like he was in his 40s-50s) showing off his subaru WRX STI. That really knocked me out when I saw that. And a lot of teenagers are also going for imports as their first car. I mean come on!

The first import I saw run was on staten island in the mid 80's everyone with a muscle car would go to this spot right off the Goethals bridge the first exit took you to the service road. It's a mile and a half.

Hey Racer. They also race here on LI. Biggest drag racing places are the bridges to captree and also on ocean parkway. They also turned into cop hot spots because of that and it night. You could see police lights on the bridge from a very far distance away because the cops are hanging out there trying to nail racers and speeders.

I`m gonna weigh in here as an OLD dude, that loves pretty much ALL cars. Some are not my thing, but I respect them as an automobile, someone`s pride and joy, and as a personal mode of transportation and self expression for each to his or her own...

That said, now MY personal `weigh in`:

The term `ricer, or rice rocket` has really been replaced, IMO with `Tuner`. This new phrase is able to encompass the Dodge Neons, my Beloved 135i BMW (much to my dismay, frankly), and all of the rest of the smaller displacement cars that guys install computer enhancements and larger diameter exhaust tips than the cylinder bore of their respective motors. All not being necessarily Asian anymore. Hence, the old phrase of `Ricer` doesn`t always work anymore. I am having a short shifter installed in my 135i this week at a `tuner shop` in Philly. Yes, a tuner shop. I am NOT crazy about the notion that my BMW 135 is a tuner, nor that I am giving some young 20 something any of my hard earned cash to work on ANY of my cars, at a tuner shop!? However, since selling my Superior lift, I am handicapped and cannot do these under the car things anymore!

As far as the car show issue...being overrun with `tuners`...as long as you have these large companies like Monster, and RedBull hanging around these functions, you will attract these younger guys with these types of cars. Again, IMHO, if car shows that want to tailor themselves to a more muscle or even exotic crowd, they NEED to do the Cars and Coffee thing. My experience has been that if show and shines are held at coffee establishments, they are more over held to just the older , calmer set with the above mentioned types of cars. This is in NO WAY a slam to the Tuner guys, it`s just an observation that I have made in these last five or so years. It is what I thought the OP was trying to ask about?

JMHO :salute:

+1 and cheap in general.

The trend is widening for sure because I was at the oak bech car show today and saw an older guy (looked like he was in his 40s-50s) showing off his subaru WRX STI. That really knocked me out when I saw that. And a lot of teenagers are also going for imports as their first car. I mean come on!

Hey Racer. They also race here on LI. Biggest drag racing places are the bridges to captree and also on ocean parkway. They also turned into cop hot spots because of that and it night. You could see police lights on the bridge from a very far distance away because the cops are hanging out there trying to nail racers and speeders.

The cops use to do that with the lights to give us a heads up. This one cop had it out for me and back then cops kicked your ass for looking at them. This cop hammered me on night at the local night clubs I was just hanging out with my cop friends. I leave them go thru the alley in my Big block T/A and out of no where I get pulled up on and stopped. This little female cop comes over and start ripping into me before I can say one word this cop gets out of the passenger side. I'm 6'1 with 18 inch arms and this cop made me look like a peanut and he puffing on a cigar he tells me if you say one word I put the cigar out on your eyeball. I ended with 2 tickets and swing around back to my 2 cop friends. They had a good laugh took my tickets and told me he would have crushed you back then there was no drug test for steroids. My buddy says if he grabs you again tell him your friends with me.

Now back to the illegal drag strip I was lined up to run this chevy about to drop the hammer and we get raid and the monster was their he blocks me in and is smiling ear to ear. He screams at me your done cars mine your running racing fuel car on the street and drag race with slicks and still no hood. I want your license now and keys so I am nice as hell and say here you go Oh by the way Donny and Pete say hi and to leave me the fuck alone. He was not happy with that but he did get me out of there while other guys got towed. I bought the cop a bunch of high end cigars . Good old 80's free love and racing fuel

Street racing did make me a great driver as a cop and at drivers training for NYPD the cop was like where did you learn to drive the only thing that thru me off was the ABS never had excperience with it. But once mastered it was a cool tool.

Enjoy

I`m gonna weigh in here as an OLD dude, that loves pretty much ALL cars. Some are not my thing, but I respect them as an automobile, someone`s pride and joy, and as a personal mode of transportation and self expression for each to his or her own...

That said, now MY personal `weigh in`:

The term `ricer, or rice rocket` has really been replaced, IMO with `Tuner`. This new phrase is able to encompass the Dodge Neons, my Beloved 135i BMW (much to my dismay, frankly), and all of the rest of the smaller displacement cars that guys install computer enhancements and larger diameter exhaust tips than the cylinder bore of their respective motors. All not being necessarily Asian anymore. Hence, the old phrase of `Ricer` doesn`t always work anymore. I am having a short shifter installed in my 135i this week at a `tuner shop` in Philly. Yes, a tuner shop. I am NOT crazy about the notion that my BMW 135 is a tuner, nor that I am giving some young 20 something any of my hard earned cash to work on ANY of my cars, at a tuner shop!? However, since selling my Superior lift, I am handicapped and cannot do these under the car things anymore!

As far as the car show issue...being overrun with `tuners`...as long as you have these large companies like Monster, and RedBull hanging around these functions, you will attract these younger guys with these types of cars. Again, IMHO, if car shows that want to tailor themselves to a more muscle or even exotic crowd, they NEED to do the Cars and Coffee thing. My experience has been that if show and shines are held at coffee establishments, they are more over held to just the older , calmer set with the above mentioned types of cars. This is in NO WAY a slam to the Tuner guys, it`s just an observation that I have made in these last five or so years. It is what I thought the OP was trying to ask about?

JMHO :salute:

I hear you on that but I do follow the ricers forums to the fact that alot of aftermarket parts companys had out parts to these guys or half price most other stuff. I contacted one company about coilovers and wanted a set for my shelby to try out like you did for the ricers. He told me he would take 200.00 off the price and I said for 300.00 eibachs would work better.

I, too, am into all types of cars. I will always have a spot for muscle cars, they're my favorite. There are some imports I like too. The term rice or ricer is also used by the sport compact guys. It's a mocking term regardless of what type of car you have. The term 'tuner' is used to designate a modern sport compact car, usually an import. The term came from how most of the newer cars are 'tune' via a computer instead of physically altering the ignition timing or carb settings. It's a bit of a misnomer though since you can tune any car. However, as a noun, the term is used towards modern sport compacts. Check out the magazine Import Tuner or Grassroots Motorsports for further examples.

I, too, am into all types of cars. I will always have a spot for muscle cars, they're my favorite. There are some imports I like too. The term rice or ricer is also used by the sport compact guys. It's a mocking term regardless of what type of car you have. The term 'tuner' is used to designate a modern sport compact car, usually an import. The term came from how most of the newer cars are 'tune' via a computer instead of physically altering the ignition timing or carb settings. It's a bit of a misnomer though since you can tune any car. However, as a noun, the term is used towards modern sport compacts. Check out the magazine Import Tuner or Grassroots Motorsports for further examples.

Thanks Greg........................................back to the :stats: and :read: !!

Archived