TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Centercaps

I ordered a set of "Shelby GT" center caps to replace the "pony" center caps on the factory 18 inch wheels on my 2007 Shelby GT-Will they fit?Someone said they would not--What diameter center cap is needed---2 1/2 inch????thanks

I ordered a set of "Shelby GT" center caps to replace the "pony" center caps on the factory 18 inch wheels on my 2007 Shelby GT-Will they fit?Someone said they would not--What diameter center cap is needed---2 1/2 inch????thanks

Hello

Yes they fit. -From our website:

DBox_Border_Left_Top.gifclear1x1.gifDBox_Border_Right_Top.gifclear1x1.gif These wheel caps will fit in place of the factory Shelby GT or Mustang ones.

Notes:

Sold in a set of four.

Available with black or silver outer edge.

Applications:

Will not fit GT500 wheels.

:superhero:

Here are the ones I just put on my 2007 SGT. You need to pull each wheel to install them. The original ones and the Shelby ones are held in by a snap ring from the inside.

100_0038.jpg

If you have the stock wheels they will fit fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry screwed up on the other post !!! I know shelby parts or any other mustang store wont like this but you can go to either a graphic shop or one online and design your own center caps and other things. As long as your not making them to resale its fine. I even made one for my steering wheel center cap it's self adhesive the ones on my center cap has been on for a year never a problem of peeling off or discolored. Same thing with interior dyes I did my seats and door panel and guys at shows thought that my interior was custom. Just a can of dye done right. You save money for bigger things. Just a thought..

Thats how we have these cars Mr Shelby made he was thinking out of the box and coming up with his own ideas.

It's a nice feeling when you added to something you love with your own personal touch

i must have done somthing wrong. i put the shelby gt caps on my 07 shelby by just popping off the factory caps with a screwdriver and put the new ones on by pushing them on. they have been on 4 years and no problems.

The wheel caps are made of plastic. They are essentially a half cylinder shape with four 'fingers' that have a lip that grabs the wheel lip. On the inside of those 'fingers' is a round metal ring that applies outward pressure to keep it on. The correct way of removing them without damaging the wheel to to depress the fingers from the backside (over the years, I've found it easier to remove the snap ring with needle nose pliers to make removal easier). and push the center outward. To install the new ones, simply push them in until they are flush and snap in.

The wheel caps are made of plastic. They are essentially a half cylinder shape with four 'fingers' that have a lip that grabs the wheel lip. On the inside of those 'fingers' is a round metal ring that applies outward pressure to keep it on. The correct way of removing them without damaging the wheel to to depress the fingers from the backside (over the years, I've found it easier to remove the snap ring with needle nose pliers to make removal easier). and push the center outward. To install the new ones, simply push them in until they are flush and snap in.

I didn't want to do any damange so I installed mine from the inside, too. If I want to go back totyhe stock centers, they are intact as are the rims.

I've found the easiest way to remove center caps is with the handle end of a hammer or mallet.

Just put the end in the hole and knock out the center cap.

I've used that method on cars for the last 25-30 years, including my OEM SVT center caps (2010 GT500) and my OE KR wheels w/SVT center caps, both with metal fingers (early Pontiac for instance) and the newer plastic fingers like are found on the SVT center caps.

I tried the "GPS Suction Cup" method a TS poster used but I couldn't get the cap to come out before I lost suction on the cup.

Phill

Archived