TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua Production

krshelbykr

Just curious to why SA stopped making them? I wish they would do it to the current v6. I have my heart set on a BOSS so I probably couldn't buy a Terlingua anyways even if they still made them but it would be nice to have options.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On page 18 of the 2009 Shelby Annual magazine, under the Terlingua picture at the top of the page it says:

"As of summer 2009, more than 50 Terlingua Mustangs had been built at the Shelby Mod Shops."

Hi All,

Sorry I have been absent lately. I was called to take a crew of wildland fire fighters (20 members) on emergency fire crew to AZ. To the big fires there. No internet out on the fire line. I am just back having worked over 170 hours of fire overtime in 17 days and driven over 4,000 mile. The crew and I are safe and well.

I can account for 38-40 Terlinguas as in actual, I know the owner, CSM etc. So there are that many. This does include the concept, NFS, Prototypes, etc.

I will look up the records when time allows. I am just back from a 17 hour day,

Good to see everyone on Team Shelby again and prep goes back into gear for T11 which will be great!!!!

Your faithful Terlingua registrar. The numbers I am quoting though are NOT official they are my numbers gathered by me talking to other Terlingua owners. Official numbers are coming from registry as soon as possible.

Vorpal aka David

Hi All,

I did check my personal, unofficial list and I can acount for 37 or 38 Terlinguas including all known variants and prototypes etc.

There of could be ones I have not yet found.

David

• 8 months later...

When I talked to shelby last year they said "around 35". I dont assume that is including prototypes and such.

Speaking of production how many convertibles ended up being made? And come on that has to be an easy one to answer...

• 1 year later...

And possibly what is the breakdown of differences in-between the convertibles? Auto/manual, color and so on?

And the CSM numbers are different from each production place so I guess there could be some confusion.... maybe.

Well it is now on the Shelby American website as a "previous model". I guess that's it.

You need to Stop posting because every time I see your Vista Blue Terlingua I want to buy it :drool: ... remember, I saw it in Dallas on the lift being built and the Vista Blue is a great color hence why I got it on my 2008 GT/SC

No official announcement has been made from SAI but the fate of the bunny is not looking good.

Steve

Jump to the new 2015 Mustang coming out and the FACT that FORD will be producing the GT350, Shelby American would be stupid not to bring the Terlingua package back because isn't the Eco-boost V6 will be an option on the 2015 Mustang? You can do many things with those Turbo's to produce big power yet good gas mileage on the V6, but then again just saying

Jump to the new 2015 Mustang coming out and the FACT that FORD will be producing the GT350, Shelby American would be stupid not to bring the Terlingua package back because isn't the Eco-boost V6 will be an option on the 2015 Mustang? You can do many things with those Turbo's to produce big power yet good gas mileage on the V6, but then again just saying

I would think that Mr.Bill would have to sign on for that to happen again ,,but lets all hope

I would think that Mr.Bill would have to sign on for that to happen again ,,but lets all hope

lets just say Mr. Bill isn't playing ball... read between the lines so highly unlikely it will happen and was told this

lets just say Mr. Bill isn't playing ball... read between the lines so highly unlikely it will happen and was told this

yes ,some people just don't need the money ,or want it .

I mean ,,they could do limited runs of each color ,

Maybe Shelby Autos ,could come up with its own thing ,, like the " Desert Snake " Racer and make it from the V6 Eco Turbo Mustangs

black wheels ,and crazy one off colors ,etc

just saying .

And possibly what is the breakdown of differences in-between the convertibles? Auto/manual, color and so on?

And the CSM numbers are different from each production place so I guess there could be some confusion.... maybe.

Hi Thumper,

Thanks for the good questions. This model, the Terlingua, has not yet had officials production numbers compiled and therefore it is not possible to accurately answer your questions at this time.

I did not want to leave your question hanging or unanswered, but cannot provide a true answer yet for you either.

David

I've heard 40 or 45 got made......but then again, if David says there are no official numbers, then there are no official numbers.

He is the Terlingua Registrar and Point man on all things Terlingua.

Heck, the man lives there for cryin' out loud!.

and there is only one event each year where you can see the largest gathering of these great cars.....

bet you can guess where that event is held..........:lurk:

I've heard 40 or 45 got made......but then again, if David says there are no official numbers, then there are no official numbers.

and there is only one event each year where you can see the largest gathering of these great cars.....

bet you can guess where that event is held.......... :lurk:

Yes there are no official numbers, YET.

One would think that the Terlingua program would be the easiest to crunch build numbers on but its not playing out that way. While it would not be proper for me to go into the details please keep in mind that the majority of the Terlingua builds were from Quantum Performance who as most of you know are no longer in business. It is important to keep that in mind that Quantums record keeping left much to be desired and that we no longer have the option to just give them a call to clear up any build discrepancies. Now that doesn't mean we don't have other ways of sorting out any build discrepancies as there are other routes to take such as accounting records, licensing statements, etc or even more importantly contacting Terlingua owners which David has been especially diligent on doing so.

I have a saying and some of you have heard me say this before and that is you can't unring the bell. This is why you don't see the Shelby American Registry releasing build numbers prefaced by the words we think or we believe xyz cars have been built. It does no one any good for a build number to be released if we are not 100% certain its an accurate number that will stand the test of time.

Now with that all said I would like to thank everyone for their patience. In this digital world we sometimes get accustomed to instant gratification believing that the requested info is just a few keystrokes away. Sometimes it is and sometimes its not. The Terlingua numbers fall into the its not category.

I would also urge you to contact David with any Terlingua sightings you may have. Besides accounting for all the factory Terlingua builds we also have to remember that there are clones out there that need to be documented.

Steve

bet you can guess where that event is held.......... :lurk:,,let me guess ,,lol,1005905_563327927043561_430641307_n.jpg :camera:

1005905_563327927043561_430641307_n.jpg

Thanks very much Steve for adding to the discussion and clarifying.

Michael thanks for the vote of confidence, ditto Richard.

PLEASE do send any and all Terlingua sightings to me. Photos are hugely helpful as well, of the car and most especially, no snickering the CSM #! But any sighting, where as in what state and area, what color, the meatball on the side #, pics of any angle all help as many of these Terlinguas are unique enough for me to ID that way.

I can simply say there are more than 25 of these to answer one question.

My thanks.

David

Archived