TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua Production

krshelbykr

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I had a choice I would like to see the current 2011 and newer 6 bangers be able to be turned into the Terlingua.

I agree with this. I waited until the last minute to get one with the hopes that they would develop one. With that said, they are probably better off selling the GTS.

I would have to check with sales to verify, but I think the very last one is being made next week. If you want one, call ASAP.

This is interesting as rumor had it that the licensing agreement expired on Dec 31 and was not renewed? Apparantly don't believe everything you hear. Congrats to whom ever.

This is interesting as rumor had it that the licensing agreement expired on Dec 31 and was not renewed? Apparantly don't believe everything you hear. Congrats to whom ever.

In a way, I still see your info as possibibly being correct. Back when I got mine, I paid my deposit in October and the Mod Shop didn't start on it until June.

This last owner may have started the process in December and had to wait a few months to ship the car off for conversion.

Anyways would like to hear some of the basic details for the "Last Terlingua." (Body type, colors...etc.)

In a way, I still see your info as possibibly being correct. Back when I got mine, I paid my deposit in October and the Mod Shop didn't start on it until June.

This last owner may have started the process in December and had to wait a few months to ship the car off for conversion.

Anyways would like to hear some of the basic details for the "Last Terlingua." (Body type, colors...etc.)

Great points.

Having never bought a car from Shelby I have always wondered what if anything they tell the owners getting vehilces converted.

• Do they mention to them anything about Team Shelby?
  • Do they explain the registry and it's benefits?
  • Do they collect email info so as to communicate with them in the future? (i.e. model specific get togethers or parts sales, etc)

Seems to me that this would be very common sense and be a great "value added" feature for customers. Build a sense of community and you may very likely sell a few more cars.

Anyone know if Shelby does this?

Having never bought a car from Shelby I have always wondered what if anything they tell the owners getting vehilces converted.

• Do they collect email info so as to communicate with them in the future? (i.e. model specific get togethers or parts sales, etc)

Seems to me that this would be very common sense and be a great "value added" feature for customers. Build a sense of community and you may very likely sell a few more cars.

There you go thinking again!

Doc Scott

Im not sure they do that...Yesterday, as I frantically drove around San Antonio trying to get my misfire codes fixed, I ended up at Northside Ford, and there was a white Supersnake with 40th badges, supersnake stripes. I asked about the car, but only got that it had major problems, and it had a lot of dust on it. Then another guy walked over to talk about my car, and it came up again. The guy said his name and that he has THREE. A red one, a black one, and this white one.

I often wonder how someone could be such a collector or fan, and not end up mingling with the others of us. Apparently, the owner of those cars had asked about me and my 350. I left a card. :shrug:

Nice

:idea:

No

No

No

You're nothing but a troublemaker.

Sean, we may have to make you an honorary guest in the attic. :beerchug:

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that the last one is being build now. The last time I looked, SAI made 10. In addition, they made 1C, 1P and 2P. Quantum made 8. A few more may have been built by then.

I dont get it Robert-so you are saying there are only 18 Terlinguas? That makes no sense. There were many more than that.

I dont get it Robert-so you are saying there are only 18 Terlinguas? That makes no sense. There were many more than that.

David says he knows of 40 in various parts of the country. I believe Quantum could have built only 9 or maybe 10. I' have personally seen seven that were built by them. If LV only built 10 that would leave Tasca with 20-22 which I don't think they built. So there may be some clones getting to David. He is off fighting a fire in AZ right now, but when he gets time, I'm sure he will weigh in.

As an early owner of a Tasca built bunny, I believe they cranked out at least 6-8 of them in the first year of production so maybe they did get close to making 20+ models during the several years of Terlingua production.

Archived