TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08 shelby mods

For reference on expected results, take a look at this package:

FRPP top end package

WITH the intake you could get 425 at the crank.... without, i'd guess slightly less than 400...

Pretty sure you'd want dyno tuning as I don't know that I'd trust a mail order tune with all that, but maybe? Consider that in your cost estimates....

IF you want a blower, even if the mods would "work" with it, the blower alone will push you right up to the limits of the bottom end, so until you've got a stronger bottom end, all that extra top end stuff won't really give you anything more, you'll technically be able to get to the same safe limits but with less boost, which means less heat, but for a street car, I don't know that that would matter to you...

IMO, I would buy the Whipple and wait for the other mods when you grenade your short block. There is nothing better than the sound of the whine from the blower.

Thats my plan in a nutshell...engine seems very happy however...go with a Whipple its killer!

The whine kicks ass fo sho.

If you are even a little mechanically inclined, you can likely install the whipple yourself too... plug and play proven tune.... really hard to beat it! And this is coming from a guy that was 100% certain he was going to run a turbo on this car at one time!

thats the problem i have 4000 set aside for this car and its gonna be very hard to wait another 4 months to get the supercharger dont think i have the patience to not do anything to this car for that long but thanks for the info

I bought my Paxton setup for 3800.00 last Christams and installed it myself. 158HP add on right away. 436RWHP right now but with a better tune probably 450RWHP.

just bought 08 shelby gt was wondering what yall thought of these mods ford racing throttle body, hot rod cams, 4.10 gears with tune, ford racing heads and long tube headers

Paxton Supercharger 1.jpg

Paxton Supercharger 1.jpg

I bought my Paxton setup for 3800.00 last Christams and installed it myself. 158HP add on right away. 436RWHP right now but with a better tune probably 450RWHP.

Glad you posted that, I was always skeptical of the 150 rwhp gains brenspeed advertised on the non-intercooled kits! That's a great bang for the buck right there!

thanks for the info think i will just try and save the rest for the whipple but for now think im gonna go with just the 4.10 gear package from american muscle that comes with the tuner, but really want those hot rod cams. Also will i feel a good difference with the tune and gears

I'd pick a different cam if you're planning on going with a blower in the future. The hot rods are NA cams, first off. Secondly, they're mostly sound. You're not making a whole lot of power with them. A cheaper cam from Comp sounds just as good and makes double the power. The throttle body isn't going to net you much either, on it's own. With the heads and LT's, it'll help nominally. The gears won't be necessary with a Whipple.

Save your coin and do it right the first time. I'm speaking from experience. Good luck either way.

Archived