TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New shoes, powdered rear and a lot more attitude

alaska

Put on my new 20's with invos had the centers painted, painted the rear valance and rockers (need to get some extension stripes made up from Mr Farm Dog) and just installed the new VMP TVS and man does she run even with my new lower control arms with relo brackets she still breaks loose in 3rd and 4th it is awsome, thanks Justin

post-25386-0-56384100-1306041384_thumb.jpg

post-25386-0-47595200-1306041407_thumb.jpg

Put on my new 20's with invos had the centers painted, painted the rear valance and rockers (need to get some extension stripes made up from Mr Farm Dog) and just installed the new VMP TVS and man does she run even with my new lower control arms with relo brackets she still breaks loose in 3rd and 4th it is awsome, thanks Justin

Your car looks great! What all was involved with painting the rear valance and rockers? I love the way that looks!

Bangastang just sent me an email shortly after reading this post,(which I thought was real funny).....They now will paint your rocker panels,splitter,and valance for 1750.00......I'm sure it will be a quality job but what a joke on the price. Also in an earlier post I commented I like them unpainted better, well after thinking about it I feel that it matters on what color you have . I feel the darker colors like kona,black,sterling gray,look better unpainted but colors like grabber,white,silver would look better painted...just my opinion and too the original post , your car looks sweet.....What kinda of wheels(rims) you have there?

Looks sweet, you'll like the Invos also.

Sorry I havent replied I had to fly out of town for the last couple of days for work, I will post some other shots tomorrow, thanks I really like the look of it I was riding the fence on painting or not so I went for it, I pulled the rear valance and rockers myself was a piece of cake Roush has directions on removal of the rear valance removed it in an hour by myself, painting didnt cost me anything per say as I am in Fire Prevention and traded out an inspection with my painter. The wheels are Boyd Codington F09's I had the center spokes painted but I am going to do something different next year wider and probably an 18 as with the new VMP TVS I need traction I plan to switch out the lower with a 10% and go bigger throttle body and fuel rails also.

.....They now will paint your rocker panels,splitter,and valance for 1750.00......I'm sure it will be a quality job but what a joke on the price.

It better add about 50 horsepower too, for that kind of money. That's just rediculous. I like the way it looks...but I don't like it that much.

It better add about 50 horsepower too, for that kind of money. That's just rediculous. I like the way it looks...but I don't like it that much.

It cost me a trade out for an inspection no money out of my pocket inspection took me an hour. see my post above

Bangastang just sent me an email shortly after reading this post,(which I thought was real funny).....They now will paint your rocker panels,splitter,and valance for 1750.00......I'm sure it will be a quality job but what a joke on the price. Also in an earlier post I commented I like them unpainted better, well after thinking about it I feel that it matters on what color you have . I feel the darker colors like kona,black,sterling gray,look better unpainted but colors like grabber,white,silver would look better painted...just my opinion and too the original post , your car looks sweet.....What kinda of wheels(rims) you have there?

+1 Lighter colors look great! with them painted.

Looks Great - Question -It's hard to tell from the photo, did you smooth all of the plastic or did you leave the texture as is and just prep, prime and shoot color? If you did go for a smooth finish, did you sand the plastic smooth or go with a high build filler primer prior to topcoat?

Thanks

Looks Great - Question -It's hard to tell from the photo, did you smooth all of the plastic or did you leave the texture as is and just prep, prime and shoot color? If you did go for a smooth finish, did you sand the plastic smooth or go with a high build filler primer prior to topcoat?

Thanks

The painter primed it for high build it is smooth. thanks Brian

That looks great! May I add that I would paint the splitter, and that thing would be top 10 on the site!

These are from the previous generation, but you get the idea.

That does look good I wasnt sure if it would look ok but after seeing your pictures it really brings it all together, thanks

Did you do the brake duct holes in the lower grille yourself? Car is looking great and definitely looks mean from the front!

yes I installed them myself, thanks, I also see your from suprise the wife and I are looking for a second house down that want any suggestions we want an acre or bigger, thanks for any help Brian

If your looking for a place in surprise is a great area. Been living here for 5 years and have never had any issues. There are a few communities that may have an acre of land.

thanks

Archived