TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Headrest Crazy

OK, so my wife doesnt like to ride in my Shelby because the headrest is not comfortable (it does tilt in a lot). So, I took them off and put them in the trunk. Ironically, it looks very good. I bought some door panel tabs at auto zone to push into the holes.

I am amazed it looks so good. Give it a try - take them out and see if you like it. Takes 5 minutes.

Casey

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so my wife doesnt like to ride in my Shelby because the headrest is not comfortable (it does tilt in a lot). So, I took them off and put them in the trunk. Ironically, it looks very good. I bought some door panel tabs at auto zone to push into the holes.

I am amazed it looks so good. Give it a try - take them out and see if you like it. Takes 5 minutes.

Casey

ok casey. post a pic of what it looks like.

It might look good but I'd hate to snap my neck if I ever get into a fender bender...

True, but I dont think headrests were even on volume cars until the early 70's. Not that I like to play the probability game - but I will take my chances on this one (and my other older mustangs). Good point to consider though!.

I will get picks soon. Easy to try yourself. Push the button on the one side that lifts the headrest and then on the other side is a tiny hole you put a paper clip in. Lifts right out. 3 minute job.

Casey

Archived