TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby front brake air duct kit installed, BUT...

notstock

Great kit but my tires (2008 GT-500, stock wheels and tires) rub against the ducting when getting towards full lock. I don't see a problem so long as i remember to watch it. I have Steeda's adjustable front sway bar, and apparently the difference in diameter from the stock one makes the difference. The only way i see to correct this completely is to have smaller diameter ducting, as i see no other way to route it. Anyone else had or heard of this issue? I missing something?

Don't know your car, but I know when I fit the FRPP kit to mine car was up high on stands and I had a friend turning lock to lock looked good before he did this, but rubbed....then I got serious with the zip tie tension and some rerouting, new zip ties and now it works great....close but no rub with 275/19 fronts and the FRPP sway bar...kinda kooky how tight they are zipped in but man its much better looking and working than my first attempt...having someone turning lock to lock inside the car while you are under it was essential for mine to get fitted...

Hope this helps....

Don't know your car, but I know when I fit the FRPP kit to mine car was up high on stands and I had a friend turning lock to lock looked good before he did this, but rubbed....then I got serious with the zip tie tension and some rerouting, new zip ties and now it works great....close but no rub with 275/19 fronts and the FRPP sway bar...kinda kooky how tight they are zipped in but man its much better looking and working than my first attempt...having someone turning lock to lock inside the car while you are under it was essential for mine to get fitted...

Hope this helps....

I had the same experience. The routing of the flexible duct work has to be perfect and firmly zip tied into place to avoid rubbing with any size tires. There's just not much room in there. My SGT has the FRPP kit slightly modified to fit my standard size brakes and my Shelby lower grill brake duct / fog light set up. regards, Larry

Archived