TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Couple questions

Anyone have the part numbers around for the 3 types of retaining clips holding the plastic parts on? The ones I am looking for are the ones that hold up the wheel wells on the front of the car. (they have a phillips screw driver fitting on them) The other one I am looking for are the ones that holds in the radiator shroud. The last ones I am looking for are the ones that hold the plastic running boards on. I would also like a part number/brand or something like that for the tool to remove the running board ones.

I tried the local ford parts department but the guy I got was not too stellar getting it right.

Next thing, any suggestions on what I can use for lubrication while clay baring? The stuff I got when i purchased the bar was enough to do one run on the car, plenty of bar left no juice left!

Thanks much gang,

Nic

I don't have any information about the part numbers for you but the clay bar lubricant is just diluted car wash concentrate, something like ArmorAll car wash concentrate works for me (just not dish soap). It takes only a couple of cap fulls of the car wash concentrate in 12 oz of water to get you what you need - just enough to make the clay slide as it needs to.

Jim

Anyone have the part numbers around for the 3 types of retaining clips holding the plastic parts on? The ones I am looking for are the ones that hold up the wheel wells on the front of the car. (they have a phillips screw driver fitting on them) The other one I am looking for are the ones that holds in the radiator shroud. The last ones I am looking for are the ones that hold the plastic running boards on. I would also like a part number/brand or something like that for the tool to remove the running board ones.

I tried the local ford parts department but the guy I got was not too stellar getting it right.

Next thing, any suggestions on what I can use for lubrication while clay baring? The stuff I got when i purchased the bar was enough to do one run on the car, plenty of bar left no juice left!

Thanks much gang,

Nic

Oreillys auto parts locally has bags of various sized pins. Bound to be something that'll work fine. They also have the removal tooll sort of a widened screwdriver with a split in it to fit around the pins.

thanks for the headsup on the bar solution! tis the time of season to take all the plastic off, wheels off and anything i can remove from the car and clean that paint up! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Hmm might get the tool from them, i might just have to be more blunt with the parts department this weekend and get what i want from them.

Nic

Oreillys auto parts locally has bags of various sized pins. Bound to be something that'll work fine. They also have the removal tooll sort of a widened screwdriver with a split in it to fit around the pins.

It's called a door panel remover.

I have two, one small and one large. The small one looks like it's made for removing small brass brads (nails) and it is the one that I was able to use to remove the side rocker cover pins with. I had to use the larger one once I pulled the pins out as far as they'd come out with the small one so I did need both. The larger (door panel remover) is too big to get inside the recess hole that the pins are inside of.

I had to pull mine to install my Roush side splitters and Roush supplied a bag with all new pins, plus 5 more per side for the outside area of the splitters.

You can probably call Roush and get their "internal part number" for them or even buy a bag for the side splitters from Roush.

HTH,

Phill

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone has any interest in finding ANY of the plastic retaining pins for your grill, radiator cover, wheel wells, running boards and a few others like that I found an option. I was in LOWES (local hardware super store if they are not national) and in the "Fastener and clips" aisle they had like 12 huge pull out drawers marked Automotive. Inside they had ALL of the plastic clips. Same size same material same everything. They are priced at about 40 cents each give or take about 10 cents for the various types for the 2010. I bought about 10 of each type and enough to replace all of my running board clips.

Just an FYI

Nic

Archived