TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAI/MRT Muffler Delete fitment issues.

UK PONY

Finally got around to installing the MRT muffler deletes I ordered through SAI over the winter....what a freakin' nightmare it was - the pipe section that is meant to slide onto the exhaust just butted against it .....needs to be flared out 1/8 of an inch...after making a couple of extra relief cuts I got the pipe to spread enough to do what it was meant to only to find that it isn't flared anywhere near deeply enough...after 6 hours the suckers finally went on correctly but required using the old and new clamps to cover the relief cuts that were neccesary.

They do sound good but as I'm not sure I'll ever feel comfortable with how they've gone on I might just go back to the Borla's that came off.

How deep did you have to make the cuts? I do recall having to cut some of them another 1/2 inch. I still used the factory bands clamped that sealed great. I'm noticing though that many aftermarket systems are coming with the pinch clamps. I would spend the extra $12 and have two band clamps ordered from jegs. They do sound good though.

Why didn't you guys just take them to a muffler shop and have them flare the ends more?

Only would have taken a couple seconds.

The relief cuts had to be extended by about 1.25" to make it fit - this was a sunday afternoon job with no muffler shops open in this little backwater..rather than leave my car effectively disabled in a friends garage we decided to forge ahead & make them fit.

There you have it Stormeaston, hotrodding at it's best- make it fit! LOL. Have a good one.

You said it.....................take the bull by the horns...............................way to go!!!

P.S. I'd a runner without any mufflers for awhile.........................................................Yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaw!!!!!!!!

Thanks for commenting on the fitment issue. We'll talk to MRT about the fitment issue.

Could you do that Robert.................................I'm look'n to get a set.

Thanks for commenting on the fitment issue. We'll talk to MRT about the fitment issue.

Thanks Robert, my reason for posting was so that others wouldn't have the same issues.

Archived