TEAM SHELBY FORUM

J&M UCA installation on 2011 GT500

NMAv

I ordered a J&M UCA from VMP per Justin's recommendation. I'm just now getting around to installing it, or so I thought. When I went to remot ethe original one I immediately noticed that the 2011 UCA bolt is much bigger than the one in the installation directions. Further investigation confirmed this as both true and a documented issue. It appears that I need a larger bolt adapter (circumference) in order to accomodate the existing bracket size. Alternately, I could get a bracket from a 2010 and install that, then the UCA.

I'm not sure if there is a larger adapter available. What hae other 2011 owners done?

I don't think it will work on 2011 gt500. the bracket is different then older models. BMR sells 2011 gt500 uca and a bracket to make it work.

I noticed Roush has a different part number for the 2011 vs. the 2010 and earlier too.

Apparently, something has changed on the '11+ that requires a different part than earlier models.

Phill

I noticed Roush has a different part number for the 2011 vs. the 2010 and earlier too.

Apparently, something has changed on the '11+ that requires a different part than earlier models.

Phill

Heard from Brad and J&M, they are hoping to have a 2011 version ready in the next 3-4 months.

Archived