TEAM SHELBY FORUM

OK, it's been 41 days........

If you don't count the side scoops, CS signed airbag cover and the Terlingua FIA stripes, I haven't touched it.

Thursday I am taking Elvis to Custom Alignment for his first mods - J+M upper and lower control arms and BMR relocation brackets + a custom alignment.

I am getting ready for LASAAC Memorial Day weekend track event at Willow Springs. Joe Silva is the man on setting up Mustangs.

Ok, go out and buy billet or chrome moly LCAs and LCA relocation brackets - after the install, my car has a serious improvement in ride and handling.

After my track time this weekend, I am loving this car.

With a properly set up Watt's Link, LCAs and relocation brackets, my car really stuck. This unibody stiffness and power steering set up of the 2011 S197 really make it a joy in the corners. It took me sometime to realize that I could take a more aggressive line than with my 06. (06 has the same suspension)

Can't wait until the next time.

With a properly set up Watt's Link, LCAs and relocation brackets, my car really stuck. This unibody stiffness and power steering set up of the 2011 S197 really make it a joy in the corners. It took me sometime to realize that I could take a more aggressive line than with my 06. (06 has the same suspension)

Thats awesome. :rockon: Any rock chips?

Very cool. I'm glad you got her on the track. Did you notice any decreases in power after about 30 minutes? Did you have any issues down shifting? Did you run race fuel or 93? Can you post your alignment specs? Did you lower the car any further?

My 2nd event was much better than the maiden voyage. I added the boss tranny scoop and had no 3rd to 2nd issues. Ran 100 octane also the second event at did not have power decreases after time. The car is so crazy good that while I understand why most of these cars will never see the track, it is a shame the owners will not experience the car to it's fullest potential.

Keep all of us posted on your mods. I will look into the brackets.

Very cool. I'm glad you got her on the track. Did you notice any decreases in power after about 30 minutes? Did you have any issues down shifting? Did you run race fuel or 93? Can you post your alignment specs? Did you lower the car any further?

My 2nd event was much better than the maiden voyage. I added the boss tranny scoop and had no 3rd to 2nd issues. Ran 100 octane also the second event at did not have power decreases after time. The car is so crazy good that while I understand why most of these cars will never see the track, it is a shame the owners will not experience the car to it's fullest potential.

Keep all of us posted on your mods. I will look into the brackets.

Ran the morning on 91 octane, afternoon added 5 gals of 100. Plenty-o-power.

No issues shifting, drove most of the course in 3rd, and shifted into fourth on the straight on the "Streets". On the big track, 3rd 4th 5th and on one lap into sixth on the front straight. The big track at Willow Springs is fast - 140-145MPH at the peak. Phenomenal experience.

I have the alignment specs in the office and will post tomorrow. Ride height is as delivered, though the Watt's Link set up has been corrected after the SAI install.

This car is a better track car than the Bondurant Mustang I drove while attending his school!

Archived