TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any orders on the GTS?

SWEDEMAN

Awesome! Cant wait to hear how you like it! But the guys at Shelby really believe it is a monster of a performer, and a few of them would definitely know!

+1

I am really excited to see the pics and here about these new Shelbys!

David

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome! Cant wait to hear how you like it! But the guys at Shelby really believe it is a monster of a performer, and a few of them would definitely know!

+2

Gary P. can push the heck out of the GTS....................... :worship:

That is not only my opinion, its kind of like the Edsel except more money!

PS: I have some great plywood floors and I am going to spend a lot of money finishing them out, they'll look real dandy and they are sure to be a collectors item one day too!

tjys is going to be cruising Hawaii in one nice Shelby GTS convertible living the dream.. It will more than likely be the only Shelby GTS in Hawaii where there is a tourist in a Mustang convertible at every stop light wishing they could have rented his Mustang instead.. Do you really need 475 H.P while driving in paradise. This GTS will be on the road driving through the rain forests every weekend, all year long with the top down. Try that with a Boss 302 convertible. Oh wait-I forgot, oh well. Now what makes sense? Hang Loose tjts, I can not wait to hear and see your rare Shelby.

I think that everyone can agree that the potential performance of the BOSS is way higher than what a V6 Mustang (Shelby GTS) would be... big suprise! On that note it's like comparing apples to oranges. I think what TJYS and myself were stating and some others alluded to was that it would be interesting to see what a GTS would do compared to a BOSS when optioned out with performance mods to equal the price of a BOSS. I dont think anyone is assuming the GTS would win, but it would be interesting to see how it stacks up.

I bought my V6 with the performance package for under the base models MSRP and could therefore upfit it to a GTS n/a for about the same price as a base GT. Sure it's a V6 but it would be a genuine Shelby. Now I could also make it a GTS-SC for less than MSRP on a BOSS.

Now, is the GTS package kind of pricey for waht you get, I kind of think so. An extra 9K for the SC is a little high for my taste, but overall you get that all important CSM#. Something a GT500 doesn't have without dropping a ton more money for an SS.

Finally, what's your deal Swede? You bash on the GTS for being a "Shelby for everyone"? I mean you do have an SGT that Shelby made what, 10,000+ of? Sounds like yours is the Shelby for eveyrone. Just because it's more affordable to get into the Shelby scene than a GT500SS or GT350 doesn't mean it is a car for everyone... take the Terlingua for example! Maybe your just upset that the new V6 puts out about as much power as your SGT did before you SC'd it, or that a GTS -SC put outs close to what your SGT-SC does now... and I am sure for less money total. Sorry... not trying to attack you but your attacks on the GTS are kind of crazy. If you don't like the GTS; fine... don't spend your hard earned money on one. But you don't have to wonder over here into the GTS threads trolling and bashing on what some Shelby fans are really excited about! Okay... stepping off my soap box now.

I'm not sure what you're getting at OP, since this is a thread for GTSs I'm assuming the plywood floors for your car? How in the world would that be collectible?

Y'all are on the money with your observations on rental Mustangs in Hawaii, they are everywhere. There are a lot of GT500s owned by the locals and soldiers but you are correct again 2+2, my wife (and I hopefully get to drive too) will have the only GTS. It will be interesting to see how much attention it gets on North Shore or Waikiki!!

I'm not sure what you're getting at OP, since this is a thread for GTSs I'm assuming the plywood floors for your car? How in the world would that be collectible?

Ok that one flew right by!

Not really... something like putting lipstick on a pig. (And folks, as much as I disagree with Swede, he is certainly

has the right to be wrong in this forum.) And by wrong, I don't mean whether the GTS is a sales success or not;

it can certainly bomb in this market. But his definition of a Shelby only being an elite product is not shared by CS or

the folks at SA. Having been at the NY Auto Show last year (and will again this year), I can tell you they want the

GTS to be as accessible at a lower price point as possible. But the premium for calling it a Shelby will still be higher

than many will wish. That's just the price for doing business with SA. Shelby's history with Dodge and his rumored

offerings with the Focus can only prove that. If they could sell 10,000 GTS cars, or 20,000 Shelby Focus cars, they

would. But the current business climate dictates lower volumes, so the premium exists. And the current environmental

climate indicates that lower cost offerings will be more about handling than power, something Swede will always

lament. Wish it were different there too.

-Tom

Its your coin...rock on my man!

PS: I took it too when I bought my "baby Shelby" they loved to say that!! :)

HAHAHA, if I get the GTS upfit they can call it a "baby Shelby" all they want; I'll still be smiling like a kid at Christmas while rolling down the road!

Not really... something like putting lipstick on a pig. (And folks, as much as I disagree with Swede, he is certainly

has the right to be wrong in this forum.) And by wrong, I don't mean whether the GTS is a sales success or not;

it can certainly bomb in this market. But his definition of a Shelby only being an elite product is not shared by CS or

the folks at SA. Having been at the NY Auto Show last year (and will again this year), I can tell you they want the

GTS to be as accessible at a lower price point as possible. But the premium for calling it a Shelby will still be higher

than many will wish. That's just the price for doing business with SA. Shelby's history with Dodge and his rumored

offerings with the Focus can only prove that. If they could sell 10,000 GTS cars, or 20,000 Shelby Focus cars, they

would. But the current business climate dictates lower volumes, so the premium exists. And the current environmental

climate indicates that lower cost offerings will be more about handling than power, something Swede will always

lament. Wish it were different there too.

-Tom

I find it rather humorous that he started the thread just to make fun of those have chosen to go with a GTS. IMO it's dishonest. Apparently his sniveling is well known on this site. I'll give his pathetic postings all of the attention they deserve, zero.

I'm considering the following:

• Buy a white 2012 GT (there is a nice one here for $34K) and send it in for GTS conversion total around $45K
  • Buy a white or grabber blue 2013 Boss 302 based upon for build site and allowance for price increase around $46K for what I want.
  • Buy the latest Ford Racing toys for the 4.7 (cams, throttle body, KR Muffler, drive shaft, manifold , etc) costing around $10K with install and dyno tune.

I just can't decide! Ugh....

• Buy a white 2012 GT (there is a nice one here for $34K) and send it in for GTS conversion total around $45K

• Buy a white or grabber blue 2013 Boss 302 based upon for build site and allowance for price increase around $46K for what I want.

• Buy the latest Ford Racing toys for the 4.7 (cams, throttle body, KR Muffler, drive shaft, manifold , etc) costing around $10K with install and dyno tune.

All good options! You can do some serious upgrades to the SGT for that amount and would be cheaper overall, but the two new cars would both be awesome too... quiet the conundrum...

BOSS 302's for MSRP are all over the place. If you can't find one then you are shopping in the wrong place or may I say NOT shopping at all (just look on EBAY; Boss 302 and you'll find them). FYI - The GTS is sooooooooooo way over priced it isn't even funny. I have said from the gate, the car is made with "most" all spare parts from cars past, nothing new here folks just move on. They wanted a new line up to entice and replace the Shelby GT but they forgot one thing........the GTS never followed the Hertz Shelby GT-H and that is the biggest bang they did NOT have. Shelby should have paid Hertz for the right to build another one then the GTS would have sold as many as they could build but Carroll @ 85++ did not want to put the coin up and take the risk as he is winding down, as expected. But as of now that car will be in the class of the Dodge Shelby, just an off the wall bad idea that went worse once it was introduced. I mean a Shelby for every person...the Shelby Mustang was NEVER made to be for everyone.

I'm sorry but I've never understood people that chime in on products that they don't own and have no intention of owning other than for no other reason to bash the product and/or the people who purchase it. I honestly don't get it!

For example, I don't go into the Android phone sites or forums to tell people there that they made the wrong choice. I have no horse in that race! I'm happy with what I have and if they are or aren't has zero impact on my happiness so why would I rain on theirs...even though I think Android is a POS.

I might be able to understand where you're coming from but I totally disagree with your conclusions, and that's fine! That's not at issue here...it's the fact that you seemed to be trolling for a fight or something and I'm just surprised and disappointed to honest. Disappointed that someone that's been here as long as you, one of old guard from the old days, someone that lived though all the SGT bashing, would do that here.

I'm not saying you don't have the "right" to present your opinion but I don't get a sense that's what this is all about...hope I'm wrong!

That's surprising. You were one of the last ones I would expect to get rid of your 07 and go for the newer body style. And 10 grand is quite high for those mods you listed. You could get a built shortblock and SC for that price.

That's surprising. You were one of the last ones I would expect to get rid of your 07 and go for the newer body style. And 10 grand is quite high for those mods you listed. You could get a built shortblock and SC for that price.

EXACTLY MY BIG ISSUE TO OVERCOME! I'm not sure I can let it go!

This is what I am thinking of getting of the SGT:

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/Ford_Racing_2005_2010_Mustang_GT_Top_End_Package_p/m-fr4-s197.htm

It will need some other items, plus the KR muffler, and about 25 hours of install time...yeah maybe closer to $7000 when it's done. Maybe I'll use the last $3K to paint the stripes! ;-)

EXACTLY MY BIG ISSUE TO OVERCOME! I'm not sure I can let it go!

This is what I am thinking of getting of the SGT:

http://www.fordracin.../m-fr4-s197.htm

It will need some other items, plus the KR muffler, and about 25 hours of install time...yeah maybe closer to $7000 when it's done. Maybe I'll use the last $3K to paint the stripes! ;-)

Yeah I've seen that before. I guess it's not a bad deal for what you get, but I can tell you from experience that you will not be happy lol. You will want more. See your other thread where I posted.

Yeah I've seen that before. I guess it's not a bad deal for what you get, but I can tell you from experience that you will not be happy lol. You will want more. See your other thread where I posted.

I know...I know... lol

Might keep me alive though! ;-)

OMG, anyone will justify anything if they want it bad enough, just ask your girlfriend!

In ending: Good job Jeff in over-the-top-selling of the GTS, very very good. But Android @ $399 on the high end vs Shelby GTS @ $70K, remember apples with apples. ;)

We love our Shelby Mustangs!!

Swede, I don't understand the personal attacks, nor do I understand the $70K you keep

throwing around (we are not comparing it to the GT-350). Jeff gave you apples-to-apples

comparisons for about $45K. That's a legitimate scenario.

Jeff, as for my thoughts about your choices, bang for the buck, I would be hard pressed

to pass up the Boss if I had to make a decision today. I love both Boss and Shelby Mustangs

equally well due to their racing history. Glad I don't have that quandry right now. Now if

I could keep the SGT and had $45K lying around along with another garage space the choice

would be easy.

-Tom

. Now if I could keep the SGT and had $45K lying around along with another garage space the choice

would be easy.

I am keeping my Whipplefied SGT and adding the GB 302 only because I am putting $5,000 down and financing the rest......looks like another 5 years of payments. I have a 4 post lift so I have the space otherwise that would be a barrier as well. Just have to get the seal replaced in my lift so it doesn't leak all over whichever ride is on the bottom.

I took a ton a photos of the 2012 GTS that was at Tulsa last year I will find them and upload them to this thread. The GTS will be another car like the Terlingua where when its too late everybody will wish that they had one converted......I really wish I had bought a Terlingua when I had a chance.

OMG, anyone will justify anything if they want it bad enough, just ask your girlfriend!

In ending: Good job Jeff in over-the-top-selling of the GTS, very very good. But Android @ $399 on the high end vs Shelby GTS @ $70K, remember apples with apples. ;)

Hey...didn't say it would make sense...it's sorta ilke Chewbaka (sp?)...I mean what is an 8 foot Wookie doing living with a bunch of 4 foot Ewoks?

It just makes no sense!

Swede, I don't understand the personal attacks, nor do I understand the $70K you keep

throwing around (we are not comparing it to the GT-350). Jeff gave you apples-to-apples

comparisons for about $45K. That's a legitimate scenario.

Jeff, as for my thoughts about your choices, bang for the buck, I would be hard pressed

to pass up the Boss if I had to make a decision today. I love both Boss and Shelby Mustangs

equally well due to their racing history. Glad I don't have that quandry right now. Now if

I could keep the SGT and had $45K lying around along with another garage space the choice

would be easy.

-Tom

Agreed...I think I'm beginning to understand people like Jay Leno...when you have the money, and the space, I'm sure you do just that and keep buying! Must be nice!

You know it just hit me! Maybe my wanting the GTS doesn't make financial or performance sense...maybe it's purely emotional! I really do LOVE my SGT...we've been a lot of places, done a lot of things, we've been two vagabonds so to speak for four years now. Maybe I want to get something updated but fear loosing that connection and a white with silver stripe GTS I think will give me that connection to my Shelby roots? Maybe!

Hey...didn't say it would make sense...it's sorta ilke Chewbaka (sp?)...I mean what is an 8 foot Wookie doing living with a bunch of 4 foot Ewoks?

It just makes no sense!

hahahaha, now that's too funny

tpo96 - You have not been around here for that long, everybody here has an opinion and it is NOT a personal attack. We all voice our concerns, likes, dislikes and such...but the bottom line is it is your coin buy what you want.

Swede

tpo96 - You have not been around here for that long, everybody here has an opinion and it is NOT a personal attack. We all voice our concerns, likes, dislikes and such...but the bottom line is it is your coin buy what you want.

Swede

THAT we can agree about! :rockon:

I am keeping my Whipplefied SGT and adding the GB 302 only because I am putting $5,000 down and financing the rest......looks like another 5 years of payments. I have a 4 post lift so I have the space otherwise that would be a barrier as well. Just have to get the seal replaced in my lift so it doesn't leak all over whichever ride is on the bottom.

I took a ton a photos of the 2012 GTS that was at Tulsa last year I will find them and upload them to this thread. The GTS will be another car like the Terlingua where when its too late everybody will wish that they had one converted......I really wish I had bought a Terlingua when I had a chance.

I agree with the "I really wish I had" statement. The Terlingua and the GTS will fall into the one for me. :beerchug:

Archived