TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT 350

LR 01 Cobra

I agree if it's the 03/04 Cobra motor. But I have a feeling it is not! But I really don't know.

Tim

That would be smart & profitable on Ford's behalf. The motor would have already passed the durability issues & the chassis has already proven it can hold the POWER of the GT500. :yup:

This would allow them to go straight into production with minimal changes & maybe even spark a revolution with SHELBY's. :rockon:

Then & only then will they announce the pricing for the GT500 & the GT350 at the same time...How cool would that be? :D

What a way to make a come back Carroll! :happy feet:

I'm surprised nobody has seen any GT350 mules running around yet. On second thought, maybe some of what we've been seeing is GT350 mules. :shrug:

That's what I was thinking when Robert published that the Mules we were seeing running around with 4.6L were the GT350 Disguised as a GT500. :shrug:

Other than the motor,sway bars, springs, shocks & decals, I think they will be one in the same car. :yup:

GREAT FIND KEPFORDJ!

Things I noticed from the photo's (and I'm guessing based on the quality of the photos)

1. Their is a GT500 front air dam spliter

2. Their are Special Emblems on the front fenders

3. Their is a what appears to be OUR HOOD from the PROTO-TYPE Shelby on this car :shrug: (WTF)

4. California style Side Scoops in front of the rear wheels?

GREAT FIND KEPFORDJ!

Things I noticed from the photo's (and I'm guessing based on the quality of the photos)

1. Their is a GT500 front air dam spliter

2. Their are Special Emblems on the front fenders

3. Their is a what appears to be OUR HOOD from the PROTO-TYPE Shelby on this car :shrug: (WTF)

4. California style Side Scoops in front of the rear wheels?

It looks pretty sharp, but I've always liked the black and gold paint.

I spend waaaay to much time on the net. lol

But it appears to have a Mustang GT grille without the fogs.

I think this is what we are all looking at here.

post-3542-1144447374_thumb.jpg

I found this pic on another site.

The Hood Deifinately is the same as the SHELBY CS6 Concept.

Has the same Hood Pins las the CS6 concept

So it appears to be the Hertz Rent a Racer Program.

As for a us hoping for a GT350. It would be extremely easy to do.

Why blow a 4.6L V8 ? For the Extra HP of course. But here is a thought:

Step 1: Production of the GT500

Step 2: Leave everything the same as the GT500, but take of the supercharger.

you have a 5.4L V8 under the hood with lots of power.

Step 3: Change the Side stripes to say GT350 instead of GT500

Project COMPLETE

And Price of the GT350 would come in at 4 to 5K less than the GT500.

Sounds like an easy thing to do.

Hope Ford Listens.

Just my 2 cents :D

post-3542-1144447374_thumb.jpg

Is it clear that Ford built this car or Shelby?

If Shelby, I doubt you'll see a detuned GT500. I bet the Hertz car will have only a few more than 300HP, if any more at all. However, Mustang GT sales are slowing. So if this is a Ford production unit, it might be an a limited SE to push GT sales a bit and mollify some of the anger created by the GT500. I believe if Ford is to build it and very many of them, there would be more leaks, spy shots, etc.

Is it clear that Ford built this car or Shelby?

If Shelby, I doubt you'll see a detuned GT500. I bet the Hertz car will have only a few more than 300HP, if any more at all. However, Mustang GT sales are slowing. So if this is a Ford production unit, it might be an a limited SE to push GT sales a bit and mollify some of the anger created by the GT500. I believe if Ford is to build it and very many of them, there would be more leaks, spy shots, etc.

Not Sure who is building it.. there was an article on the chromepony website about it http://www.thechromepony.com/News-03-24-06.html, and the rumor is that this car will debut at the NY Auto Show.

I also checked Shelby Autos website to try and find any info. but they didn't have any info about this car.

I would think it is Shelby Autos that is doing this car. Just because it has the CS6 hood. They did mention on the Shelby Autos site that they have lots of projects in the works that they can not discuss right now...

Its a cool lookin Car !!!

I'm at a loss for words.

EDIT: Thought of some. Five Oh, start a list and put me down at #1 please.

I don't think we can buy these. The GT350 we can, but my understanding is that they are only building 200 Hertz editions to be rented through select Hertz dealers.

I don't think we can buy these. The GT350 we can, but my understanding is that they are only building 200 Hertz editions to be rented through select Hertz dealers.

you are probably right, but what do you think happens to these cars once they have put 30K miles

on them?

Hertz will probably keep a few of them... but I am sure they will sell off the rest of them once they are done with them. Sell them Back to FORD and then into the hands of a wanting customer a yr or two from now. :-)

Damn!

Hey OwenKelly, can you start a list and put me down at #1 please? :hysterical:

For those that don't know, OwenKelly is in the car rental business. I'll just rent the car for a few years.

If Shelby should build this car - white w/blue stripes like the 65 & 66's and autograph the glovebox for $32-$35K - the company would sell a ton to old guys like me who as a teen/20-something wanted the original. I suspect some of the GT500 crowd would be interested too. Jjump the HP say 25 and improve the handling and I would rather have the GT350 than the 500. The latter is a production car; it's going to travel down the same production line as the V6 Mustang.

My only condition would be the option to delete the that Pep Boys rear wing. Can't believe the Hertz car has it.

Damn!

Hey OwenKelly, can you start a list and put me down at #1 please? :hysterical:

For those that don't know, OwenKelly is in the car rental business. I'll just rent the car for a few years.

I wish I could! However I'm with Thrifty not Hertz. I could check around and see if there are any CSX-T Shadows laying around anywhere! Actually, the GT350H may be reason enough for me to jump ship and go bug the Hertz guys for a job! I hope my partners don't read this forum!

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived