TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where can I get one of these??

Can anyone please tell me if and where I can get a replacement for the oval tab insert thing shown in this pic? It is to the right of the shifter. Thanks!

I do not think that you are able to buy that part alone, so maybe a bone yard, I am also looking for a traction contol clip to purchase as my GT-H did not come with one.

I do not think that you are able to buy that part alone, so maybe a bone yard, I am also looking for a traction contol clip to purchase as my GT-H did not come with one.

Thanks......by the way, you wanna replace the traction control clip? most people want to remove it. I see you're point though for originality sake.

If you are refering to the park lock over ride cover .... the silver oval shaped cover, it is availible from your Ford dealer as a separate service part.

When I bought #397 is was missing this cover. I bought one from my local Ford dealer parts department. I rember being "impressed" as to how much it cost. I think it was around $7.

Thanks......by the way, you wanna replace the traction control clip? most people want to remove it. I see you're point though for originality sake.

If anyone has an extra or is willing to sell theirs let me know.

Thanks

Thats not to bad .... I would pay that for a clip for the traction control.

Larry,

I'm pretty sure they are just talking about the silver park lockout cover on the shifter.

The traction control clip is not available to my knowledge, but it is simply a bent paper clip. You should be able to reproduce that pretty quickly. If you get the heavier 1 3/4" paper clip, the two bumps on the two sides of the item you see above are made by the ends, then if you bend out the side and then cut off the ends, it is the exact piece.

Heck I sill have my clip behind my traction control button. One day I'll get around to taking it out, then Larry and I will copy it. Yes indeed...........we will reek havoc on the world and copy "the traction control clip" .:D

QSS

Havoc all over a clip .... but doesnt make me want one any less.

Archived