TEAM SHELBY FORUM

One Year Ago Today

BadTony

I just realized it has been a year to the day since I received my 'order confirmation' and the order books were opened (actually on the 13th) for the the first round of GT500's. I was fortunate enough to get my order in on day 1. Being that my dealer was not the largest high volume dealer in the country, I played a 6 1/2 mo. waiting game to get my car.

Has 6 months been the average wait? For those who ordered your Shelby, what was your experience? Did paying an ADM make the process go any faster?

I just realized it has been a year to the day since the order books were opened for the the first round of GT500's. I was fortunate enough to get my order in on day 1. Being that my dealer was not the largest high volume dealer in the country, I played a 6 1/2 mo. waiting game to get my car.

Has 6 months been the average wait? For those who ordered your Shelby, what was your experience? Did paying an ADM make the process go any faster?

I ordered mine from a dealer who was getting 1. Order placed on Oct 13th. Order delivered last Thursday March 8th. 5 days short of 5 months is what mine took. The ADM did not make any difference.

I just realized it has been a year to the day since the order books were opened for the the first round of GT500's. I was fortunate enough to get my order in on day 1. Being that my dealer was not the largest high volume dealer in the country, I played a 6 1/2 mo. waiting game to get my car.

I ordered mine on 03/14/06 and received her on 11/14/06.

I used fords one time price quote to two dealers in two different states 1st one on sept.1, 06 and then the2nd dealer on the sept.26, 06 I went with the 2nd because of the quicker response and the way they treated me. I made the deal over email and phone and picked mine up on Oct. 26, 06. They offered me to bid at one time , but they already sold their 2nd alotted one for the year and there were other interested parties. One supposedly offered a cash payment after I already payed my down payment. Sorry to say ADM made a difference because I payed it , didn't want any more hassle's back and forth with bidding etc. ( the last dealer did that, oh, I asked for price quotes from at least 2 other dealers in 2 other states with no response) and I am NOT disappointed. I had my car home for my birthday !!

The order bank was actually open on 3/13/06. My order was placed about noon on that day. Builds started 6/6.....mine was built 6/26....then the dreaded 4th of July break where it sat waiting for stripes!!!! Delivered 8/5/06. So, Almost 5 months.

bj

I ordered the first day and received early December. About 9 months.

Originally talked to dealer in August 2005 for the next Cobra coming out...so 16 months. :banghead:

Mine's a bit tricky....I made the downpayment with my dealer on the first day, but told him not to submit the order until I got to look at the colors. My official order was then sent to Ford sometime in mid May. I got my car on January 3rd...2007. 218 miles and counting.

WOW.......I called my Dealer buddy and put a deposit of $2500 down in 5-27-2005 and I didnt get the car till 12-1-2006. The first out of the hole full throttle made me kind of forget the

longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg wait.

post-3364-1174065522_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1174065522_thumb.jpg

Is there any way to order an 08 that will be built and delivered this summer?

Not asking about the adm or lack there of, just if dealers would know when it would come in and could they guarentee it?

thanks

Anotherwords I want to know if I should look to order an 08 or just find an 07 for the right price

A year ago today I started calling dealers in six or seven different states; most didn't have a clue, but eventually I found one in N. Wy that was a class act; I got their only 2007, relatively small ADM (5k), ordered on the 22nd Mar. I think, delivered Nov. 3, 2006. It's everything I'd hoped for and more!

CC

Placed Order March 27, 2006. Received VIN 340 days later. Still haven't received a build date.

This means no one with a 6 month wait is allowed to b!tch. :hysterical:

Placed order Aug 29, 2006 Received VIN 186 Days later on March 2, 2007. :censored:

I got a build Date of Week of March 19th. Can I b!tch now? :hysterical2:

You should have a build Date by now. :wacko:

Placed order Aug 29, 2006 Received VIN 186 Days later on March 2, 2007. :censored:

I got a build Date of Week of March 19th. Can I b!tch now? :hysterical2:

You should have a build Date by now. :wacko:

I just called Ford customer service, and they gave me a build date of week of March 26th. :happy feet:

The order bank was actually open on 3/13/06. My order was placed about noon on that day. Builds started 6/6.....mine was built 6/26....then the dreaded 4th of July break where it sat waiting for stripes!!!! Delivered 8/5/06. So, Almost 5 months.

bj

you are right, I had the wrong day quoted earlier

but I did have my order in on day one though...

I just called Ford customer service, and they gave me a build date of week of March 26th. :happy feet:

Yeah, but is it for your car?

Sorry! Had to do it. :redcard:

bj

Is there any way to order an 08 that will be built and delivered this summer?

Not asking about the adm or lack there of, just if dealers would know when it would come in and could they guarentee it?

thanks

Anotherwords I want to know if I should look to order an 08 or just find an 07 for the right price

Order both & the one that comes in you pay for. This way your sure to get one.

Rpretzel,the day when you finally get your car we will declare it a national "Ford" holiday ! :yahoo:

I'd heard GM was buying Ford on the 25th.

:hysterical2:

bj

Closed the deal on May 23, 2006... pending final pricing from Ford. Ordered the car on 6/21. Order was pulled in the first allotment drawing for small zone Z dealers early Sept... car built Oct 4... arrived at dealer 10/24/06. Almost 4 months to the day. Small ADM... the dealer's fee to get in the program. Along with the car I got all the materials, posters, showroom books etc from Ford dealing with the car.

Closed the deal on May 23, 2006... pending final pricing from Ford. Ordered the car on 6/21. Order was pulled in the first allotment drawing for small zone Z dealers early Sept... car built Oct 4... arrived at dealer 10/24/06. Almost 4 months to the day. Small ADM... the dealer's fee to get in the program. Along with the car I got all the materials, posters, showroom books etc from Ford dealing with the car.

All the stuff. :banana piano:

Some benefits to a small dealer. :hyper:

Placed Order March 27, 2006. Received VIN 340 days later. Still haven't received a build date.

This means no one with a 6 month wait is allowed to b!tch. :hysterical:

W.T.F.

Why is it taking so long???

Alan

Well, I'm trying not to get too excited. I'm in "I'll believe it when I see it" mode right now. Getting a "build week" from customer service doesn't always mean it's going to happen that way. Time will tell.

Usually after getting a vin# a build follows a couple days after. Hang In there `rpretzel Grabber has his yours is coming.

Archived