TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Installation Instructions for EradiSpeed-PLUS-TWO Brakes

I have the rear EradiSpeed-PLUS-TWO brakes that came off of my SuperSnake when I upgraded the rear brakes to the Shelby Extremes. I would like to install the EradiSpeed-PLUS-TWO brakes on the rear of my other mustang that has upgraded front brakes. Does anyone happen to have a set of instructions for installing the EradiSpeed-PLUS-TWO brakes or can point me to a place they are posted. I've looked around the web and had no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

GT

Thanks!

GT

I can't post the scans here. Give me an email and I will send the files.

It is really a simple job. Just remove the caliper and tie it off. Do not disconnect hoses or e brake.

remove rotors. Install bracket with supplied bolts and washers.Tourque to 85 ft lbs. The washers prevent the bolts from going too deep and making contact with the new rotors.

Install rotor in proper location and secure with one lug nut hand tight.

Install callipers. Done

• 6 months later...

I just found this in a search. I want to buy these Baer 14" Eradispeeds For my 2011 GT

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/product/B2262019/2005-2012-Mustang-GT--GT500-Baer-EradiSpeed-Plus-2-Rear-Rotors.html

It looks like you had an easy time. How much time would say it takes to install these on there rear?

How difficult was it to relocate the bracket for the stock caliper to accommodate the new rotor?

Thanks

RC

It looks like you had an easy time. How much time would say it takes to install these on there rear?

How difficult was it to relocate the bracket for the stock caliper to accommodate the new rotor?

You'll spend more time jacking up the car, putting it on stands and removing the wheels than you will changing the rotors and relocating the calipers.

1. Unscrew the caliper slide-pins from the brackets and remove the caliper.

2. Unbolt the OE brackets from the rear axle

3. Slide off the old rotors and install the new ones.

4. Bolt on the relocation brackets then bolt the caliper brackets to the relocation brackets.

5. Place the calipers back on, install the two slide-pins and you're done.

You may or may not have to screw the pistons into the calipers, if the OE rotors are thinner than the Baer rotors. I had to put about 2 turns on each of my caliper pistons then use a C-clamp to compress the piston a tad. Applying the parking brake several times takes up any slack in case you screw them in too far.

Put the wheels back on, set the car back down and depress the brake pedal a few times to push the caliper pistons back to their natural position (and apply park brake a few times, as I said above).

That's it. You're done. It's THAT easy.

Phill

Archived