TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any advantages?

what are the differences between a 1966 shelby gt350 and a 1968 gt350? which is better for a daily driver?

Performance wise, the 1966. Comfort wise, the 1968.

Production wise, the 1968 is rarer. On the other hand the 1966 was built by Shelby in Los Angeles while the 1968 was buit by a Ford contractor, A.O. Smith, in Michigan.

As a daily driver I would prefer the more comfortable 1968 model but you can not deny the ultra cool factor of the 1965-66 cars.

Lets see what others have to say.

Steve

To me the 66 was made to go fast, if it didn't need it, it wasn't there. By 68, to me, it became a luxury car ( kinda like a cougar of the time). To me sometimes less is better. Also the 65-66 mustang is considerably smaller than the 67-68. I would love to have either, but for me it would be a no brainer to go the 66.

Are you serious about a daily driver? Curious as to why you would want to drive a car like this as a daily driver.

id want it as a daily driver because i think cars no matter the price are made to be driven. and i am torn between the two. and this will be most likely my final car purchase so i might as well get my favorite car.

No. There just way to pricey where I can't keep buying them not final car but final toy car.

Its probably my last toy car because my garage is full. I should have built a bigger garage, 30x40 just wasnt enough.

The 66 has a better "wow" factor, but the 67/68 would be a better driver. I love my 66, but it is a bit archaic, hard brakes, tough steering going slow, loud, rides rough---but I love it. Then again my car is a weekend car, so no big deal. Good luck.

so i totally messed up i meant ot put 1967 gt350 sorry

if it makes a difference

Here are my thoughts. I own a 65 Tribute as a daily driver, so you can figure out my answer is already. I agree that it is a car and is made to be driven. It is also my only car, unless I count my wife's mini van. I would not want it any other way. The 65-66 are more of a race car, but can be modded to be more friendly as a daily driver. A 67 had more creature comforts from the factory and has more of the Shelby glamor when compared to the 65-66 models. Plus I think in the event of an accident or repair work, 65-66 parts cost less and are plentyful when compared to 67 Shelby parts. If you have a few cars to drive, than I suggest getting a 65-66, especially a real Shelby while the're still around. You can also put aside original parts on a real 65-66 Shelby for some modern bolt ons and enjoy driving it. And yes, you can do that to a real Shelby. I am possitive you cannot hurt the value of it. Check out youtube on Jay Leno's 350, he drives his. Like he said in a magazine issue, "you drive a car till it is down to 15%,than fix it up to 100%". People think it is crazy to drive one on the streets, but those are just opinions. In my opinion, I think it is crazy and a waste to have a car just sit around. If I could own a real Shelby, I would drive it every day. Hey, we only get one goaround on this earth, so why not enjoy!

Personally, I'd be all over a 65-66 GT350 if I could afford one. I'd do some competition mods (R fascia, DOT slicks) and I'd drive the heck out of it! Like Dennis said, enjoy your car, life goes by quickly.

Also, I thought you already owned (or had) a 07 SGT? So, why not get the 65-66 GT350 for the 'toy' factor, and drive your 07 SGT everyday. To me, that's the best of both worlds, and a small dream if I may add.

Greg

Well here's the thing. My dad is the one buying the gt 350. I'm the spoiled 17 year old who owns the 07 SGT. Im rooting for him to get a 67 over 66 but he's not sure what he wants so that's why I made this thread. But today we went out to a car show and he saw some 66's and he just made his decision right then and there.

dannycarvegas.jpg

111d81b4.jpg

2f878ebf-1.jpg

shelby-4.jpg

top is me at shelby at this years bash.

second, in my dads garage. next to his nomad. third and fourth are just random pictures.

Nice ride... Take care of it, you may never get another one like it. I still have my 89 mustang gt from when I was 16, There are no cars like your first hot rod. Your car will be priceless to you in the future. TRUST ME......

Kris

Nice ride... Take care of it, you may never get another one like it. I still have my 89 mustang gt from when I was 16, There are no cars like your first hot rod. Your car will be priceless to you in the future. TRUST ME......

Kris

Ya this is and will forever be my baby!! And it always will be my first car too!

For a daily driver, no brainer, get the 1967 GT350 with softer ride, a/c and auto available, nicer seats. etc. For the attention, collectability value and performance the 1966 is way ahead based on comments mentioned by many before this reply. The consensus is evident at resale and auction values. For 1967, the demand is for the GT500. Rareity is not the key here. Heck, a six cyl, 3 speed, bench seat Mustang coupe is rare today, but there is no demand so no great value.

Bottom line is go to shows and look at what appeals to you. Try get a ride, not on the track, but around the streets, since you want a daily driver. Then get what you want and enjoy the ride. And tell us what you got and post some pics.

what are the differences between a 1966 shelby gt350 and a 1968 gt350? which is better for a daily driver?

Hey, where abouts in So. Cal do you live? Mabey we can meet up sometime. Even though my 65 is a clone, I can always let your dad test drive it to see what he thinks about the 1st gen. If he buys one by then, well, we can still hook up, and check out each others cars. Just a thought. As you can see typed under my avitar, I live in La Mirada, about 5 miles north of Knottsberry Farm near Beach Blvd. Let me know what you think.

Hey, where abouts in So. Cal do you live? Mabey we can meet up sometime. Even though my 65 is a clone, I can always let your dad test drive it to see what he thinks about the 1st gen. If he buys one by then, well, we can still hook up, and check out each others cars. Just a thought. As you can see typed under my avitar, I live in La Mirada, about 5 miles north of Knottsberry Farm near Beach Blvd. Let me know what you think.

ha hes had 2 66's before. he just maybe wanted to try a different one but hes trying to find a 66

ha hes had 2 66's before. he just maybe wanted to try a different one but hes trying to find a 66

Gotchya. Well,letme know if you guys want to meet up on a weekend for lunch or to hangout, B.S.about cars.

Archived