TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why? Is there any rationale for this kind of behavior?

thewheelman

I'm clueless! Somebody's got WAY too much time on their hands.....and money in their pockets to be able to do this!

http://realperformancemustangs.com/general-mustang-related-discussion/chustang-ford-mustang-turned-into-dodge-charger-convertible/msg21261/?topicseen#new

Guys, wait. You're missing one important thing. This owner obviously wanted his car to look like a Dodge, but also wanted it to run correctly, so he used the Ford as a base for the project. LOL. As ugly as it is, it's a testament to the Ford build quality.

Charger+Mustang_1.jpg

Guys, wait. You're missing one important thing. This owner obviously wanted his car to look like a Dodge, but also wanted it to run correctly, so he used the Ford as a base for the project. LOL. As ugly as it is, it's a testament to the Ford build quality.

Charger+Mustang_1.jpg

He wanted a slipping clutch? :headscratch:

:hysterical:

That thing is just all sorts of wrong.

Personally.....I like it and think the builder is very talented. He used a 1999 or 2000 model Mustang and should have moved the Rear Spoiler back just under 3 inches.

I'm clueless! Somebody's got WAY too much time on their hands.....and money in their pockets to be able to do this!

http://realperforman.../?topicseen#new

As I always say like to be different and stand out in a crowd all yellow shirt (quoted chuck Norris ) I also see great craftsmanship how many on here can put that together. We should all wear the same clothes. Just like when I do work to my car in looks my neighbors say you ruined your car then when we go to a car show and get thumbs up from other car guys.

I should be done with my paint job and interior today we will see who will be the first basher or tell me I have no clue how to do anything on a car. Plus I'm working with a big handicap since my meds have been upped. My vision to focus and my hands shake more working on anything I demand perfection I redid my stripes 3x's in color change and last time wasn't happy layed down

I hear what you're saying RacerX009. At car shows I always hear people pointing out the flaws in other people's cars. And sometimes it is over the weirdest things too, such as the wrong type of battery connectors. But I also hear people being really supportive even if they don't agree on the philosophy behind a modification. Although I personally wouldn't consider combining a charger and mustang I will admit that the level of craftmanship and attention to detail is phenominal. Plus the juxtaposition of the smooth, curved front charger clip and sharp angular lines of the mustang body is certainly an 'artistic' statement. :D

It's not to my taste but I can admire the vision, ability and workmanship that went into making it - the world would truly be a boring place if we all thought the same way.

It's not to my taste but I can admire the vision, ability and workmanship that went into making it - the world would truly be a boring place if we all thought the same way.

I went to a car show last night this guy had a new vette with a wild body kit I didn't take a pic of it but it was a full body change. It wasn't bad . I can never leave something stock even my tractor put stick on flames. My friends would say so what does your new car look like now !! The 1st is the wheels and the rest follows. Wait till you see what my shelby looks like :hysterical:

My brain just flashed about a guy in catskills NY who took a crown vic and took several different body parts from cars from the 60's. He sold the car to a collector and the collector is from CA. He entered the car is some big car show of the year and invited the builder to the show the car won and the collector made the builder accept the trophy. I can't remember where I got the story from but it was true. I will have to try and track it down he owns a antique shop.

I did see a fail job on a AMX that someone jammed a 73 javalen nose on it

Well, perhaps he used cars that were salvaged.

Either way, what he did took talent even though most here do not like the looks of it.

I say a lot of talent will have to track down that car I wrote about.

Archived