TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Slipping Clutch

My clutch started to slip on my 2009 GT500 with a build date of 11-13-2008.

Bring the car to my dealer. They say the clutch is simply worn out and is not covered by the warranty.. I've been driving Mustangs for 20 years and never had a clutch issue.

They say a new clutch is $3000 .

My case is almost identical to Texastinlegs. He had his clutch replaced under warranty.

I just called Ford Customer Service (in Canada) and I expecting a call back

Wish me Good luck Guys!

My clutch started to slip on my 2009 GT500 with a build date of 11-13-2008.

Bring the car to my dealer. They say the clutch is simply worn out and is not covered by the warranty.. I've been driving Mustangs for 20 years and never had a clutch issue.

They say a new clutch is $3000 .

My case is almost identical to Texastinlegs. He had his clutch replaced under warranty.

I just called Ford Customer Service (in Canada) and I expecting a call back

Wish me Good luck Guys!

Just got a Call from the Service manager ... :unsure:

They will cover the work under the warranty .... :happy feet:

My dealer is Chartrand Ford in Laval, Quebec. Thanks guys. :beerchug: You just kept an happy customer for many more years. :banvictory:

Also thank to Ford Canada Customer services. They were of a great help in solving this issue. :mademyday:

• 1 month later...

my clutch just went , off to ford dealer, out of warrenty, for 6 months, waiting for call back , they say they should be able to help me out, but to what extent, don,t no if i want, factory or a spec super twin p trim1400 foot pound,s , any idea,s

my clutch just went , off to ford dealer, out of warrenty, for 6 months, waiting for call back , they say they should be able to help me out, but to what extent, don,t no if i want, factory or a spec super twin p trim1400 foot pound,s , any idea,s

Same here Going to the dealer now to get the transmission expert to look...

• 2 weeks later...

Went to dealer again today after they did 'research' on my clutch slipping issue.

They said should be about 3 days to replace the clutch and flywheel.

When I got there They said about 3500 to 4000 bucks.

I told them I noticed it slipping at 15,000 miles but thought it might me the tires breaking loose

I really noticed the slip in 4rth gear at 20,000 miles.

They told me it isn't under warranty anymore,

I read them the "what to tell the service manager sheet", the latest tsb rev 4, along with telling hm I am still on the first set of tires and brake pads.

That I can drive a standard better than anyone in their shop. That I got 200k out of a clutch in a ford 86 Ranger with occasional bass boat towing.

They said they would like to help seeing I bought the lemon from them and bought the extended service plan and all.

I am allowing them to take it down and look at it and the service manager said he would look at it and get with Ford and see if they would help. $400.

I told him I didn't have 4 grand replace the clutch and flywheel and that if they weren't going to fix it right never mind, I would fix it myself with what should be in the car.

15,000 miles on a clutch no matter what, I call bullshit.

• 1 month later...

Hi.My first post here.I also began experiencing the slipping clutch last week.Wont hold anything over 2000 rpm.Car is a 2009,'good' build date,20,000 miles(of which 6500 are long highway vac. trips)Dealer performed 'clutch stall test' and found no problem?Going back today to hopefully talk to the gm.wish me luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Well,dealer confirmed bad clutch.Ordered parts from latest tsb.They just got to work on it today.went in to have a look;input shaft looks a little dry,could not really tell how much wear on friction material not having anything to compare to.A fair amount of wear into the flywheel,plus the flywheel has "spotty",bluish marks around the wear area.Also,when looking at the pressure plate/discs assembly,are the discs attatched to the pressure plate somehow?I always thought they wers seperate pieces.Can anyone comment on what i have described here?Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to dealer again today after they did 'research' on my clutch slipping issue.

They said should be about 3 days to replace the clutch and flywheel.

When I got there They said about 3500 to 4000 bucks.

I told them I noticed it slipping at 15,000 miles but thought it might me the tires breaking loose

I really noticed the slip in 4rth gear at 20,000 miles.

They told me it isn't under warranty anymore,

I read them the "what to tell the service manager sheet", the latest tsb rev 4, along with telling hm I am still on the first set of tires and brake pads.

That I can drive a standard better than anyone in their shop. That I got 200k out of a clutch in a ford 86 Ranger with occasional bass boat towing.

They said they would like to help seeing I bought the lemon from them and bought the extended service plan and all.

I am allowing them to take it down and look at it and the service manager said he would look at it and get with Ford and see if they would help. $400.

I told him I didn't have 4 grand replace the clutch and flywheel and that if they weren't going to fix it right never mind, I would fix it myself with what should be in the car.

15,000 miles on a clutch no matter what, I call bullshit.

Could you please advise where to find the "what to tell the service manager sheet" so I can print it out also? Currently dealing with the same issue on my 08 vert, and dealer is telling me to pound sand! Thanks!

Archived