TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT With Flush Window Louvers?

Thanks for that! I'm still not sure how I feel about it though...

If anybody else has pics as well, please post them up.

Here are mine, from the outside......

139-1.jpg

..and how they look from the inside.

LeftSideRollbar.jpg

Does anybody have pics of an SGT with the SHR flush mounted quarter window louvers? I love the look of these and have played with the idea of doing this some time down the road, I just don't know if I'd like the look on an SGT. Thanks!

2088 Vista Blue with agent 47 mirrors and shr window louvrespost-20198-0-68283300-1304906196_thumb.jpg

post-20198-0-68283300-1304906196_thumb.jpg

Even though mine is NOT a real SGT, I've had the SHR Flush Mount Louvers on my car for quite sometime. I bought my pre-painted, which match really well. (SEE PIC IN MY SIGNATURE) I could not find a glass shop who was willing to do this. One said they could tape the glass and break it with a hammer. Not an option for me, so I decided to install them myself.

IF you do it yourself, take your time. I used piano wire and two wooden dole rods as handles. You remove the interior quarter panels, the rear seat and upper trim around the doors. It really isn't that hard to remove these parts. Run tape along the body around the quarter windows so not to scratch the body. There are three hard plastic pins, about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick, that hold the quarter window glass. (IF you see the quarter glass as a triangle, the plastic pins are basically at each corner of the triangle) They will be the hardest things you will saw through with the piano wire. The rest of the weather stripping seal is fairly easy. The first one took me about an hour to cut out, the second one, once I figured it out, took me about 30 minutes. Leave some of the old sealant when you apply the new sealant. NAPA sold me the wrong stuff, which never hardened and they fell out, so I ended up taking my car to Glass Doctor in Raleigh, NC and they installed the SHR Louvers for $60.

The do look great! I've had ton of people ask me where I got them. I allowed them to sit in the driver seat so they could get an idea of who it looked from inside the car.

Even though mine is NOT a real SGT, I've had the SHR Flush Mount Louvers on my car for quite sometime. I bought my pre-painted, which match really well. (SEE PIC IN MY SIGNATURE) I could not find a glass shop who was willing to do this. One said they could tape the glass and break it with a hammer. Not an option for me, so I decided to install them myself.

IF you do it yourself, take your time. I used piano wire and two wooden dole rods as handles. You remove the interior quarter panels, the rear seat and upper trim around the doors. It really isn't that hard to remove these parts. Run tape along the body around the quarter windows so not to scratch the body. There are three hard plastic pins, about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick, that hold the quarter window glass. (IF you see the quarter glass as a triangle, the plastic pins are basically at each corner of the triangle) They will be the hardest things you will saw through with the piano wire. The rest of the weather stripping seal is fairly easy. The first one took me about an hour to cut out, the second one, once I figured it out, took me about 30 minutes. Leave some of the old sealant when you apply the new sealant. NAPA sold me the wrong stuff, which never hardened and they fell out, so I ended up taking my car to Glass Doctor in Raleigh, NC and they installed the SHR Louvers for $60.

The do look great! I've had ton of people ask me where I got them. I allowed them to sit in the driver seat so they could get an idea of who it looked from inside the car.

I absolutely love your car! I'd love to do the same thing someday only with a windveil blue car for my Dad.

Thanks for all the pics everyone! I love those scoops, but with the spoiler that's on mine I think it'd be a lil too much for my taste... we'll see.

Kryponite, you make me laugh sometimes. You don't have to specify that your's isn't 'real' with every post. :). It's a real car ain't it?

Anyway, the flush louvers look great! I am strongly considering them also.

Habit I guess...... :hysterical:

Glad to post my last year pictures on my White SGT. Not showing new wheels till I get the center caps on.

Louver1.JPG

Louvered2.JPG

Certainly glad I did them.

DrKSGT

Louver1.JPG

Louvered2.JPG

• 4 months later...

i used them

dealer installed them. i think they blow any qtr covers away. gives it a nice oem look and my dealer was able to preserve the original glass for me to retain.

make sure whomever installs them has some exp painting them. my dealer had some trouble and i had to get SHR to actually talk to the tech at the dealership and tell him what he did wrong the first time. they then had to paint them twice. but, they did come out perfect in the end. ill post pics someday.

i used them

dealer installed them. i think they blow any qtr covers away. gives it a nice oem look and my dealer was able to preserve the original glass for me to retain.

make sure whomever installs them has some exp painting them. my dealer had some trouble and i had to get SHR to actually talk to the tech at the dealership and tell him what he did wrong the first time. they then had to paint them twice. but, they did come out perfect in the end. ill post pics someday.

Agree on finding someone with paint expertise. MRT that painted mine had me bring the car over to compare to some master plaques they had painted. They commented that they have seen some variation in white cars they have worked on.

Other thing is to make sure to let the adhesive set 24 hours. The stuff is ugly to work with. Drove my car a little too soon and got a little aerodynamic squeeze action that hs the black show.

Newest pictures with my wheels.

Side View.JPG

Side View.JPG

Archived