TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Getting a 2012 Shelby

Just made the deal for my 2010 Shelby today and ordered a new 2012 Shelby. Its also going to be a vert with the electronic pkg and the svtpp pkg. The only colors that will work ok in the summer heat here is a metallic color so I m getting the Ingot Silver with the red stripping. Sat in a Shelby today that had the Recaro Seats in it and they sure are not too comfortable. Glad I went with the standard seats. Was told it would be 8-10 weeks to get it in. My job for the first year that I had my 2010 was putting on average of 100 miles a day and the miliage was adding up the I have now 32000 on it. I work now only 10 miles away so I won't be putting alot of miles on the new one. Did get $41,000 for trade-in on it so only out for now about 21k. I'll post the pic's when I receive the new one. I still get to drive my old one. Just going to have to unmod all the mods that I put on it and start all over again.

Still waiting. Bought is from a stock order on 3/11/11 and still waiting. Heard today that they had moved the ETA to 5/12/11. Awaiting shipping they say. Does anyone know when they give you a history printout what that the ETA means?? Is that when It's suppose to be shipped or delivered to the dealer? It's been since 2/7/11 when the dealer placed the order. Does anyone have a guess when it will make it to Spokane, WA??

I'm an A type and just hate to wait. I made the mistake of using my policy of buy in you home town. I should have shopped all the dealers and found the one I wanted.

Still waiting. Bought is from a stock order on 3/11/11 and still waiting. Heard today that they had moved the ETA to 5/12/11. Awaiting shipping they say. Does anyone know when they give you a history printout what that the ETA means?? Is that when It's suppose to be shipped or delivered to the dealer? It's been since 2/7/11 when the dealer placed the order. Does anyone have a guess when it will make it to Spokane, WA??

I'm an A type and just hate to wait. I made the mistake of using my policy of buy in you home town. I should have shopped all the dealers and found the one I wanted.

When they said shipped mine it took almost 3wks to get it. First went on rail then had to sit for the semi to get full then delivered. Your best bet is wait for the ship date then add 3wks.

When they said shipped mine it took almost 3wks to get it. First went on rail then had to sit for the semi to get full then delivered. Your best bet is wait for the ship date then add 3wks.

They gave me an update yesterday. ETA is suppose to be 12 May 11. I don't have much faith in the ETAs that they give. Seems that they just pull a date up of the air and post it. I have a little birdie checking to see if it has been loaded on the rail yet.

Just made the deal for my 2010 Shelby today and ordered a new 2012 Shelby. Its also going to be a vert with the electronic pkg and the svtpp pkg. The only colors that will work ok in the summer heat here is a metallic color so I m getting the Ingot Silver with the red stripping. Sat in a Shelby today that had the Recaro Seats in it and they sure are not too comfortable. Glad I went with the standard seats. Was told it would be 8-10 weeks to get it in. My job for the first year that I had my 2010 was putting on average of 100 miles a day and the miliage was adding up the I have now 32000 on it. I work now only 10 miles away so I won't be putting alot of miles on the new one. Did get $41,000 for trade-in on it so only out for now about 21k. I'll post the pic's when I receive the new one. I still get to drive my old one. Just going to have to unmod all the mods that I put on it and start all over again.

Congrats on getting your order in. Hope you're right about the 8-10 weeks. It's been 5 weeks for me and I have zero info from my dealer. banghead.gif Good call on the seats, though. I went with the standard seats as well. Best wishes in keeping yourself distracted during what may seem like an eternal wait!! wacko.gif

I'm almost ready to cancel my order, get my Camaro back and go some place else. I'm not sure what's wrong with Ford, but they sure know how to piss someone off. Guess it's just the part where I could have done better that makes me regret the deal.

Went ahead and decided to get the black stripes with the silver. Had to cancell the SVT package and probably be happy about it in the long run. I don't take it to the track so really don't need the SVT pkg. Im saving over 4000.00 so now I can pay off the whole car when it comes in. All of you have to be patience when waiting on your new Shelby. When it gets here you won't be sorry and the wait will be well worth it. When I got my 2010, it was ordered the first part of Feb 2009 and didn't get here until the end of Jun and that wait killed me waiting for it. Took off my Roush muffer deletes today and put the stock exhaust back on and it sounds so low and there is no growl in my Shelby anymore. Im keeping them so that if the 2012 don't have that good growl I will be putting them on it. I have unmodded all the mods that I can do so I'll be doing the waiting game now. At least Im still driving a Shelby.

Congrats on the new car Jsdeweyusmc! That's cool. And I'm sure that's going to be a tremendous feeling walking in there and paying off the entire car that day! GOOD STUFF!

I'm going to keep my 2010 for about a year more. I'm going to hold off to see what the 2013's will look like - I heard that there are minor cosmetic changes. Another variable for me is the color. I definitely want another Grabber Blue car - only with no stripes this time. Hopefully Ford doesn't eliminate Grabber Blue like they did with the grey this year. If the 2013's don't do it for me...I'll probably search for a used 2011 or 2012.

I'm almost ready to cancel my order, get my Camaro back and go some place else. I'm not sure what's wrong with Ford, but they sure know how to piss someone off. Guess it's just the part where I could have done better that makes me regret the deal.

All of you have to be patience when waiting on your new Shelby. When it gets here you won't be sorry and the wait will be well worth it. When I got my 2010, it was ordered the first part of Feb 2009 and didn't get here until the end of Jun and that wait killed me waiting for it.

For sure...there are no written in stone dates on delivery with ordering a car - it's not like going through the drive-thru and getting your meal in one minute and going on your way. If someone wants a car "yesterday" - you better get a car that's on the lot. If I do order a car next year...I will just relax and wait for it. It's not life or death...it's just a car.

Congratulations on the sale and new purchase. Two weeks ago I sold my Saleen SC convertible ...a week later I bought a 2012 GT500, black, stripe delete, SVTPP, nav and Recaros...exactly as I wanted it on the showroom floor. Dealer went $2500 below msrp. What an unbelieveable car! It's a beast and handles so much better than my Saleen. There's just no comparison!

DSC_9594.jpg

DSC_9598.jpg

DSC_9590.jpg

DSC_9589.jpg

Two weeks ago I sold my Saleen SC convertible ...a week later I bought a 2012 GT500, black, stripe delete, SVTPP, nav and Recaros...exactly as I wanted it on the showroom floor. Dealer went $2500 below msrp. What an unbelieveable car! It's a beast and handles so much better than my Saleen. There's just no comparison!

Love that front end picture of your car. These cars look so good from that angle. Very interesting to hear your comments on the Saleen vs. Shelby. I personally would take a Shelby over a Saleen or Roush any day.

Enjoy that car!

Had to cancell the SVT package and probably be happy about it in the long run. I don't take it to the track so really don't need the SVT pkg. Im saving over 4000.00 so now I can pay off the whole car when it comes in. All of you have to be patience when waiting on your new Shelby. When it gets here you won't be sorry and the wait will be well worth it. When I got my 2010, it was ordered the first part of Feb 2009 and didn't get here until the end of Jun and that wait killed me waiting for it.

Well, after test driving one with the SVTPP, my sense was that I'd get tired of the harsher ride, so I too ordered without the SVT package. Plus, like you said, I'm saving $4K. I think in the long run I'll be happier when cruising. Plus, I'll always have the option for mods later if I want to change the handling.

Appreciate your encouragement about waiting. It seems like forever. Finally got movement on my order today: my dealer showed me their "DORA"... Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement. Getting this info made my day. happy%20feet.gifAs I understand it, this means that the Regional Ford rep got the order officially into the system and it was accepted by at the Assembly Plant. Can anyone verify this, and explain what the next steps are? Tracking the build will help me pass the time and stay sane until it arrives!! blush.gif

Thanks. salute.gif

Listen to me for a minute.

Look at my signature.

I waited 1/2 a year. Was it easy. NO.

Was it worth it. YES.

4 years later and I have ZERO regrets !!

Look at my signature.

Was it worth it. YES.

Thanks Grabber. We do need to chill. Although I think my visit to my dealer yesterday got the manager to call the regional rep, which pushed them to get the DORA. I'll be popping in to see my dealer a little more often.

Looking at your signature, you no doubt had a long wait. I'm guessing that I'm at the second step you listed. So what does "Bucked" mean? headscratch.gif

Sween

I've been burnt by Ford once in my life so it makes me a little nervous. Of course this is a Shelby and not a Ford. I just need to get my OLD Monte Carlo out over the weekend and drive the crap out of it. This will cure any my desires for a fast car.

uote name='Roush GR40' timestamp='1305127041' post='1155189']

Congratulations on the sale and new purchase. Two weeks ago I sold my Saleen SC convertible ...a week later I bought a 2012 GT500, black, stripe delete, SVTPP, nav and Recaros...exactly as I wanted it on the showroom floor. Dealer went $2500 below msrp. What an unbelieveable car! It's a beast and handles so much better than my Saleen. There's just no comparison!

DSC_9594.jpg

DSC_9598.jpg

Man, that is sweet. Love that stealth look. Great taste. Congrats.

It's not just a car. It's much more than that.

If you're referring to the "heritage" from the early years of the Mustang...yes, it has more of history than most cars...but in the end...it's still just a car.

I've been burnt by Ford once in my life so it makes me a little nervous. Of course this is a Shelby and not a Ford.

The Shelby GT500 is a Ford car - built at a Ford plant, by Ford employees, with Ford parts, sold by Ford dealers. The only instance where it varies from that is if you have your car Supersnaked by the people at Shelby. Then you get some exclusive Shelby parts.

Look at my signature.

Was it worth it. YES.

Would you have been so patient if you had to wait for it during the spring/summer rather than the winter? It's easier to wait for a car when you know you wouldn't be driving it at the time anyway. It wouldn't even phase me if it were still crappy out.

We had our first 80 degree day this week, and the only thing I had to drive was my daily driver. I thought I was gonna lose my mind.

Went ahead and decided to get the black stripes with the silver. Had to cancell the SVT package and probably be happy about it in the long run. I don't take it to the track so really don't need the SVT pkg. Im saving over 4000.00 so now I can pay off the whole car when it comes in. All of you have to be patience when waiting on your new Shelby. When it gets here you won't be sorry and the wait will be well worth it. When I got my 2010, it was ordered the first part of Feb 2009 and didn't get here until the end of Jun and that wait killed me waiting for it. Took off my Roush muffer deletes today and put the stock exhaust back on and it sounds so low and there is no growl in my Shelby anymore. Im keeping them so that if the 2012 don't have that good growl I will be putting them on it. I have unmodded all the mods that I can do so I'll be doing the waiting game now. At least Im still driving a Shelby.

Congrats on the new '12. Can't wait to see some pics!.....but FYI -I don't think the Roush from the '10s will fit. Exhaust is 2 3/4 on the 11+ model years instead of 2 1/2.

Congrats on the new '12. Can't wait to see some pics!.....but FYI -I don't think the Roush from the '10s will fit. Exhaust is 2 3/4 on the 11+ model years instead of 2 1/2.

I found out that the 2011-2012 have 2.75 pipes instead of the 2 1/2' on the 2010. I really hope that I can find a matching sound like the Roush's did on my 2010. Aready brought my light bar and interior door handles so I'll be all set once the new one arrives. Hey Sharpie, I know you had the Roush's also so I know you know what they can do for the Shelby.

Well, after test driving one with the SVTPP, my sense was that I'd get tired of the harsher ride, so I too ordered without the SVT package. Plus, like you said, I'm saving $4K. I think in the long run I'll be happier when cruising. Plus, I'll always have the option for mods later if I want to change the handling.

It's indeed a tough choice. The SVTPP is better for resale - and only for those who plan to make NO modifications to the suspension or wheels - otherwise, you're just adding money on money to redo what was done. Plus the F-1 G: 2's can be miserable daily tires - but in summer or on a track, they're phenomenal. And to be honest, the SVTPP wheels are as sharp as they come.

That said, you may want to consider ordering the BOSS 302 3.73 differential assembly WITH a Torsen unit. It's about $1,200 for the part - and will do one HELL of a lot for your trackability at a fraction of the cost. You can buy the SVTPP wheels if you like from the parts desk too for about $1,600/set - though only in 19". The best news in that setup, however, is that you get the true 3.73 benefit - rather than merely giving-back what the SVTPP's larger rear tire diameter tooketh away.

I don't even care when it shows up. I went out last night in my 1970 Monte Carlo w/ZZ502 and drove the crap out of it and my Mustang sadness went away. I'm at a point, it will show up when it shows up. I know one thing, I will not be in a great big hurry to go get it. Make them wait on me for a while.

Archived