TEAM SHELBY FORUM

kenne bell upgrade on 2011 gt500

Just finished kenne bell 2.8 lc upgrade on my 2011 gt500.Running 18 lbs boost with 2 7/8 pulley.Added american racing 1 7/8 long tube headers with high flow cats using factory svt set up.Car pulled 705 rwhp on mustang dyno with 662 ft lbs of torque.Adjust to dynojet numbers adding 7% and you get 758 rwhp and 708 ft lbs torque.Exhaust sounds great and car runs like a beast now.Will post dyno and pics later today.Gotta get rims and tires as f1 s are useless, any wheel and tire suggestions?Looking for 20x11 in rear.

Awesome! :rockon: I'm kicking around the idea of a whipple 2.9 and already thinking about the traction issue. I'll probably go with 20x11 True Forged wheels with Nitto NT05 315/35/20 out back. The NT05R is nice, but would wear quicker and I'm worried about lateral grip and getting stuck in an unexpected rain shower.

Was also considering the Nitto N05r for rear on 20 x 11.Got alot of mixed reviews regarding grip when youre looking at 758 rwhp.Unfortunatley there is nothing like a radial slick for accelleration but would kill handling.There really is no true dual purpose rubber to handle this much power and offer the handling .Might get a set of Weld Racing for the rear with 10 inch M/T slicks for pure grip and use factory rims and rubber for everday.Sorta like the sleeper look car has now.

Was also considering the Nitto N05r for rear on 20 x 11.Got alot of mixed reviews regarding grip when youre looking at 758 rwhp.Unfortunatley there is nothing like a radial slick for accelleration but would kill handling.There really is no true dual purpose rubber to handle this much power and offer the handling .Might get a set of Weld Racing for the rear with 10 inch M/T slicks for pure grip and use factory rims and rubber for everday.Sorta like the sleeper look car has now.

post-29909-0-82083700-1304723565_thumb.jpgHere are Mustang Dyno results on my Kenne Belle 2.8lc and american racing long tube headers with high flow cats with Jon Lund tune.Dyno was a Mustang so add 7% to adjust to Dynojet numbers.All work was done by Evolution Performance

post-29909-0-82083700-1304723565_thumb.jpg

Is that the norm (adding 7%) for the Dynojet?? If so, I'm even MORE happy with my results from last year :happy feet: Awesome numbers, by the way. Can't wait to see the video!

Yes add 7% to Mustang Dyno Results to equal Dynojet numbers

Archived