TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Wheels

I was thinking of getting a new set of wheels for the Shelby but I don't want to spend a lot of money on them. I don't like the chrome wheels because you have to work too hard to keep them looking good and shiney. I think I did find a good looking set at a reasonable cost and should look good on the car.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12297

I would also need a new set of TPMS sensors. I have a set of KR tires waiting to be mounted on to something. If anyone is good at Photoshop, can you chop these wheels on to my car from one of the pictures in the hood thread?

A question I have and I think I know the answer. Does the 08 GT500 have 9.5" width on front and back? I think it does but I need confirmation.

I would like that wheel better if they offer them in 18X9 and 18X10's. I would rather run some 295's or even 305's in the back and that would be a stretch with those 9.5's. It is a good looking wheel though.

Those are good lookin' wheels. Not what you wanted to see, but here's a set of those SVT wheels on an '08 Bullitt:

DetailedMondayApril2520111.jpg

Thosae are not the same wheels....close but not the same. Those are the Boss LS look-a-like wheels if I am not mistaken. But definitely NOT the GT500 wheels from the '10 Verts.

I was thinking of getting a new set of wheels for the Shelby but I don't want to spend a lot of money on them. I don't like the chrome wheels because you have to work too hard to keep them looking good and shiney. I think I did find a good looking set at a reasonable cost and should look good on the car.

I would also need a new set of TPMS sensors. I have a set of KR tires waiting to be mounted on to something. If anyone is good at Photoshop, can you chop these wheels on to my car from one of the pictures in the hood thread?

A question I have and I think I know the answer. Does the 08 GT500 have 9.5" width on front and back? I think it does but I need confirmation.

You don't need new sensors if you reuse your original ones with new bands. But if you do get new sensors, another TS member posted this website recently as a place to purchase them. The ones they sell for 07-09 don't need bands, they are part of the valve stem like 10-11. http://www.tpmswholesalers.com/BuyersGuide.aspx

And yes the 08 wheels are 9.5 inches wide on both the front and rear..

You don't need new sensors if you reuse your original ones with new bands. But if you do get new sensors, another TS member posted this website recently as a place to purchase them. The ones they sell for 07-09 don't need bands, they are part of the valve stem like 10-11. http://www.tpmswholesalers.com/BuyersGuide.aspx

And yes the 08 wheels are 9.5 inches wide on both the front and rear..

Thanks for the link. I'll need the sensors because I am going to be storing the current wheels and tires. That way, I can always change it back at any time without having to break down the tires multiple times.

good choice of wheels and yes the 08 GT500 has 9.5" wheels front and back,

2-16.jpg

If you go to Americanmuscle.com they have the same wheels but you can get the rear in a 18x10 like mine and they are cheaper. I swapped my svt center caps and they look great. This pic has the American muscle center caps I will have to get a newer pic. American muscle also sales tpms sensors and bands along with the tool to program them to the car. Hope that helps.

7893d2bd.jpg

Those look great on your car. What advantage would I have with the 10" rears? Thanks for the tip.

You could put bigger tires on, meaning more traction... However, with a vapor colored car you probably have no need for that!!

:tease:

I have no bulge with the stock size rear tire and have the option to go up in size safer then with the stck size. Thanks for the compliment. My friend also has these wheels on his black gt500 but did the all black wheel from the same place. I think the all black and the machine face like I have will look great on your vapor!!

I looked at the American Muscle site and they had a vapor Mustang GT with them on and they did look good. I did notice that with the current stock wheels and tires, the middle of the rears are wearing faster than the rest of the tire. I even have them at 28 pounds of pressure and they are still wearing in the middle. I am betting the 10" width will help take care of that problem.

I would be willing to bet the same. They can also do the tpms sensors for you when you buy the wheels. Or call Discount tire direct. They were cheaper for me but I only bought the bands and cradles. I'm sure they should be able to hook you up as well. The easiest way to deal with discount tire is to call the 1 800 number and I think I got free shipping as well.

Archived