TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Awaiting Delivery

RogerS

Every car must have been delivered, nobody complaining about waiting for ever to get there cars. How many of you ordered convertibles to go with your 2011 gt350?

Last post from the factory was that all 2011 production was completed by the end of August and "job one" 2012 productions was to start on September 1, 2011. No confirmation on that, but I would imagine that the information release was close to within a few days. But no posts yet from any 2012 owners who may have received their order.

You did good sir. Mine was delivered to Shelby on May 18, and is getting out of final inspection this afternoon. I did get the painted stripes, so that could have slowed mine down a bit.

Congrats! You will be having fun soon. Did you also get the Wilwood brakes? What are your thoughts about those compared to the Baer Brakes?

bruce

Congrats! You will be having fun soon. Did you also get the Wilwood brakes? What are your thoughts about those compared to the Baer Brakes?

bruce

Other than I'm glad they are 1000 less expensive, I really have no opinion of the new brakes. I hope they look as big as the Baer brakes did.

Other than I'm glad they are 1000 less expensive, I really have no opinion of the new brakes. I hope they look as big as the Baer brakes did.

I only new about the baer brakes. Was the wilwood brakes a option that shelby offered? Or did you request something different when you ordered your car?

Kris

I only new about the baer brakes. Was the wilwood brakes a option that shelby offered? Or did you request something different when you ordered your car?

Kris

I was surprised when shelby told me they had switched from baer to wilwood! It was not an option. Looking at my sales order ,the rear wilwood brake upgrade is 4-piston not 6 like the baer option.Got the word yesterday that my car is done! It will ship out on the 28th or 29th of november.

"Mine was delivered to Shelby on May 18, and is getting out of final inspection this afternoon"

It is now the middle of November. Are you telling me the turn around time is from mid May until mid November? That's 6 months!

Yes sir, that's exactly right. It's ok though, I've had fun waiting, and I live in FL. I'd be pissed if I lived up north where I can't drive the damn thing for 4 more months!

Kris

Nope, found out when they called to tell me the car was done. I was told the wilwood's are as big as the Baer's. I hope I'm not being lied to. This is the whole reason I paid for the Baer upgrade...looks alone!

Nope, found out when they called to tell me the car was done. I was told the wilwood's are as big as the Baer's. I hope I'm not being lied to. This is the whole reason I paid for the Baer upgrade...looks alone!

The good thing is that your car will be different than everyone else. I dont understand how they can do this without discussing it with the car owner. Shelby should give you money back.

Kris

I agree! I just found out on this forum that the brakes have been changed to Willwoods and confirmed with Shelby today. The Baer brakes are more complex to maintain than Willwoods according to Shelby. I think that should be up to the individual customer!

I agree! I just found out on this forum that the brakes have been changed to Willwoods and confirmed with Shelby today. The Baer brakes are more complex to maintain than Willwoods according to Shelby. I think that should be up to the individual customer!

Does that mean that we cant get brake pads and do a brake job ourself. I'll be pissed off if I spent all that money on baer brakes and cant get repaired when needed.

Kris