TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Awaiting Delivery

RogerS

Absolutely. I was all through RSF on Friday and Torrey Pines is on my normal route. Gotta' pick the right time on PCH right now because the thoroughbreds are running at Del Mar; traffic can be a bear just prior to post time.

John

Looks like my ship will be coming in with my toy about Labor Day. That will make it ten months from order date. Aaaaaaarrrrrggghhhhh. I am sure the wait and anxiety will disappear at about 5000 rpm. If I see a 2012 within a few months of my getting my ride, I may be more than a bit peeved.

Looks like my ship will be coming in with my toy about Labor Day. That will make it ten months from order date. Aaaaaaarrrrrggghhhhh. I am sure the wait and anxiety will disappear at about 5000 rpm. If I see a 2012 within a few months of my getting my ride, I may be more than a bit peeved.

Don,

Yes it is a long wait, but when you get it, all will be forgotten, I know guys that have waited longer, and that is behind them now. I don't have one, but have driven two, and they are the complete package...Labor day is just around the corner...

Don,

Yes it is a long wait, but when you get it, all will be forgotten, I know guys that have waited longer, and that is behind them now. I don't have one, but have driven two, and they are the complete package...Labor day is just around the corner...

I am getting anxious, but not as much as the dealer who is bringing a second unit for the showroom floor! Nine months delivery wait is tough to take (some I am sure waited longer), but it makes it a challenge for taking 2012 orders. All was scheduled last year for a delivery in time for car show last March, based on 90 day lead time quote from the factory. So a very long awaited delivery is finally anticipated with a coming out party planned.

I am getting anxious, but not as much as the dealer who is bringing a second unit for the showroom floor! Nine months delivery wait is tough to take (some I am sure waited longer), but it makes it a challenge for taking 2012 orders. All was scheduled last year for a delivery in time for car show last March, based on 90 day lead time quote from the factory. So a very long awaited delivery is finally anticipated with a coming out party planned.

The car is very cool, it will be worth the wait. I've only drove mine about 500 miles so far. I enjoy looking at it just as much as driving it. Good Luck.

Kris

The car is very cool, it will be worth the wait. I've only drove mine about 500 miles so far. I enjoy looking at it just as much as driving it. Good Luck.

Kris

Still anxious and cleaning the garage to make extra space. Arrival is around Labor Day weekend, so it will be ten months from date of order. The original CSM number is later than the one on the original order (corrected but not notified until last week)..

Don

Still anxious and cleaning the garage to make extra space. Arrival is around Labor Day weekend, so it will be ten months from date of order. The original CSM number is later than the one on the original order (corrected but not notified until last week)..

Don

Don,

How did that happen? The CSM should have been assigned and stayed with the car all the way through.

John

That sounds shady, was your car stolen or did somebody cut in front of you somehow.

Kris

Richard notified me last week of the number change, which was noted on the invoice at some unknown time months ago. In felt that I should have been notified right away, but was not told until the car was shipped. All the info on the order is still correct. Even after he told me of the new CSM #, the actual invoice shows an even later number. Nothing that I can do about it but make others aware. Luckily, any of the accessory items that I have been collecting while waiting for the Big Toy, including CS signed models, did not have the original CSM # put on them. At this point, any further explanations/excuses are useless. No post production car should have taken this long. But I will enjoy my new ride. However telling others of the time it took to get it will likely put off other potential buyers of the 2012 and possible future models. It certainly has soured the dealers view of the whole deal. And I have zero tolerance of any further problems with the car, even before receiving it. When I spoke in person with John Lund and Gary Patterson almost exactly a year ago, my enthusiasm for getting the car and assisting in setting up a SAI dealership was, well, over the top. That bubble has burst as my car and the one that the excited new dealer ordered are getting here as the 2012 production starts, leading him to have to sell a new, but year old model.

I just want my Toy so I can drive off into the sunset and take the time to restore my 66 GT350. Two accessories that are ready are a license plate frame stating "My other car is a Shelby GT350 too" and a tag for the supercharger to annoy Nissan: Leaf Blower.

Richard notified me last week of the number change, which was noted on the invoice at some unknown time months ago. In felt that I should have been notified right away, but was not told until the car was shipped. All the info on the order is still correct. Even after he told me of the new CSM #, the actual invoice shows an even later number. Nothing that I can do about it but make others aware. Luckily, any of the accessory items that I have been collecting while waiting for the Big Toy, including CS signed models, did not have the original CSM # put on them. At this point, any further explanations/excuses are useless. No post production car should have taken this long. But I will enjoy my new ride. However telling others of the time it took to get it will likely put off other potential buyers of the 2012 and possible future models. It certainly has soured the dealers view of the whole deal. And I have zero tolerance of any further problems with the car, even before receiving it. When I spoke in person with John Lund and Gary Patterson almost exactly a year ago, my enthusiasm for getting the car and assisting in setting up a SAI dealership was, well, over the top. That bubble has burst as my car and the one that the excited new dealer ordered are getting here as the 2012 production starts, leading him to have to sell a new, but year old model.

I just want my Toy so I can drive off into the sunset and take the time to restore my 66 GT350. Two accessories that are ready are a license plate frame stating "My other car is a Shelby GT350 too" and a tag for the supercharger to annoy Nissan: Leaf Blower.

Glad you have everything clarified...

Kris

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you have everything clarified...

Kris

It has landed. The dealer is cleaning it up for a media unveiling. They also bought another 350 to sell. Great cruise from the docks. So here they are offically on the day 2012 production starts!

The fun now begins. Not sure the island has enogh fuel for all the time that I want to use it!

It has landed. The dealer is cleaning it up for a media unveiling. They also bought another 350 to sell. Great cruise from the docks. So here they are offically on the day 2012 production starts!

The fun now begins. Not sure the island has enogh fuel for all the time that I want to use it!

Congrats!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Having ridden in a couple of them, I know you will enjoy driving it. Now let's see some pics...

Dan

long wait and csm number stolen aside, enjoy your new ride! :shift:

I am looking forward to miles of fun. Right now the car is hidden at the dealership and being detailed for a media unveiling next week. These toys sure get dirty after being transported 3200 miles. It gives me time to declutter the garage. I am waiting for a corrected Maroney window sticker as the one on the car with my name on it (cool idea) was incorrect. But we checked over the car to make sure all the specific options were on it. They are.

I am looking forward to miles of fun. Right now the car is hidden at the dealership and being detailed for a media unveiling next week. These toys sure get dirty after being transported 3200 miles. It gives me time to declutter the garage. I am waiting for a corrected Maroney window sticker as the one on the car with my name on it (cool idea) was incorrect. But we checked over the car to make sure all the specific options were on it. They are.

Enjoy, welcome to the family...

Kris

My 66 GT350 is in a warehouse 35 miles away, being restored. I needed a commuter car!

Your lucky, my 65 ( tribute ) is my commuter car! Not that I'm complaining, but that '11 350 would be cool to own. Congrads to you!

Congrats on "Your Boat Coming In", Don! Now at least you quit holding your breath. Oh, and since it's at the dealer, you might as well go ahead and get the oil changed, I mean its been almost a year on that oil, right? :hysterical:

Let the fun begin,

John

Congrats on "Your Boat Coming In", Don! Now at least you quit holding your breath. Oh, and since it's at the dealer, you might as well go ahead and get the oil changed, I mean its been almost a year on that oil, right? :hysterical:

Let the fun begin,

John

oh, grerat, another pain in the ass for me to worry about! I gues I should do a thousand laps around the island so I can getr enough mileage for an oil change! Good enough excuse for a lot of cruising, anyway.

Picked up No. 148 today. After frustrating moments in weekend traffic got a few bursts of joy. The car was unveiled at a media event at the dealership and had a couple of dozen people checking out my car and the next one in the showrrom. The tuned Borlas are the ultimate show stopper!

Chad and his son came by with his GT500 came by as well (Team Shelby "On Oahu" thread).

Picked up No. 148 today. After frustrating moments in weekend traffic got a few bursts of joy. The car was unveiled at a media event at the dealership and had a couple of dozen people checking out my car and the next one in the showrrom. The tuned Borlas are the ultimate show stopper!

Chad and his son came by with his GT500 came by as well (Team Shelby "On Oahu" thread).

Congrats! It’s an amazing car

Tell me that you have washed the car 100 times already.....

Kris

Only about 4 or 5 times. Detailing this car is not easy. A lot of little nooks and crannies. Just had my first oil change at 2500 miles. On the track next week at Sears Point Raceway for the first time. It will definitely be washed after that. That track seems to throw rubber at your car for some reason...

Don, Congratulations!

I'm sure you know lots of honey spots to take some great pics. My in-laws live in Lanikai, and just after the Kailua beach park, is a pull-in to the boat ramp, you could likely get some nice pix there right on the water as the sun sets..

Enjoy,

Tom

Edited by Cali_KR

Don, Congratulations!

I'm sure you know lots of honey spots to take some great pics. My in-laws live in Lanikai, and just after the Kailua beach park, is a pull-in to the boat ramp, you could likely get some nice pix there right on the water as the sun sets..

Enjoy,

Tom

I have worked with professional auto photogs on magazine shots at that very location. It is great as long as there are no construction vehicles or canoe or kayak paddling groups in the area. I also use Sandy Beach and Moanalua Bay. Just need to find a good day without a lot of surf spray and nosy harbor police asking for permits! Right now I have to deail the car for a car show on Sunday. It was shot for a feature on Island Driver TV. There sure have been a bucket load of requests for a ride. My damn head still aches from banging the head rest every time I stomped the on the gas!

Don

Only about 4 or 5 times. Detailing this car is not easy. A lot of little nooks and crannies. Just had my first oil change at 2500 miles. On the track next week at Sears Point Raceway for the first time. It will definitely be washed after that. That track seems to throw rubber at your car for some reason...

What group will you be in on Wednesday?

Well, I naw have had #148 for just a about a week since the media unveiling here. I tTook the 350 to an all Mustang car show today with about 50 entries from classics, Foxes, SN95,New Edge and S197. There was a beautiful 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca next me and a couple of GT500s. And to my surprise I now am at home with a first in class trophy!

:D

Well, I naw have had #148 for just a about a week since the media unveiling here. I tTook the 350 to an all Mustang car show today with about 50 entries from classics, Foxes, SN95,New Edge and S197. There was a beautiful 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca next me and a couple of GT500s. And to my surprise I now am at home with a first in class trophy!

:D

Congratulations One of many to follow. I received my fifth trophy this past weekend. This was the most important one since it was in a class of just Shelby's and the New Boss. They had about 6 Boss's including the Laguna Seca. Two winners in this class mine and a Shelby KR.happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif

Congratulations One of many to follow. I received my fifth trophy this past weekend. This was the most important one since it was in a class of just Shelby's and the New Boss. They had about 6 Boss's including the Laguna Seca. Two winners in this class mine and a Shelby KR.happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif

Rarity and beauty has its rewards!