TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Embarrassed to say - got VIN and build date!

emmetcs@pu

I have been reading this forum since last summer even though I joined in February as a new member. I read, with heartfelt sympathy, the posts of all those waiting and waiting and waiting for their cars. I finally ordered mine this Feb as I wanted an '07 and not an '08. I expected to wait forever.

(Yes I shopped around all over the country and bought from a dealer 1500 miles away and yes paid what I felt was a reasonable ADM, and will have it drop-shipped down here to Florida)

To my surprise I received a VIN and build date of week of Apr. 2nd. I know that receiving it may be 6 to 8 weeks out but just getting the VIN and build date is a victory after reading all the posts here.

I'll wait a month or so and then start the hunt for the rail car.

I couldn't have gotten the deal, pushed the dealer or demanded the zone rep check status or arrange the drop-ship without all the fantastic info on this forum. Thanks guys!

I'm sorry it happened all so fast - but I feel like I've been waiting as long as many of you since I read so many of the posts. Anyway, once it's built it will probably go into a 'quality hold' for a couple of months before shipping. Then I'll be right there with the rest of you.

White/Blue coupe, nav.

I have been reading this forum since last summer even though I joined in February as a new member. I read, with heartfelt sympathy, the posts of all those waiting and waiting and waiting for their cars. I finally ordered mine this Feb as I wanted an '07 and not an '08. I expected to wait forever.

(Yes I shopped around all over the country and bought from a dealer 1500 miles away and yes paid what I felt was a reasonable ADM, and will have it drop-shipped down here to Florida)

To my surprise I received a VIN and build date of week of Apr. 2nd. I know that receiving it may be 6 to 8 weeks out but just getting the VIN and build date is a victory after reading all the posts here.

I couldn't have gotten the deal, pushed the dealer or demanded the zone rep check status or arrange the drop-ship without all the fantastic info on this forum. Thanks guys!

I'm sorry it happened all so fast - but I feel like I've been waiting as long as many of you since I read so many of the posts. Anyway, once it's built it will probably go into a 'quality hold' for a couple of months before shipping. Then I'll be right there with the rest of you.

White/Blue coupe, nav.

Welcome emmetcs to the forum. :banana piano:

Since you have been reading for awhile you know the drill when you get your ride, Photos, Photos, Photos. :happy feet: :headspin:

Hope your PSDS does not last too long! :hysterical2:

White/Blue coupe, nav.

/quote]

Congratulations on the car ! ... Where abouts in florida are u ? I like to get all the shelby owners together for Qtrly meetings if possible ...

dond

Welcome to the forum and glad you got a car coming! Don't feel bad...we've all had our trials and tribulations and it's just part of the game.

White is a great color, but certainly if you've been reading the board for awhile, you know that Alloy is the fastest color. :hysterical2::hysterical2:

Keep us posted when it gets here...pics are mandatory.

AD

• 3 weeks later...

Check this out I started the trying to buy a GT500 process in March of 2005. Yes that was 05. Called everywhere including Alaska and no one knew anything. So waited until about April of 2006 still got a lot of "I know nothing" crap. I continually tried to get on a purchase list.

I visited all the Ford dealers in my area and called about 100 others. The best I could do was 4th on a list in a state 650 miles away. I could have bought from two dealers Spring of 2006 IF I was willing to pay $25,000 over MSRP, or about $70,000 + tax and fees. I said up your butt to that tough guy. So I waited and called a few more remote dealers and no dice.

Finally the dealer I was 4th on their list calls me to say they have a convertable and it's mine if I want it. I tell them thanks for the offer, but I really prefer a coupe and they wanted probably $15,000 to $10,000 over MSRP. So about then I was thinking maybe in 2015 I can get a used 2007 Shelby GT500 that someone totaled in a head on collision with a freight train? You have to understand I am on lists all over the country with a few deposits in and everything else. Plus bidding on several GT500's on eBay.

THEN the end of October 2006 the dealer I am 4th on the list calls me this time it is a junior female salesperson and she says you can order a Shelby GT500 from me. I am in shock :drop: REALLY? What's the catch I say? She says no catch. Give me a small down and we'll sell it for sticker. Wow a miracle. But there is a catch. I get a call a month later from their fleet manager and he says Ford can't built it until February. Wow there's a Bold Move from Ford! (That is sarcasm if you couldn't tell.)

Meanwhile February rolls around and this fleet manager is harder to get info from than Pakistan about Bin Laden. I am thinking he has my deposit, but this guy gets insulted everytime I ask him a question about the car, options, delivery, or anything. It's like he is doing me this big favor taking my $50K. He says he will know more the end of March.

End of March comes and I finally I get a VIN # from the female saleslady. :drop: I figure it will be here early April! :banana piano: Uhhh Nope :banghead: , I call him back and he finally says April 20, or maybe that weekend? So I have been waiting for 6 months for Ford to build this pig and this dealer to be nice and give me some info. :sos:

So obviously I have Shelby GT500 dealership/delivery anxiety. Sorry for the rant. Had to vent. :banghead: I hope I can get it transported and paid for without any hassle. I have repeatly tried to get some kind of payment exchange plan, but I get nothing but dead air from this fleet manager guy.

Anyway it will be a relief when it's all over.

If your getting it for MSRP I would continue to wait even if it's until the middle or end of May for it to be built. Don't worry the wait is worth the ride & all anger will be long gone once you see it in person at the dealership. I'll go back & bring up my arriaval post. read my journey & thoughts & you might say we have something in common.

PS: welcome aboard LUCKYGUY you

If your getting it for MSRP I would continue to wait even if it's until the middle or end of May for it to be built. Don't worry the wait is worth the ride & all anger will be long gone once you see it in person at the dealership. I'll go back & bring up my arriaval post. read my journey & thoughts & you might say we have something in common.

PS: welcome aboard LUCKYGUY you

Aww I am not angry at all. :stop: I have just had 07 Shelby GT500 Fever ever since I became aware of the green light March 2005! I work with a few other guys that followed the sales introduction in Spring 2006 and they have all dropped out of trying to buy for now anyway. I am the only one who made it this far. It has been a long process and the patience is wearing thin. It would be nice to get the most accurate information from the dealerships to make the process less frustrating. Maybe honesty and accuracy from a car dealer is asking for way too much. :doh:

Thanks for the welcome. Would like to see your car. I am sure you are in heaven. ;-)

Hey, great you got VIN - delivery may be a little longer than you hope - also what do you mean by 'payment exchange plan'?

Yes I got the VIN! :hyper: Now I have to pay this Ford dealer located in another state so we have to figure out how to make the payment exchange. In other words I will probably have a truck transport pick it up and deliver it to me, but I have to pay this dealer in another state. I would like to give him a down-payment and then pay the balance after I receive it and inspect it. I have to pay them the MSRP and I am not sure if they want to pay the sales tax, or wait until I register it in my state. Have to work out the payment details. Make sense? I am hoping this dealer is on the level with everything.

PS: Don't be surprised if your build date gets pushed a month and the delivery date gets pushed a month, or two. I ordered the end of October 2006.

Yes I got the VIN! :hyper: Now I have to pay this Ford dealer located in another state so I we have to figure out how to make the payment exchange. In other words I will probably have a truck transport pick it up and deliver it to me, but I have to pay this dealer in another state. I have to pay them the MSRP and I am not sure if they want to pay the sales tax, or wait until I register it in my state. Make sense?

See if they (the FORD dealer) will have the transport company do a courtesy drop at the nearest Ford Dealer in your area. Normally they will charge you about $200 to $500 to have this done, IMO that’s a few less hands touching & driving it w/o you around.

Yes I got the VIN! :hyper: Now I have to pay this Ford dealer located in another state so we have to figure out how to make the payment exchange. In other words I will probably have a truck transport pick it up and deliver it to me, but I have to pay this dealer in another state. I would like to give him a down-payment and then pay the balance after I receive it and inspect it. I have to pay them the MSRP and I am not sure if they want to pay the sales tax, or wait until I register it in my state. Have to work out the payment details. Make sense? I am hoping this dealer is on the level with everything.

PS: Don't be surprised if your build date gets pushed a month and the delivery date gets pushed a month, or two. I ordered the end of October 2006.

Luckyguy---what state are you in????

Do you have your MSRP deal in writing???

Judy

See if they (the FORD dealer) will have the transport company do a courtesy drop at the nearest Ford Dealer in your area. Normally they will charge you about $200 to $500 to have this done, IMO that’s a few less hands touching & driving it w/o you around.

I tried to arrange a Courtesy Drop Shipment months ago. Three local Ford dealers, who wanted a ridiculous markup for the Shelby's, said "No" on a drop ship assistance for me. They claim past bad experiences, or they prefer to get the sale and were not interested. Found a Ford dealer about 65 miles away who wants $700 for the honor. Hell, I can get it transported for less than $500. The dealer I am purchasing from is supposed to get me a quote to ship it to me also. But they must do their inspect first.

Luckyguy---what state are you in????

Do you have your MSRP deal in writing???

Judy

Yes I got an invoice price faxed to me in my name last October. I am in Nevada. The dealership is in another state. They can charge me sales tax if they want. My state will only charge the difference and their tax % is less than mine.

Wow Judy, you have quite a car collection. Very impressive!

Welcome ~LuckyGuy Your posts have been repeated many a times , have you ask your dealer if he could have your car drop shipped to a dealer near you??

Welcome ~LuckyGuy Your posts have been repeated many a times , have you ask your dealer if he could have your car drop shipped to a dealer near you??

Scroll-up for that answer. No can do. Dealers do not like to do that.

Archived