TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake is almost done

My car is almost done. I went down to Sean Hyland today to take a look at it. Sean is waiting on Shelby to send him the Supercharger. It should arrive early next week and the car should be done by the end of next week. Here's some video.

Welcome to the SS Club!!! You're going to love it more than you think!!!

JT

Thanks.

Can't wait to drive it! I'm going to Sean's again next week and I'll be able to take it for a test drive. I'll post more video then.

Just curious what generation SS hood is that they put on your car. Looks like the original 2007 SS style. The one I have is quite different.

I really couldn't tell you. I do know that Shelby has a different manufacturer making their hoods now. The switch was one big reason for the delay in getting my car built, Shelby was not happy with the quality and rejected the hoods they were getting until the quality met their standards.

I'll be heading to Sean Hyland's next week and I'll try and get more info for you.

I really couldn't tell you. I do know that Shelby has a different manufacturer making their hoods now. The switch was one big reason for the delay in getting my car built, Shelby was not happy with the quality and rejected the hoods they were getting until the quality met their standards.

I'll be heading to Sean Hyland's next week and I'll try and get more info for you.

Thanks, I would appreciate the info. The hood I have is supposed to be the new generation hood, but I would have prefered the one you have which I think is the original design hood. Yours directs air from the scoop on the outside to the air filter area under your hood. Mine does not which I questioned Shelby about.

I've been driving mine around a bit. Boy it's nice to drive it again....... I have the KR mufflers now. I just love the sound. I wish they were part of the package. They sound better and have no drone. Whammer you will not be disappointed. Is tomorrow pick up day?

Don

Don,

Sorry, I didn't see your post.

Car is still not done. Sean was waiting on the SC from Shelby. I don't know why they are so slow in delivering parts? Anyway the SC is in transit and was suppose to arrive yesterday. Don't know if they got. But hopefully things get all done by next Friday.

I've got the KR's on my car presently but they need to put the Borla's on in order to certify the car as an SS. I've had Borla;s on before the KR's and I know they drone. I do not think they are a quality product. After the car is certified the KR's are going back on.

Do you also have the KR H pipe? If not get the H pipe from Powerhouse Racing, it's like the KR H pipe and it really adds a burbling muscle car sound.

Hey Whammer. I went up to Sean's today. He was having a garage sale of sorts. I asked him about your car and he said he got all the parts yesterday. There wasn't much there I wanted. I bought a couple of rubber air hoses that I needed. There was lots of good stuff there but nothing that interested me. If you had an older Mustang, (1994 -2003), there was quite a bit of stuff for them. He had some Shelby stuff but I have all of that I need. He had a Shelby car cover there that was blue and white. You might have liked that. I hope he gets it done for you next week. You've only missed about 5 days of driving this spring anyways with the way the weather's been........

Good Luck.

Don

ARRRGGG!!! More delays!!! I was suppose to go to Sean's today. He told me this morning that the SC was almost installed and I could swing by this afternoon and see it. He was going to dyno the car.

I called at 2pm and Sean told me that Kenne Bell had sent him the wrong programmer for the SC. So KB is sending out the correct one and it won't be here till Thurs.

So hopefully things go smoothy on Thurs. and I can see it then. With the long weekend coming up and a few other things happening on my end I think the earliest I'll be able to get the car is next Wed. Oh well....good things come to those that wait.

The weather's so lousy I wouldn't be too concerned. You'll be very happy when you get it. Stay patient...

Don

Don,

I can't believe how awful this spring has been! It feels like Nov. out there! Cold and rainy, just crap!

Archived