TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Turning traction control off

The garage wants an hour labor to turn off the traction control button. As many of you know the traction control was modified to be on all the time on the GT-H. Now that I want it off, there has to be an easy way to disengage it, but if anyone could tell me how, I would appreciate it.

Wow.......hold on there....... very simple, see this attached thread. Somebody is trying to screw you here. If you really try and spend the most time to do this, it might take you 30 seconds. And this includes giving you 20 seconds to open the door and get in the car. It's just a little clip in the button. Pictures and instructions on the attached thread. I'm amazed that there is a car with the clip still in there! :shift:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/55715-traction-control-lockout-clip/page__p__948831__hl__traction__fromsearch__1&do=findComment&comment=948831

Thanks Guys, you are the best.

As a new first time mustang owner, I am feeling loved!! I definitely appreciate your help. I'll see you in Dearborn!

Car is done at dealer now,, fixed broken boots, safety done, DRL's turned on, Fluids changed, and emissions check done ...all told $1702.83 Now an RIV Inspection and I just might get to drive my car by Friday!!!!

As a new first time mustang owner, I am feeling loved!! I definitely appreciate your help. I'll see you in Dearborn!

Car is done at dealer now,, fixed broken boots, safety done, DRL's turned on, Fluids changed, and emissions check done ...all told $1702.83 Now an RIV Inspection and I just might get to drive my car by Friday!!!!

No problem! Post up some pictures when you get a chance. Most here will be glad to help where we can! Anything for our Shelby brothers! Even the ones up north. :hysterical:

Welcome to the family!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Wow.......hold on there....... very simple, see this attached thread. Somebody is trying to screw you here. If you really try and spend the most time to do this, it might take you 30 seconds. And this includes giving you 20 seconds to open the door and get in the car. It's just a little clip in the button. Pictures and instructions on the attached thread. I'm amazed that there is a car with the clip still in there! :shift:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/55715-traction-control-lockout-clip/page__p__948831__hl__traction__fromsearch__1&do=findComment&comment=948831

Just wonderin......has anyone broken the traction control button trying to remove it? I want to remove the clip but I'm nervous I can break the button

Just wonderin......has anyone broken the traction control button trying to remove it? I want to remove the clip but I'm nervous I can break the button

It would be pretty hard to break, and probably could get a replacement part easily as the TCS button is on allot of Mustangs of that year. I would go for it, but follow the instructions above.

Archived