TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The 1997 SAAC Registry......

David Hawkins

I just received the 1997 SAAC Registry that I bought off EBAY. WOW, talk about missing some important Information ............................ I am looking it over and I noticed that some Important Info is missing. When you look at all the 1967 and up Shelby's listed, they do not include the Original Body Color, Interior Color and Convertible Top Color BUT, they will tell you that this Shelby has a Star Washer on this Bolt but that Shelby didn't, I don't mind having that info BUT, I was hoping to beable to tell if I was looking at a very nice Clone or a Real Shelby by using the Info in this Book and you can't.

I just received the 1997 SAAC Registry that I bought off EBAY. WOW, talk about missing some important Information ............................ I am looking it over and I noticed that some Important Info is missing. When you look at all the 1967 and up Shelby's listed, they do not include the Original Body Color, Interior Color and Convertible Top Color BUT, they will tell you that this Shelby has a Star Washer on this Bolt but that Shelby didn't, I don't mind having that info BUT, I was hoping to beable to tell if I was looking at a very nice Clone or a Real Shelby by using the Info in this Book and you can't.

I don't think the original convertible top color is listed, but all the other info you mentioned is in fact listed. Look again. There are many very good fakes out there. On these cars, using the registry alone will not tell you for sure if the car is legit. Contacting SAAC directly is the only surefire way.

If you are interested in a 67 or earlier car the 2011 registry is now available and has much more info in it, all of which is much more up to date.

Even if the registry did tell you the original body color, interior color and convertible top color you could still be looking at a fake. The are many unique parts on 60's Shelby's that set them apart from fakes. The one critical way to know for sure is to contact a registrar at SAAC with a VIN number AND a Shelby number and they will tell you if you are looking at the real deal or a fake. This is one of the many sure fire ways to know the truth.

This is probably the easiest ways to get to the truth quickly.

QSS

Archived