TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Retro 60's Shelby Lights

Howdy guys,

If there is one mod I really want it's the classic look of the original GT350 tail lights...the long horizontal lights. It was something that was uniquely Shelby, it seperated The Shelby Mustang from the other mustangs. I've looked around for kits a few times & finally someone made a mod for it. & much to my disappointment it wasn't our friends in Las Vegas but instead a private "sports car" modshop in New Jersey. They haven't released it yet but they are taking preorder's and selling it for around 6 hundred clam shells. I would consider getting this modification, if I didn't swear a blood oath to only put Shelby Parts on my Car (I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who took the oath). My only hope is that our good friends in Las Vegas are putting this together for us & will get it on the market...What do you guys think?

Here is a link to the Cervini website: https://cervinis.com...=TailConversion

This has been talked about a bunch in the past. Ford was on to something with the original S197 concept cars. This could very easily be ressurected from concept and brought to fruition, I would think? Instant retro, yet current elongated SHELBY 'looking' tails! Then just have the dynamite sticks designed for these and whalah...you have sequential SHELBY looking lamps.

That Cervini kit looks awesome! I am seriously considering for my '08 SGT in Vista Blue. Very unique and old-school retro looking.

Is anybody else considering one? Dana

meh...i'll keep my original tail lights. the 65 and 66's had the originals.

That's the way I look at it. In my opinion Cervani also out the back up lights in the wrong place. They would look much better inboard and instead of being centered they should be at the bottom.

Look at the drivers side of the photoshopped photo below and compare it to Cervanis placement on the passenger side.

Steve

cervani.jpg

cervani.jpg

Cervini has very much so went in depth in finding a niche between old school and new school, I like the company and the way their cars appear. The name SHELBY has it over them, but I would say if SA misses to many more beats they "could" let in competitors that they thought would never be real players. Me personally, I am not a Cervini buyer in any way but the look is sharp.

Archived