TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Strange How Carroll's Autograph Doesn't Match The Ebay Pics

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SHELBY-MUSTANG-GT500-PRESS-KIT-SIGNED-CARROLL-SHELBY-/300552000903?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item45fa4b9587

Take a look at the position of where Carroll is autographing the brochure, looks centered and across the Ford logo to me. Now take a look at the $500.00 ebay brochure thats for sale.

I'm always amazed what people will do for a dollar.

Steve

Notice there isn't a "certificate of authenticity" offered with the autograph.

You can't go by that.......I have many items Autographed by CS and none of them have a Certificate. I do have Photos of Him Signing many of the Items. Usually you get the Certificate when you send an item to the Foundation (you may have to pay extra for it as well) but that to is not always the case as I have sent Items to the Foundation for Signature and did not get the Certificate. I have also sent many items to his Home in CA and also stood in front of him as he Signed items for me at car Shows. Usually, if I send items to Him, I include a Disposable camera for the Photos. Withh all the Signatures I have, you can see a change over the Years.

i message the guy saying, which one are you selling because the pics dont match, then he replies:

Sorry...my mistake. I had gotten 2 or 3 of these signed that day...the photo of the kit with Carroll's signature is correct...the photo of him signing must have been from one of the others. This is REAL...not a fake. My advertising agency has sent me to cover numerous Shelby launches...including the GT500, GT-H and GT500KR.

If one had $500 in spare change, wouldn't it be better to send it to the Carroll Shelby Foundation directly with a request for an autograph? That way 1. You'd receive the real autograph in return and , 2. You'd be donating your money to a worthy cause, not to some advertising agency! :D

If one had $500 in spare change, wouldn't it be better to send it to the Carroll Shelby Foundation directly with a request for an autograph? That way 1. You'd receive the real autograph in return and , 2. You'd be donating your money to a worthy cause, not to some advertising agency! :D

he is probably banking on the idea, that getting a Shelby autograph is hard to get

No disrespect intended...but I can't believe you all are wasting so much time over the authencity of Carroll's signature. Steve sends me a message asking about the sig on the photo and it becomes the news of the day. What a waste of time. FYI ...IT IS REAL (and so is the "y") as are all of my Shelby signed items. Need to see more pix to doucment the signature? I am happy to post them for all of you skeptics out there. Just PM me if you are interested. And another FYI...when Carroll signs at new car launchs and SEMA...he doesn't hand out COA's to people waiting on line. You only get those when you mail items in and pay.

No disrespect intended...but I can't believe you all are wasting so much time over the authencity of Carroll's signature. Steve sends me a message asking about the sig on the photo and it becomes the news of the day. What a waste of time. FYI ...IT IS REAL (and so is the "y") as are all of my Shelby signed items. Need to see more pix to doucment the signature? I am happy to post them for all of you skeptics out there. Just PM me if you are interested. And another FYI...when Carroll signs at new car launchs and SEMA...he doesn't hand out COA's to people waiting on line. You only get those when you mail items in and pay.

How is it a waste of time, its Shelby related and price is pathetic, when someone could get the same thing for $150 that goes to a charity instead $500 to someone's pocket

Received your message about this thread. I'm not sure how you feel I "blasted" you nor what "homework" you feel I should have done. All I know is what I saw in your ebay auction description. I'm not sure why you would include a photo of Carroll signing a different GT500 press kit other than to suggest that the press kit you are selling for $500.00 is one and the same in the ebay photograph. The autograph position shows that it is not.

As to what others have posted, they are entitled to their opinion. And for the record I've never emailed or sent you a message about the autograph, perhaps you're thinking of someone else. I've also never said the autograph was fake.

In case you didn't know, eBay auctions, especially ones offering Carroll's autograph, are routinely looked over not only by SAI but also by Shelby enthusiasts for any inconsistencies that may be damaging to the Shelby brand.

Hopefully you have a better understanding of what prompted this thread. Wishing you the best with your sale.

Steve

Well a lot of us have time to waste. :hysterical: But seriously the signature is missing something more significant and that would be his trade mark underlining of his signature.

Scotty

My best advice to everyone considering purchases such as these is: "Caveat emptor!" I learned it from Judge Judy. It means, "Let the buyer beware!"

I still say look closer at the Photo and the "Carroll" part of the Sig. There is a second "Carroll" behind it with a different style "C" and the two "L's" are farther to the Right. It's as if it was Signed, and wiped off and resigned. I am just saying what I am seeing.

$(KGrHqYOKo0E1z3+WM5vBNuYjtdpjQ~~_12.jpg

$(KGrHqYOKo0E1z3+WM5vBNuYjtdpjQ~~_12.jpg

Well my mind is made up on the sellers honesty. Take a look at who just cropped the photo of Carroll autographing a DIFFERENT folder so that you can no longer see that the one his is selling for $500.00 is NOT the one the buyer will recieve. Deception is the same as lying.

And that was a very interesting read of the other Team Shelby thread about ebay seller, 70machwon

Looks like the Team Shelby members have done their homework on this one.

Steve

Well my mind is made up on the sellers honesty. Take a look at who just cropped the photo of Carroll autographing a DIFFERENT folder so that you can no longer see that the one his is selling for $500.00 is NOT the one the buyer will recieve. Deception is the same as lying.

And that was a very interesting read of the other Team Shelby thread about ebay seller, 70machwon

Steve

+1000

Steve

Glad you are not the judge and jury :) Yes the ebay photo was changed so as no to get any more people so excited about this very important topic....the legitimacy of Shelby memorabilia. Once again...the sig is real as with all of my collection. How about the image below...do you like this one better...with a COA that I paid $165 to the Children's Foundation for?

DSCN0414.jpg

So, your now selling a different one with a COA? Okay.

As indicated earlier...I have several signed GT500 kits from the NY launch. The one currently listed on ebay has a COA and is exactly the one pictured above.

Sorry, not trying to be negative, I'm just getting confused. On the other thread in 2009, you stated that you only had one left. Now there are several? So did you take the other unsigned ones you had, send them off for signature, and now you have several with COA's?

From the other thread:

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:54 AM

Just sold one on Ebay and have one more left...price reduce to $500...includes press kit, photo documentation of signature and complete photo documentation of public debut in NY. PM me if interested.

2012 Shelby GT500

2002 Roush Stage 3 Griggs Racing GR40 World Challenge Mustang (FOR SALE)

Sorry, not trying to be negative, I'm just getting confused. On the other thread in 2009, you stated that you only had one left. Now there are several? So did you take the other unsigned ones you had, send them off for signature, and now you have several with COA's?

From the other thread:

Just sold one on Ebay and have one more left...price reduce to $500...includes press kit, photo documentation of signature and complete photo documentation of public debut in NY. PM me if interested.

2012 Shelby GT500

I have sent numerous items for signatures to CSCF and have attended SEMA and got others items signed there.

From the other thread:

2012 Shelby GT500

His Question is in Red

I have sent numerous items for signatures to CSCF and have attended SEMA and got others items signed there.

:headscratch: Your reply does not answer Jeffj's question................................

His Question is in Red

:headscratch: Your reply does not answer Jeffj's question................................

I routinely buy and sell unique Shelby/Mustang collectibles to help support my car habit. Apparently in 2009 I had one of these kits left. Since then I have bought other unsigned kits (although they are hard to find) and also bought several issues of SI, Road and Track and Car and Driver from the 50's and 60's. Any new items that I acquire I will either send to CSCF or bring to an event (like SEMA) if Carroll has a planned autograph session. Is that enough of an explanation? If not, I am happy to chat via phone...just sent me your contact details. The kit that I am selling on ebay has a COA.

Archived