TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 for a KR?

Would I be an idiot to sell my soon to be built 45th GT350 for what I have into it for a good deal on a KR? No plans on tracking the GT350, and don't have a KR located, but see some pretty good deals out there. Just kicking it around...

You're going to get mixed opinions here for sure. It really boils down to what you want.

By looking at your sig, I see you have an '07 40th so........I would keep the order for the GT-350. You would now have (2) anniversary cars (40th & 45th) with both sporting a different engine and 2 different body styles.

.......and this is coming from a KR owner.

I know how you feel. the wait just kills the thrill, so to speak.

I thought many times about selling / canceling. I choose to keep it and I'm glad I did.

I would get it, drive it and see what you think. It's going to be different than your 40th. A lot different.

It's an amazing car but you'll have to make the choice at the end of day.

Not such a bad problem to have...

Enjoy

Would I be an idiot to sell my soon to be built 45th GT350 for what I have into it for a good deal on a KR? No plans on tracking the GT350, and don't have a KR located, but see some pretty good deals out there. Just kicking it around...

Dont sell the 350, they made alot less of them. I heard they made about 2200 KR s. This alone will make the 350 more valuable in the futue.

The wait does certainly "kill the thrill," and just gives the emotions way too much time to ride the roller coaster and second guess yourself. From all your perspectives, there will always be more opportunities to pick up the KR in the future with more to choose from. Thanks for all your thoughts...

Yeah, I dont see the upside for your specific situation getting the KR. I agree with what everyone has said. Your 40th has characteristics of the KR already, so go for the 350. Long wait aside, you wont regret it for one second. I see KRs for sale ALL the time, and prices will get even cheaper. I know a guy who picked one up for 46k, slightly used, but flawless. By the time you recover from buying the 350, I think you will be able to pick up a KR for high 30s even. What a bargain that will be.

Im with you- I plan on holding out, and buying a bunch of the 2006+ Shelbys in the next decade, because there will be major bargains out there, just like with the 60s cars back in the 70s. Im gonna build the garage/shelby cave first, and then start filling it up!

I am partial to the KR. I do, however, like the GT350.

There were only 1571 KRs made and they are the S197 body style which is much preferred by many. While KR prices are down I believe that when they are all gone from dealer lots and there are not nearly as many left on dealer lots today they will be very desirable cars in the future. The front hood alone is worth the price of admission not to mention the KR only Aloca rims, FRPP suspension, performance mods and that awesome KR exhaust.

At current market prices the KR is a GREAT buy. Period!

At the current time conversely you are paying top $ for a GT350.

They project making more GT350s. I understand approximately 3000 in total. So far they made less 350s that's true but they are still building them and will build the full quota if they can. Whether they do build the full number of GT350s remains to be scene.

While looks are subjective I believe the '07 - '08 SGT and KR are by far the nicest looking Shelbys that have come down the pipe. Thats MHO.

The KR is a one of the few pre title Shelbys. Period and probably the last pre title Shelby. Shelby American is one of the manufacturers of record on the KR. Thats significant. The manufacture of record on the GT350 is Ford.

I like the GT350 but for the money I am leaning towards the Boss 302 LS. I have dibbs of the next one coming in to my dealer.

IMHO the move would be to sell the 40th buy the KR and then buy the GT 350. Now thats a great set of book ends.

[/quote

The price of the KR and 350's have dropped. Roger posted on the classified section a 350 for $69,500.

Hardly call that a price drop - $35K MSRP + $34K GT350 package = $69K

They project making more GT350s. I understand approximately 3000 in total. So far they made less 350s that's true but they are still building them and will build the full quota if they can. Whether they do build the full number of GT350s remains to be scene.

Just to clarify, the limit is 2200 total GT350s. the 2011 45th anniversary is only about 200, and they are still building them a year later. I dont think they have capacity to build 2200, unless they plan on doing these for the next 6 or 7 years.

Clearly Shelby has the capacity to build 2200 cars. They have done so with other models. Question is will they get the purchase orders to do so. The numbers are small. 2200 vs. 3000. Still a limited build.

There are only 1571 KRs. 180 in Vista Blue. 212 in Torch Red. Pretty rare.

Regardless. If you own a Shelby its a special car and rare.

Total cars on US roads vs. total Shelbys. The percentage of Shelbys on US roads is pretty small (the word miniscule comes to mind) when compared to the overall total of cars out there.

I'm not losing sleep with Shelby's continued production of new Shelby as far as rarity.

Took the KR out this weekend for a 1/2 hr trot. No less then 3 thumbs up and admiring comments. Shelbys can do that.

I haven't received my GT350 yet, but I can't conceive selling it unless I "needed" to. The thought of it gets me giddy and pretty darn excited. My blood pressure increases, my pupils dilate and my face starts to hurt from smiling! :hyper: The real question for you is determining which car makes you feel this way.

I haven't received my GT350 yet, but I can't conceive selling it unless I "needed" to. The thought of it gets me giddy and pretty darn excited. My blood pressure increases, my pupils dilate and my face starts to hurt from smiling! :hyper: The real question for you is determining which car makes you feel this way.

One month from my delivery and I am still getting up early to go out and look at it.

Even my hybrid driving co-workers are still talking about it.

I am one of the rare daily driver Shelby owners. Everyday when I pull into the parking lot, someone is waiting to admire and talk cars. Amazing!

Clearly Shelby has the capacity to build 2200 cars. They have done so with other models. Question is will they get the purchase orders to do so. The numbers are small. 2200 vs. 3000. Still a limited build.

There are only 1571 KRs. 180 in Vista Blue. 212 in Torch Red. Pretty rare.

Regardless. If you own a Shelby its a special car and rare.

Total cars on US roads vs. total Shelbys. The percentage of Shelbys on US roads is pretty small (the word miniscule comes to mind) when compared to the overall total of cars out there.

I'm not losing sleep with Shelby's continued production of new Shelby as far as rarity.

Took the KR out this weekend for a 1/2 hr trot. No less then 3 thumbs up and admiring comments. Shelbys can do that.

Actually, if Shelby does not change their current plans, there will be fewer GT 350 (2011: ~200 & 2012: 350) produced than KR's.

CHICAGO – Feb. 9, 2011 – Shelby American, a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (CSBI:PK) today introduced the limited edition 2012 Shelby GT350 during the Chicago Auto Show, being held at the McCormick Place complex. A convertible, the first since 1970, and two new body colors (red and blue) will be options for the 2012 model year. In addition, a limited production of 350 total 2012 Shelby GT350s will be built.

No matter how many 350's produced, they are awesome cars.

Actually, if Shelby does not change their current plans, there will be fewer GT 350 (2011: ~200 & 2012: 350) produced than KR's.

CHICAGO – Feb. 9, 2011 – Shelby American, a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (CSBI:PK) today introduced the limited edition 2012 Shelby GT350 during the Chicago Auto Show, being held at the McCormick Place complex. A convertible, the first since 1970, and two new body colors (red and blue) will be options for the 2012 model year. In addition, a limited production of 350 total 2012 Shelby GT350s will be built.

No matter how many 350's produced, they are awesome cars.

Shelby only sold 170 gt350's in 2011. I dont think they will get 2200 cars built and sold. By far there will be fewer 350's. In my opinion the 350 will be worth more than a KR. Both cars are badass, so im not saying that one is better than another.

Kris

One month from my delivery and I am still getting up early to go out and look at it.

Even my hybrid driving co-workers are still talking about it.

I am one of the rare daily driver Shelby owners. Everyday when I pull into the parking lot, someone is waiting to admire and talk cars. Amazing!

I know what you mean. I have had my 65' for 5 years, I drive it every day. People admire mine evey day. I'm in aw every day I see her. Then she breaks down and I think " aw s#@t " . I then fix her and I am back at aw again. Owning a car can be very emotional. Gota love it. I've seen Mikes 350 in person. I would pick the 350 over the KR any day.

GT350 for a KR...

I'd take one of each, thank you.

They're completely different animals, but both great Shelby's!!!

Aren't we lucky that we even have the choice???

what will shelby build next?

Well thats why there are more then one flavor of Shelby. Everyone likes something different. I wouldn't trade the KR for a GT350. No way... for many reasons. Buy what you like and makes you happy.

It just looks like all three will be in my future. Love the looks of the KR, love my 40th vert as it is my first Shelby, and will enjoy the GT350 (if it ever comes). Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Hey, they are all great cars and special in many ways over the standard Mustangs and even when compared to Saleen and Roush IMHO. Each Shelby model is different and offers something different from the other. Thats what makes it interesting, exciting and fun.

Hey, they are all great cars and special in many ways over the standard Mustangs and even when compared to Saleen and Roush IMHO. Each Shelby model is different and offers something different from the other. Thats what makes it interesting, exciting and fun.

If it says shelby, it is badass..... End of story.

Kris

Archived