TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake floor mats

Last fall I ordered a set of spare Super Snake mats for my car during one of the 15% off sales at SPP. I had to provide proof of ownership to purchase these mats.

Here is what was originallly part of my Super Snake build...........

005-2.jpg

Here is what was sent last fall............

006.jpg

Both mats shown above are a 3pc. kit including the trunk mat specific to Shaker or non-Shaker.

Has the mat design changed?

I also see these mats on eBay, a third design.............

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-11-Mustang-Shelby-GT500-Super-Snake-NOS-Floor-Mats-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem415868f7adQQitemZ280656148397QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

What mat design is currently part of the Super Snake conversion?

R

Last fall I ordered a set of spare Super Snake mats for my car during one of the 15% off sales at SPP. I had to provide proof of ownership to purchase these mats.

Here is what was originallly part of my Super Snake build...........

005-2.jpg

Here is what was sent last fall............

006.jpg

Both mats shown above are a 3pc. kit including the trunk mat specific to Shaker or non-Shaker.

Has the mat design changed?

I also see these mats on eBay, a third design.............

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sQ5fAccessories

What mat design is currently part of the Super Snake conversion?

R

Robert, I have the 1st style mats that you have. I like them the best. The ones you see on ebay look like knock offs to me.

BJ

The one's listed on ebay were the very first design. We (SS owners) all complained.

The mats with Carroll Shelby signature were the second design. = Now included in the SS package.

http://www.teamshelb...086#entry519086

The third alternate design, (matching SS badging) NOT included in the SS package, can and only be ordered through the Shelby Store.

I like the third alternate design, I ordered a set.

The one's listed on ebay were the very first design. We (SS owners) all complained.

The mats with Carroll Shelby signature were the second design. = Now included in the SS package.

http://www.teamshelb...086#entry519086

The third alternate design, (matching SS badging) NOT included in the SS package, can and only be ordered through the Shelby Store.

I like the third alternate design, I ordered a set.

I see the link you provided above, but that is from back in 2008 when Bud was there. The mats he showed are still the current production Super Snake mats? <<If so, that is great, but I wonder why the mats in the second picture (3rd design with matching SS badging) are offered? Why spend $$$ to have another set of Super Snake mats designed? Also, does this mean that the original mats as shown in the first picture are "one time only" and all replacements are the SS badged looking mats?

I too like the 3rd alternate design, they go best with the Super Snake upgrade interior.

R

I specifically requested the 3rd alternate design to be included with my SS package when my GT500 was converted.

I was told the 3rd alternate design was only available through the Shelby Store at an additional cost.

I received the second design, the same mats you have in your first picture with the Carroll Shelby signature.

I specifically requested the 3rd alternate design to be included with my SS package when my GT500 was converted.

I was told the 3rd alternate design was only available through the Shelby Store at an additional cost.

I received the second design, the same mats you have in your first picture with the Carroll Shelby signature.

So then back to the question, is the signature SS set a one time only set and not available except as part of the original SS conversion? If so, I am glad I have protected mine with the OEM mat on top.

R

On both of my Super Snakes I got the second set you show in the pictures, never saw the first set.

JT

JT - So you received the mats shown below with both of your Super Snake builds? How long ago was your build?

006.jpg

R

Where did you get the black ball shifter with super snake on it

Rob

Rob - That Super Snake shifter knob is a one-off, rare prototype knob that was originally planned for the build, but in the end not.............................JUST KIDDING!!

I had Grabber Pony make it for me. I wanted a nice/unique knob that did not become the center piece of the interior. That is why I chose Black over White (or any other color), I wanted a nice look, but not a focal point when someone looks in my car at a car show.

Picture1711-1.jpg

Picture1716-1.jpg

Picture1714-1.jpg

R

Wow. I got my SS mats from Shelby super fast, 12 days.

On a scale of 1 to 10 and 10 being the very best.

Original Ford GT500 stock factory mats = 6

Lloyd mats = 9

Super Snake mats from Shelby = 8.

The Lloyd mats are really nice, a very dark black and super plush and longer, I got the Lloyd mats when I first got my GT500.

The optional SS mats from the Shelby Store, are nice, nicer than stock, lighter black than Lloyd.

LLoyd Mats does NOT make the Shelby Super Snake mats, it is obvious, however, no manufacturing labeling anywhere.

Generic plain cardboard box.

On the driver side Lloyd mat, it does not have a provision for my Shelby dead pedal, so, I just cut the carpet.

I have to shrink the pics to post, I will have to do this later.

Rob - That Super Snake shifter knob is a one-off, rare prototype knob that was originally planned for the build, but in the end not.............................JUST KIDDING!!

I had Grabber Pony make it for me. I wanted a nice/unique knob that did not become the center piece of the interior. That is why I chose Black over White (or any other color), I wanted a nice look, but not a focal point when someone looks in my car at a car show.

Picture1711-1.jpg

Picture1716-1.jpg

Picture1714-1.jpg

R

I just bought the white one with the ss stripes, but really like yours

Rob

I just bought the white one with the ss stripes, but really like yours

Rob

I have that one also, from SPP. I bought it a few months ago just to have one, but I like the look of the Grabber Pony ball better, it is "subtle cool".

Grabber Pony also has two different diameter's depending upon the user hand size, the ball in my car is the larger size, it is a nice fit for my hand.

R

• 4 months later...

Im hoping someone can clear this up for me. I believe there are actually 3 designs that were used on-the 05-09 SS floor mats/trunk mats, 2 production and 1 accessory from SAI.

I noticed his early production sig/snake design on 07SS0012

post-31184-0-30289500-1316748313_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure how many like this early style were used but I have seen them in on a few others cars.

The second production floor mat design used on the majority of cars I've seen is this sig/ full name version.

post-31184-0-44587700-1316748473_thumb.jpg

This brings us to the optional / shop only version that had very late availibilty. I've never seen this one before (until I read this thread).

post-31184-0-60218400-1316748825_thumb.jpg

Im hoping someone can clear this up for me. I believe there are actually 3 designs that were used on-the 05-09 SS floor mats/trunk mats, 2 production and 1 accessory from SAI.

I'm not sure how many like this early style were used but I have seen them in on a few others cars.

The second production floor mat design used on the majority of cars I've seen is this sig/ full name version.

This brings us to the optional / shop only version that had very late availibilty. I've never seen this one before (until I read this thread).

Rich - I have never seen any Super Snake conversion floor mats that didn't at least say "Super Snake". The 07-09 SS brochure says "Shelby 3 piece mat set". Could generic Shelby sig. mats been placed in a Super Snake because at the time of build the correct mats were on back order? don't know.............possibly?

I'm not sure, but I believe when Michael first posted pictures of his 07 SS, very early build, #4 or #6 or something................it had the mats shown in the second picture, I think? It has been a while.

If you are the original owner of your SS, and you received it from SA that way.................it is, what it is.

Rich, then again you may be right, the earliest cars may have had generic Shelby mats and the vendor was behind schedule on Super Snake mat production...........

Not to "muddy the water", but here is another Shelby example of an SS mat. "Supposedly" these were the mats planned for the Super Snake before production began, but the design was not used and the examples that were produced are now being sold. "Possibly" between the original mat shown below, and the mat shown in your second picture there were no SS mats for SS production so the cars got generic mats?

001-6.jpg

003-4.jpg

R

Picture1711-1.jpg

Picture1716-1.jpg

Picture1714-1.jpg

R

Do you know if they stopped making them, I just tried to order one and stated that they are out of stock and didn"t know if they were continuing production???

I picked up my Super Snake on 5-21-2008 and I have the mats as pictured in the 1st pic. Was told that the Super Snake logo'd mats were not ready yet with no expected date.

I picked up my Super Snake on 5-21-2008 and I have the mats as pictured in the 1st pic. Was told that the Super Snake logo'd mats were not ready yet with no expected date.

Wow, I wouldn't have expected that first style sig/snake to be used as far into production as May 08. I wonder how much further in the year they continued to use this first style?

Robert M,

Thanks for your input. With 4 mat logos now in the picture restoring or judging these car in the future could be challenging in addition to the other differences. I'm assuming the 3rd style would be considered optional on the '09 model year and your added 4th style will not be considered production but rather an accessory offering for the 09 year as well. Does this sound correct?

Rich

Wow, I wouldn't have expected that first style sig/snake to be used as far into production as May 08. I wonder how much further in the year they continued to use this first style?

Robert M,

Thanks for your input. With 4 mat logos now in the picture restoring or judging these car in the future could be challenging in addition to the other differences. I'm assuming the 3rd style would be considered optional on the '09 model year and your added 4th style will not be considered production but rather an accessory offering for the 09 year as well. Does this sound correct?

Rich

Rich - From what I have read, this "first design" mat as shown below was originally planned for the Super Snake, but when it came down to production time, it was decided that it was too plain. These mats were then sold to whoever would buy them. I think Champion Mustang has 90+ sets.

Possible "first design"...........................

001-6.jpg

^^^As a side note, the mat shown above does not include a trunk mat and I have been told that there are no trunk mats available in this style.

Then came the Super Snake production and the vendor did not have the second design mats ready as mentioned, so the production Super Snakes got the generic Shelby mats.

Then the most common design was ready and the production Super Snakes began to receive the much anticipated "Super Snake" mats, this is maybe the "second design"?....................

005-2.jpg

I have been unable to verify what mat design is currently being installed in the production Super Snake. Is it the "second design"? or is it something like the third mat set that I received last year after providing my CSM build number?...................

Possible "third design"..............................

006.jpg

^^^If this is what is currently installed during the conversion, when was this running change made?

R

^^

Robert,

Thanks for your patience and clarification on the order of the 07-09 SS floor mats. I was a bit slow on the intake but I've got it now.

:beerchug:

Regarding the 2010-11 SS mats other than photos posted here by SAI, I have seen few pictures of this newer body style in the SS package.

If you find out please share the info here. I'll do the same with anything I come across.

Keep in mind that SAI didn't actually start building the Super Snakes to fill orders until approx. Feb '08. I was out to Vegas the last week of Jan '08 and there was some uncertainty if mine would be ready in May to pick up. Needless to say Bud fulfilled all his promises and the car was ready as planned! Kuddos to Bud even though he has moved on from SAI.

^^

Robert,

Thanks for your patience and clarification on the order of the 07-09 SS floor mats. I was a bit slow on the intake but I've got it now.

:beerchug:

Regarding the 2010-11 SS mats other than photos posted here by SAI, I have seen few pictures of this newer body style in the SS package.

If you find out please share the info here. I'll do the same with anything I come across.

The mats and time line that I mentioned above is only a guess.

If the current 10/11 Super Snake mats are not the "second design", my guess is that they would also be different in the current 07-09 SS builds, but I have not seen any evidence that the mats have changed, just the "third design" mats that I received when I ordered a spare set for my SS. These mats were only sold to me after I provided my CSM which led me to believe that something had changed in SS production. I didn't think that SA would stock two different sets of SS mats requiring CSM number for purchase, one for the original build, and another for replacement purchase, but I could be wrong............

R

The mats and time line that I mentioned above is only a guess.

If the current 10/11 Super Snake mats are not the "second design", my guess is that they would also be different in the current 07-09 SS builds, but I have not seen any evidence that the mats have changed, just the "third design" mats that I received when I ordered a spare set for my SS. These mats were only sold to me after I provided my CSM which led me to believe that something had changed in SS production. I didn't think that SA would stock two different sets of SS mats requiring CSM number for purchase, one for the original build, and another for replacement purchase, but I could be wrong............

R

I have a 2011 Super Snake with the "second design" mats. 11SS0037 completed Jan. 2011.

I have a 2011 Super Snake with the "second design" mats. 11SS0037 completed Jan. 2011.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Thank you.

So maybe the "second design" is still current. I like the third design because it complements the Shelby Upgrade Interior package, and I like the "first design" because it complements my shifter ball..............Too many mat choices!!

I put my original second design mats away as soon as I realized that I did not receive the second design as a spare set. This leads me to believe that there are no "seconds" on those mats, if they get soiled/stained, the replacements from SPP will not be like the second design originals.

R

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Thank you.

So maybe the "second design" is still current. I like the third design because it complements the Shelby Upgrade Interior package, and I like the "first design" because it complements my shifter ball..............Too many mat choices!!

I put my original second design mats away as soon as I realized that I did not receive the second design as a spare set. This leads me to believe that there are no "seconds" on those mats, if they get soiled/stained, the replacements from SPP will not be like the second design originals.

R

Putting away your original mats will prove to be a very wise move!

(I always order a second set of mats on my new cars, as it is the first place to show wear, even on on show vehicle).

Rich - I have never seen any Super Snake conversion floor mats that didn't at least say "Super Snake". The 07-09 SS brochure says "Shelby 3 piece mat set". Could generic Shelby sig. mats been placed in a Super Snake because at the time of build the correct mats were on back order? don't know.............possibly?

I'm not sure, but I believe when Michael first posted pictures of his 07 SS, very early build, #4 or #6 or something................it had the mats shown in the second picture, I think? It has been a while.

If you are the original owner of your SS, and you received it from SA that way.................it is, what it is.

Rich, then again you may be right, the earliest cars may have had generic Shelby mats and the vendor was behind schedule on Super Snake mat production...........

Not to "muddy the water", but here is another Shelby example of an SS mat. "Supposedly" these were the mats planned for the Super Snake before production began, but the design was not used and the examples that were produced are now being sold. "Possibly" between the original mat shown below, and the mat shown in your second picture there were no SS mats for SS production so the cars got generic mats?

R

Robert - FYI - I have 07SS0057 that was converted in June 2008 and it came with the floor mats in the first picture. If I remember right, these were sent to me after I had my car back home. Anyway, this is good information.

Robert - FYI - I have 07SS0057 that was converted in June 2008 and it came with the floor mats in the first picture. If I remember right, these were sent to me after I had my car back home. Anyway, this is good information.

I didn't receive floor mats with mine either with a build date of Feb. 2009. Bud sent me my mats after the fact, and they were the second design.

R

Putting away your original mats will prove to be a very wise move!

(I always order a second set of mats on my new cars, as it is the first place to show wear, even on on show vehicle).

Cai is a tSAI being converted to SS I sent them an email today to find out what floor mats they are using and here is their answer.

untitled.bmp

untitled.bmp

Archived