TEAM SHELBY FORUM

fuel gauge inoperative

bruces

Decided to bring my GLHS back into service after 10 years even storing it correctly I had issues took me about two weeks only things I cant make work is fuel gauge stays on empty checked sending unit it is ok any ideas? I tell you one thing sIll never store it that long again!!! car has only 7000 mies on a 24 year old car, looks great again!!!!

I have the same problem with mine.

Glad to hear you had your's out for a spin!

Interesting that you have same problem, I suspect the gauge but am afraid parts will be issue so I will make sure I keep fuel filled. Forgot how much fun this car is it has better quality than my 07 SGT these stripes are original and they are in excellent shape! I checked fuel sending unit etc sent for shop manual if I figure it out Ill pm you Bruce

If my memory serves me correct, I reflowed the solder on the gauge cluster when I first bought the car, so I had assumed the issue was my sending unit! I never bothered to look into further than that, I just always made sure the tank was full. I'm planning on replacing the fuel pump soon, so had planned to replace the sending unit while I had the tank out. It will be interesting to see if that fixes the problem now!

Archived