TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cruisin Concepts

wanted2b

I'm curious if anyone has dealt with Cruizin Concepts?? Somewhere I was looking at reviews and people are saying beware of them. I'm looking for a set of wheels and tires to put on the 2012 when it gets here. I want the factory wheels and tires to have no miles on them for later. NT555Rs and Foose legend wheels. Their prices are great, but some say their customer service isn't. Thanks for any info you might provide.

Got my wheels and tires with no complaints. Remember, the Alcoa's are usually back ordered and take over a month to get. Make your deposit to get on the list and they will call you when they arrive. Everything shipped w/excellent packaging etc. and arrived safely. Very happy with the transaction.

I purchased a set of wheels and tires from them and was not quite as happy as the other posters. I had a little difficulty getting a straight answer on the shipping date and then they sent the wrong size tires. I ordered staggered tire size 245 front 285 rear and they shipped 245 on all 4. They were willing to fix the issue but they charged me for the 285s not what they shipped. In the end they refunded the difference in price. The other options they offered was I send the wheels back and they would mount the right size tire and ship then back. So to sum up the experience they got it done but they won't be my 1st choice in the future. Just my 2 cents.

I won't be using them again either. I bought my Alcoa's from them, picked them up loacally, (on the way to my parents' house in north GA). They had them in stock and I got a really good price.

About 6 weeks later one of the Toyo tires developed a bulge in the sidewall. After hours on the phone with them - nothing was ever done and I have since given up. The tire is performing ok, even with

the bulge. I really thought customer service sucked a big one!.

C- rating.

Mike

I won't be using them again either. I bought my Alcoa's from them, picked them up loacally, (on the way to my parents' house in north GA). They had them in stock and I got a really good price.

About 6 weeks later one of the Toyo tires developed a bulge in the sidewall. After hours on the phone with them - nothing was ever done and I have since given up. The tire is performing ok, even with

the bulge. I really thought customer service sucked a big one!.

C- rating.

Mike

Try going to an authorized Toyo tire dealer.They will/should help you with any warranty concerns with your tire.

not real sure if I will end up ordering from them in the future......placed an order for wheels & tires(over $2k), and was told wheels were back-ordered 2-3 weeks. Placed the order thinking when wheels & tires were "in stock" & available to ship, my cc would be charged, however the "full" amount was charged on my card the day I ordered. Not really happy with this "company policy" so I cancelled for now(hoping the cc refund goes thru quickly as promised).......I must admit though, they do have very good prices*_*

I purchased from CC about a year ago prior to buying my Shelby and the guys I worked with were great and really seemed to know my car which was important for me. Purchase went smooth then and I have dealt with them and I also recently dealt with Shelby Store online and they were pretty good too. Only drag with the Shelby Store is that every time I go on the website and then call them they have discontinued a product I've been interested in. I heard that Shelby moved facilities and that they don't make allot of things they use too.

Thanks for this info, 5spd.....really didnt get a "warm fuzzy feeling" when they slammed my cc so quickly....+1

UPDATE: they're trying to hit me with a 5% "processing" fee because I cancelled my order(less than 24 hrs later), and only cancelled because they charged my card immediately when the wheels were back-ordered "at least" 2 weeks.......I wont be giving them any more of my $$$, and would suggest you guys be "very careful" b4 you give them your c/c info. just a little "heads up" :mad:

UPDATE: they're trying to hit me with a 5% "processing" fee because I cancelled my order(less than 24 hrs later), and only cancelled because they charged my card immediately when the wheels were back-ordered "at least" 2 weeks.......I wont be giving them any more of my $$$, and would suggest you guys be "very careful" b4 you give them your c/c info. just a little "heads up" :mad:

I can insure you get a credit for the 5% processing fee and I informed you of this by phone. We already covered this but I sincerely didn't know you didn't want your card charged after putting an order in with me specifically as a pre-order for CS40's. Had I known you didn't want to pay anything until they came back in stock, we would have never even requested your card information. Furthermore, I certainly wanted to make sure that we gave you the 5% back. Even though our policy has the 5% I arranged to have this given back to you ordered them again upon coming back in stock.

I didn't want to lose your business over running the card and we even refunded the card almost immediately upon you asking to cancel the order. I tried to tell you by phone that the only reason we charge a processing fee on orders over a certain amount was due to us having to pay a credit card processing fee to run the card and the same fee again to refund the card. You even informed me by phone that the only reason you were canceling the order was because we ran your card for the pre-order. We typically do this because of the value of the items and the fact that we would lose thousands as the retailer if we accidentally made a mistake and shipped something without payment. Consequently if we did process this way and made a mistake there are many people that would take the products as charity. Its much easier if everything your shipping is not having to be ran as its being shipped. Your essentially doing everything twice being that you would be getting the card and running as the item is going out the door. Some companies may process orders this way but for us its risky and we obviously aren't going to charge someone and keep there money without a product. We've been around for some time and sold many, many, many sets of Shelby wheels to people on Team Shelby forums and have never charged someone for wheels they didn't get. There have been plenty of Shelby back-orders over the past few years mostly due to bad production policies by Shelby but we always fulfill the order when possible. I didn't want you to lose anything and I was trying to tell you that if you were going to reorder the wheels anyway when back in stock we would give you the 5% right back, no questions.

Again I'm sorry for the miss communication or lack of I guess, but I sincerely didn't know you wanted the order put in without being charged anything. We reviewed the actual call between you and I after you complained about being charged and canceled because of it and no where in the conversations was this made aware to me. Had I known this we would never have had this problem. I'm happy to help in any way I can and it was a pleasure speaking with you and I didn't want to get into a predicament such as we did. Ultimately I have allot of work in your account between insuring that your order was processed and then insuring everything was reverted.

Greg

I can insure you get a credit for the 5% processing fee and I informed you of this by phone. We already covered this but I sincerely didn't know you didn't want your card charged after putting an order in with me specifically as a pre-order for CS40's. Had I known you didn't want to pay anything until they came back in stock, we would have never even requested your card information. Furthermore, I certainly wanted to make sure that we gave you the 5% back. Even though our policy has the 5% I arranged to have this given back to you ordered them again upon coming back in stock.

I didn't want to lose your business over running the card and we even refunded the card almost immediately upon you asking to cancel the order. I tried to tell you by phone that the only reason we charge a processing fee on orders over a certain amount was due to us having to pay a credit card processing fee to run the card and the same fee again to refund the card. You even informed me by phone that the only reason you were canceling the order was because we ran your card for the pre-order. We typically do this because of the value of the items and the fact that we would lose thousands as the retailer if we accidentally made a mistake and shipped something without payment. Consequently if we did process this way and made a mistake there are many people that would take the products as charity. Its much easier if everything your shipping is not having to be ran as its being shipped. Your essentially doing everything twice being that you would be getting the card and running as the item is going out the door. Some companies may process orders this way but for us its risky and we obviously aren't going to charge someone and keep there money without a product. We've been around for some time and sold many, many, many sets of Shelby wheels to people on Team Shelby forums and have never charged someone for wheels they didn't get. There have been plenty of Shelby back-orders over the past few years mostly due to bad production policies by Shelby but we always fulfill the order when possible. I didn't want you to lose anything and I was trying to tell you that if you were going to reorder the wheels anyway when back in stock we would give you the 5% right back, no questions.

Again I'm sorry for the miss communication or lack of I guess, but I sincerely didn't know you wanted the order put in without being charged anything. We reviewed the actual call between you and I after you complained about being charged and canceled because of it and no where in the conversations was this made aware to me. Had I known this we would never have had this problem. I'm happy to help in any way I can and it was a pleasure speaking with you and I didn't want to get into a predicament such as we did. Ultimately I have allot of work in your account between insuring that your order was processed and then insuring everything was reverted.

Greg

Thanks for the reply....I agree, you were helpful & the prices were very good, just was not happy with the pre-payment & even less happy with the 5%. I understand it would have been credited back on a future order, but I am just not satisfied with the "pre-payment" or the "discussion' needed to get my full refund immediately. It all just gives me "food for thought" b4 I get involved with a large purchase thru your company in the future after what I went thru just cancelling an order after less than 24 hours. For me(maybe not others), its just way too much money to pay up front, weeks b4 the wheels ever arrive, or are even in stock. Has your company ever considered a "deposit"/% of total sale"?? Seems to me that would be a little more reasonable......(IMO)

Thanks for the reply....I agree, you were helpful & the prices were very good, just was not happy with the pre-payment & even less happy with the 5%. I understand it would have been credited back on a future order, but I am just not satisfied with the "pre-payment" or the "discussion' needed to get my full refund immediately. It all just gives me "food for thought" b4 I get involved with a large purchase thru your company in the future after what I went thru just cancelling an order after less than 24 hours. For me(maybe not others), its just way too much money to pay up front, weeks b4 the wheels ever arrive, or are even in stock. Has your company ever considered a "deposit"/% of total sale"?? Seems to me that would be a little more reasonable......(IMO)

That would be a good option.

As a rule of thumb we do require the customer pre-pay. However on Shelby wheel and tire packages that are back-ordered and/or are simply out of stock for several weeks we can hold the items with 15% down. This would also hold any tire sizes that might be on the order as well, which does keep you from tying up the entire order total. In our point of sale system we basically have to go in and make it look similar to a layaway down payment even though its not. This does allow a customer to reserve the package though with the money down option. Only small catch to this option is that orders like this have a slight delay due to processing. In such cases all cleared orders will ship first sequentially and we then processes all of the other open orders with a remaining balance. In your case we were only looking at about 2 weeks or so opposed to some Super Snake shipments which have taken on occasions 2 months. As a side note, we provided your refund in full and put the 5% on a separate blank order. I haven't even bothered sending that to you as I'm trying to avoid the whole thing all-together. I planned on giving you a ring or dropping you an email when they came back in stock anyway just in case. That way you at least had the option of picking them up at a good price while on hand at our facility ready to go.

All is good though and we would value your business and I didn't want to jeopardize having that. In the event you need anything or you change your mind on the CS40's, you can always contact me after they come in and I can see what I can do for you on the pricing. My direct extension is 602 and I also have voicemail if you need to leave me a message. We are competitively priced, but we do want to provide our best service and also a price you can live with. If you have any questions or need anything at all, including technical questions you can reach me at my extension.

Greg

I just bought a set of Super Snake alcoa wheels with tpms and Toyo tires from Cruizin Concepts. I'm having one he'll of a time getting them balanced. I've had it done three times now with no luck I still have a sided to side vibration in the steering wheel. I've even had my GT500 align and the front end checked and everything was fine. They even been road force balanced twice. Cruizin Concepts doesn't want to help much at all. There solution is to ship them back at a cost of $1000 bucks to me. Does any one know why this vibration would keep persisting. Is it a defective tire or rim. Any help would be great. My GT500 is my life.

I just bought a set of Super Snake alcoa wheels with tpms and Toyo tires from Cruizin Concepts. I'm having one he'll of a time getting them balanced. I've had it done three times now with no luck I still have a sided to side vibration in the steering wheel. I've even had my GT500 align and the front end checked and everything was fine. They even been road force balanced twice. Cruizin Concepts doesn't want to help much at all. There solution is to ship them back at a cost of $1000 bucks to me. Does any one know why this vibration would keep persisting. Is it a defective tire or rim. Any help would be great. My GT500 is my life.

If you have not removed the little retaining clip off the wheel stud do it and that should take care of your problem. The factory wheels are recessed to account for the clip and most aftermarket wheels are not. There is i retaining clip per hub, looks like a washer and will not allow your wheel to sit flush. Hope that helps.

Fraz if you had them roadforce balanced they should be able to tell if you have a bad wheel or tire. This is why most tire places sell tires and wheels with free moounting and balancing, been there done that its a pain in the a$$ . Good luck with the wheels and tires.

Thanks Tom

most likely a "bad" tire....u need to track down the "problem" wheel/tire & start narrowing down the EXACT problem, since I'm sure its not all the wheels & tires...good luck...this is one of my fears of doing wheel/tire business thru the internet, thousands of dollars & not being happy.....

• 4 months later...

I just pulled the trigger on a set of 20 Alcoa's and Nitto 555's. Wheels are purchased directly from Shelby and are in shipment. Ill post up my the results when I get them installed and road tested. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good experience.

I just pulled the trigger on a set of 20 Alcoa's and Nitto 555's. Wheels are purchased directly from Shelby and are in shipment. Ill post up my the results when I get them installed and road tested. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good experience.

Got the Alcoas yesterday, (Wow) they are gorgious, Just wasnt happy with the 30 aspect ratio on the rear tires so I opted to send them back for a set of 255/35ZR-20 &

295/35ZR-20 Nitto Invos.

Heres what the 555 look like.

They were extremely helpful and processed my return ASAP. they get an A++ for customer service.

post-26299-0-30175000-1317256073_thumb.jpg

post-26299-0-30175000-1317256073_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Got the Alcoas yesterday, (Wow) they are gorgious, Just wasnt happy with the 30 aspect ratio on the rear tires so I opted to send them back for a set of 255/35ZR-20 &

295/35ZR-20 Nitto Invos.

Heres what the 555 look like.

They were extremely helpful and processed my return ASAP. they get an A++ for customer service.

[/qu

Ordered a set of black powder coated 20x10's (4), I received 2 20x9's & 2 20x10's when I called they told me your order invoice stated 2 20x10's & 2 20x9's I explained I called back in after I received the invoice and they told me it was correct in their system & that I would get 4 20x10's and there wasn't a concern. Well I didn't here is the issue, they sent me all 4 wheels in the same part number box, their part number is for 20x10's. I explained that one of the wheels were shipped without the rim guard and the wheel was damaged, now I have to send it back. I asked for the other 2 20x10's to be shipped free of charge and naturally I not only have to pay to send the 9's back I have to pay to have the 10's resent, what a crock of sh*t. Their customer service is horrible as long as people keep buying from them they will continue to do what they do. I am a Service Director for a Large import dealer and if I treated customers this way we would be out of business. I am sending the 9's out to be widened to 11.75 the extra cost is an additional $100 due to additional material being needed when I asked them to cover the additional cost they refused. Still waiting for the return of the other 20x10 will keep you posted.

• 1 month later...

They just screwed me a big time. I received three days ago CS70 with Toyo PROXES4. They were mounted. I love the way it looks. Filled with nitrogen and I got a message saying DEFAULT TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR. I contacted cc and they said that the TPMS was not installed. They quoted and I paid for it so they forgot o have them installed it!

What a worst service..............first and last time that I get something from them!!

post-33685-0-51112800-1322844495_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-94247400-1322844604_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-86588200-1322844698_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-51112800-1322844495_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-94247400-1322844604_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-86588200-1322844698_thumb.jpg

Archived