TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gas hood supports

Click here for the best dang hood lifts on the market (Redline Tuning).

I've used these on my last two Mustangs. This was the first thing I changed on my 2007 Mustang GT. A must-have for every Mustang.

Took me about 20 minutes to install (I have a rivet gun), and the installed look is so clean compared to the other kits that use bulky brackets. Sure, the bulky brackets mean you can use existing holes in the hood, but wouldn't you rather drill a couple holes, and install a much better looking piece that looks factory installed?!?!

Anybody know of a after market gas hood support. Want to get rid of the prop rod.

Welcome to the forum lbfdengineer

glad you found us

I used the Steeda Hood struts

great fit great product,

search hood struts on this forum, you'll find lots of great options

LW

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Mar 14 2007, 03:44 PM) 114885[/snapback]

I've used these on my last two Mustangs. This was the first thing I changed on my 2007 Mustang GT. A must-have for every Mustang.

Took me about 20 minutes to install (I have a rivet gun), and the installed look is so clean compared to the other kits that use bulky brackets. Sure, the bulky brackets mean you can use existing holes in the hood, but wouldn't you rather drill a couple holes, and install a much better looking piece that looks factory installed?!?!

Look Good! Couldn't bring myself to drill holes. I used the ones from Steeda as well- had them black powdercoated.

I just bought those...I had a note on my door from UPS for the delivery...someone must sign "IN PERSON" for it...what's up with that? I have to go to UPS tomorrow and pick it up myself. I'm going to drive a brown stepvan just to mess with them. :hysterical2:

Hey ice...take notice...it's a "mod" on my car. :hysterical:

Dave

I just bought those...I had a note on my door from UPS for the delivery...someone must sign "IN PERSON" for it...what's up with that? I have to go to UPS tomorrow and pick it up myself. I'm going to drive a brown stepvan just to mess with them. :hysterical2:

Hey ice...take notice...it's a "mod" on my car. :hysterical:

Dave

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Mar 14 2007, 04:44 PM) 114885[/snapback]

Agree.........I bought the 'elite' in ALL BLACK.......(my Shelby is black)

Thanks guys I ordered the Steeda, Didn't want to drill holes. Want to be able to stock the car at any time.

Welcome Ford engineer,

I see you live in my neck of the woods. Good to see another guy in the NW. What kind of ride do you have. Tell us about it. Heres mine.

Welcome Ford engineer,

I see you live in my neck of the woods. Good to see another guy in the NW. What kind of ride do you have. Tell us about it. Heres mine.

Welcome to the FOrum!

Grabber thats a crime...the picture is fuzzy...!

Cheers,

Requis

Welcome Ford engineer,

I've been reading about your arrival. Like it, I wasn't sure about the grabber color but I like it. Mine is Red with white had it since november. We are in Tualatin, OR just joined the Mustang Wranglers car club. The lbfd stands for Long Beach Fire Dept. Retired Engineer. maybe we will see you at some event enjoy your new ride.

lbfdengineer

your in good company for sure in Grabbers neck of the woods. Nice car. Here are some pictures of my hood strut install. I color matched them, in my opinion I didn't want them to stand out. I was impressed with the fit and finish of the Steeda kit. I didn't have to drill any holes and they're tucked in real well. The billet aluminum looks great untouched as well. Install time less than an hour.

hope this helps

post-6683-1173949089_thumb.jpgpost-6683-1173949126_thumb.jpg

LW

post-6683-1173949089_thumb.jpg

post-6683-1173949126_thumb.jpg

5 Oh,

Those look pretty nice. Did you buy the Base, Plus or Elite model?

I went with the stainless steel elites on my 2007 and the 03 Mach 1. I've seen the black basic ones, and they are OK, but I really like the stainless steel look under the hood.

I installed the Redline Elite struts and really like the OEM look. Did not like the tacked on brackets that Steeda uses. Also the polished SS struts look very nice in the engine bay!

P1272160.jpg

I hear you

my rational for color matching so they would blend in. To me the redline struts looked like 2 prop rods instead of the one I wanted to get rid of.

both are good, different and suit individual taste.

lbfdengineer

your in good company for sure in Grabbers neck of the woods. Nice car. Here are some pictures of my hood strut install. I color matched them, in my opinion I didn't want them to stand out. I was impressed with the fit and finish of the Steeda kit. I didn't have to drill any holes and they're tucked in real well. The billet aluminum looks great untouched as well. Install time less than an hour.

hope this helps

post-6683-1173949089_thumb.jpgpost-6683-1173949126_thumb.jpg

LW

Thanks for the pic's I think I made the right decision. Not sure if I will paint them or not.

Thanks for the pic's I think I made the right decision. Not sure if I will paint them or not.

They look great either way

post some pix when you get them installed

good luck

Archived