TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Build status check

blown9350lx

Is there anyone here that can check on my build status they gave me a VIN 1ZVBP8JS3C5223236 several weeks ago I am unable to go to a dealer to check since im here in Iraq and not knowing whats going on is killing me. Thanks in advance

Is there anyone here that can check on my build status they gave me a VIN 1ZVBP8JS3C5223236 several weeks ago I am unable to go to a dealer to check since im here in Iraq and not knowing whats going on is killing me. Thanks in advance

Can you e-mail your deler & ask him if they have a DORA ( dealer order receipt acknowledgement ) if they have this ,your car should have a build date & they can tell you that build date.

blown9350lx,

I just ran your VIN and Ford's computer doesn't recognize the number as shown below. Are you sure it's correct?

ScreenShot017.jpg

Can you e-mail your deler & ask him if they have a DORA ( dealer order receipt acknowledgement ) if they have this ,your car should have a build date & they can tell you that build date.

I emailed them but havent recieved a response.

This is what they sent me

blown9350lx,

You've got a good VIN, but the vehicle apparently isn't in production yet. As stated above, the DORA should have the projected date of production. Good luck and remember to post up some pics when your new Shelby arrives!

This is what they sent me

Whats at the top of that page does it have legend? I see two dates 04/06 & 04/21 Could be April 06 order received & April 21 build (build date can be off a bit if they have production problems (ie suspenson) Your dealer should be able to help & ask him for a copy of the DORA for your records & history.

blown9350lx,

You've got a good VIN, but the vehicle apparently isn't in production yet. As stated above, the DORA should have the projected date of production. Good luck and remember to post up some pics when your new Shelby arrives!

Thanks guys I really appreciate it, I will be here till next year so unfortunately I wont see it but my wife and my brother will be there too accept the vehicle and they will ship it to my garage and of course take alot of pics so I guess I will share what I see to all as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I was checking on my online window sticker and it just came up I was like what. It shows todays date on the bottom of the window sticker does that mean my car is done or that they just generated the window sticker. Just curious cant do much here and also depending on family to pick it up and take it home.

I was checking on my online window sticker and it just came up I was like what. It shows todays date on the bottom of the window sticker does that mean my car is done or that they just generated the window sticker. Just curious cant do much here and also depending on family to pick it up and take it home.

blown9350lx,

Congrats!!! Here is your window sticker. Looks like your 2012 Race Red SVTPP Shelby GT500 w/EP and Cover is scheduled for production on 05/14/2011 (see sequence 1201105143228 in upper left and lower right of sticker).

Note: Sticker may have been loaded today, but will always show the current date when viewed online.

ScreenShot001-2.jpg

blown9350lx,

Congrats!!! Here is your window sticker. Looks like your 2012 Race Red SVTPP Shelby GT500 w/EP and Cover is scheduled for production on 05/14/2011 (see sequence 1201105143228 in upper left and lower right of sticker).

Note: Sticker may have been loaded today, but will always show the current date when viewed online.

ScreenShot001-2.jpg

That is Awesome! im so excited that just made my day. Thanks man.

congrats-glad you picked the fastest color--thaks for your service--you must have a great family thatlll take care of your baby

Well for now I will post the pics I get from the family of the car being put into the garage. Yeah Im lucky to have such a great family that support me. I appreciate you all helping me like I said this just made my day.

Well for now I will post the pics I get from the family of the car being put into the garage. Yeah Im lucky to have such a great family that support me. I appreciate you all helping me like I said this just made my day.

one thing you could ask the dealer and your family is to let YOU break in the supercharger--the car need like 6 continous miles at speed to break in the SC.Of course if theyr drriving it home for you , theyll have to break it in. But if youre having it trailered then they could hold off for you

one thing you could ask the dealer and your family is to let YOU break in the supercharger--the car need like 6 continous miles at speed to break in the SC.Of course if theyr drriving it home for you , theyll have to break it in. But if youre having it trailered then they could hold off for you

The dealer told me all they are going to do is take the car off safe mode or something like that and then I will be having an enclosed transport company to pick it up and deliver it to my home. So it will probably be sitting for months until I arrive in plastic. I told my wife to remove the outer plastic before they store it in my garage so the plastic wont melt on the car in the hot garage.

The dealer told me all they are going to do is take the car off safe mode or something like that and then I will be having an enclosed transport company to pick it up and deliver it to my home. So it will probably be sitting for months until I arrive in plastic. I told my wife to remove the outer plastic before they store it in my garage so the plastic wont melt on the car in the hot garage.

Hey blown,

That is what he is taking about when he says "let You break in the supercharger" Ford puts the car in a "limp" mode for transit purposes. You are really not "breaking in the supercharger" but it will remain in "limp" mode until you drive the car for 6 consecutive miles. The purpose of this is to make sure YOUR car does not get abused by anyone until you drive it for the first time. It is up to you but I would call back the dealer and tell them to leave the car in "safe mode." This way you will know it has not been abused and it really is a very cool thing to press the gas down for the first time and have it make boost!

Since we are talking about the window sticker I'd like to ask those who know about the dates posted to it. Mine says 20114203561 at the top and it has 2011514 at the bottom. Last checked with Ford and they said that it was suppose to be loaded on the rail car this week. Does anyone have any idea.

Since we are talking about the window sticker I'd like to ask those who know about the dates posted to it. Mine says 20114203561 at the top and it has 2011514 at the bottom. Last checked with Ford and they said that it was suppose to be loaded on the rail car this week. Does anyone have any idea.

wanted2b,

Something doesn't look right with those sequences. What's your VIN and I'll take a look.

wanted2b,

Something doesn't look right with those sequences. What's your VIN and I'll take a look.

wanted2b,

I received your PM and checked your VIN (sticker numbers top and bottom matched). Your (black w/red stripe) build at AAI/Flat Rock occurred on or about Wednesday 04/20/2011. If there were no further delays, a striped unit should take 3 to 4 weeks to make it out to the west coast. So I would estimate that you are looking at a delivery later this week or next. Good luck and post up some pics when it arrives!

wanted2b,

I received your PM and checked your VIN (sticker numbers top and bottom matched). Your (black w/red stripe) build at AAI/Flat Rock occurred on or about Wednesday 04/20/2011. If there were no further delays, a striped unit should take 3 to 4 weeks to make it out to the west coast. So I would estimate that you are looking at a delivery later this week or next. Good luck and post up some pics when it arrives!

Thanks for the info. I sure hope it comes this next week. Not real hopeful after what I was told on the 10th. It had not even been loaded on a car. Add 3-4 weeks to that and Hell it won't even be here till June.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived