• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Warren and Sean:

post-9886-0-81814200-1307779137_thumb.jpg

post-9886-0-30876000-1307779138_thumb.jpg

post-9886-0-88004400-1307779138_thumb.jpg

Street Tires as in my signature below....happy%20feet.gif Cheers!

Very nice time Randy !!! I plan at being at Milan Dragway for Weds the 15th's Test n Tune. I will be sporting my GT/SC TO GET SOME SHAKE DOWN RUNS AND WAKE UP MY CHRISTMAS TREE TIMING. N LAUNCH CONTROL. So I look forward to running my car on some new Widen Alcoa's n Nittos street n DR's in back. I wiil be shooting for 1.6 - 1.8 60ft times and around 11.50 - 11.90's. @ 116- 124 Mph.

Drag Racing Rocks !!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Scotty g

Very nice time Randy !!! I plan at being at Milan Dragway for Weds the 15th's Test n Tune. I will be sporting my GT/SC TO GET SOME SHAKE DOWN RUNS AND WAKE UP MY CHRISTMAS TREE TIMING. N LAUNCH CONTROL. So I look forward to running my car on some new Widen Alcoa's n Nittos street n DR's in back. I wiil be shooting for 1.6 - 1.8 60ft times and around 11.50 - 11.90's. @ 116- 124 Mph.

Drag Racing Rocks !!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Scotty g

The times look good. Should I run with my launch control button on or off. I've never tried the car in the quarter mile yet.

Kris

The times look good. Should I run with my launch control button on or off. I've never tried the car in the quarter mile yet.

Kris

HI kris,

I personally never leave my traction control on. What i was reffering to when speaking about my launch control was my own ability to have the car at the right RPM"s when leave the tree and making sure i have the right psi in my rear tires to minimize any loss of traction or wheel spin. I hope this helps ; B.O.L.

Scotty :peelout::peelout::peelout:

Drag Racing Rocks !!! happy feet.gifhappy feet.gif

Scotty g

Rock It!!! I know 11.50 and faster here requires a roll bar...

Rock It!!! I know 11.50 and faster here requires a roll bar...

You know it Randy,

Only two more night / nights before I get some serious tire frying fun and hope that I am not calling AAA to give me n the Stang a ride home. :hysterical:

BALLS TO THE WALL OR BUST !!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Scotty

Kris

If you leave it on you will beat on your motor mounts and brakes...car has traction control no launch control that I know of but may be wrong....the 07's only had traction. Lose lots of air pressure in the rears. For example, on my best pass I was aired down to 26.5 lbs in the rear.

It's really fun Kris and actually a cheap night out....I did 10 runs last Friday for 30 bucks and could have done a few more...super fun, like Golf you're really just playing around with beating your own number no matter who is in the lane next to you, and most folks are very helpful and cool. Really a great time....and when you do a good pass, the rush is awesome...happy%20feet.gif

I went to Milan today at 4pm for Test n Tune my 1st time on a 1/4 mile since Pinks All Out Memphis in 2009" The rain today at Milan Dragway caused safety officials to delay and then final close the track for they were unable to prep the track with it constantly getting rained on. I did get 2 pass down the unprepped 1/4 mile and they were not bad considering I was runing on 20 inch street tires and had not put on the Drag Radials or my Slicks because of the rain. In both of my runs my 60ft times were better than the guys that i had raced and they had drag radials on. I ran in the mid 12's and on a track that was not good. I look forward to many more runs this season with much lower results as I find the right combos for launching.

Additionally, one of the runs I treed the hell out of the guy with a 32/1000 of a sec. reaction time ; not prefect but working on cleaning the rust off and working on driving a new Shelby GT/SC with only

( 5 ) 1/4 mile runs on 3 different sets of tires . That being said, overall it was fun hanging with NMRA Racing Champion Donnie Bowles and some Engineers in The Roush Racing Trailer. Phil where were you ; stuck under one of Jack's cars ?

Here's my time slips and my cars number of 211 for you know who !!! :hysterical:

post-18850-0-05012400-1308180937_thumb.jpg

post-18850-0-26496700-1308180990_thumb.jpg

post-18850-0-63312800-1308181029_thumb.jpg

post-18850-0-05012400-1308180937_thumb.jpg

post-18850-0-26496700-1308180990_thumb.jpg

post-18850-0-63312800-1308181029_thumb.jpg

Well, I have joined the ranks of all you 1st timers on the strip. I finally broke down and went to a test and tune night. I am runnung a KB 2.8 s/c with nitto invo tires and pretty much everything else stock. Now dont laugh at me for my time, I am a nooby to the strip. The best I could muster out of it was an 12.1 @ 124mph. The tree was brutal and no traction. my best 60ft was 2.2. Is that a decent time, I certainly thought 11's were possible with my set up, but I guess I need more traction.

Thats great! Did you have fun?

Im hearing our 60ft should be under 2 seconds, but whatever. some drag radials will help for sure!

Im having fun with my car on the dragstrip and the race tracks....all that matters...

Some people get defensive about having slower cars, so I wont waste a post or argument over what my car does, but I am VERY happy! Its not like Im claiming to be a journalist like some try around here!:hysterical: Just out having fun! Keep it up Firekiller!

Im hearing our 60ft should be under 2 seconds, but whatever. some drag radials will help for sure!

Im having fun with my car on the dragstrip and the race tracks....all that matters...

Some people get defensive about having slower cars, so I wont waste a post or argument over what my car does, but I am VERY happy! Its not like Im claiming to be a journalist like some try around here!:hysterical: Just out having fun! Keep it up Firekiller!

I cant get my gt350 to hook up off the starting line. Has anyone tried leaving in 2nd gear instead of 1st. What tire pressure should I run with the stock tires? I'm also having problems going from 3rd gear into 4th. Maybe my pedal is not working right.. I'm upset because my first night out I got beat bad by a 2012 Boss. What can I do to make my car run better in the 1/4 mile?

Thanks,

Kris

Well, I have joined the ranks of all you 1st timers on the strip. I finally broke down and went to a test and tune night. I am runnung a KB 2.8 s/c with nitto invo tires and pretty much everything else stock. Now dont laugh at me for my time, I am a nooby to the strip. The best I could muster out of it was an 12.1 @ 124mph. The tree was brutal and no traction. my best 60ft was 2.2. Is that a decent time, I certainly thought 11's were possible with my set up, but I guess I need more traction.

First time? Thats pretty cool!

Thanks Dubbs, I had a great time, was a little nervous at first. All I could think about was IF someone else lost control or I lost it and wrinkled the car, then insurance would not pay being on the track. I just hooked up with a local club buddy who was running a 6cyl and ran with him. That way I know I can trust his driving and should be able to get in front without concern of him coming over. I think my next set of tires will be DR's for sure. Hopefully I can get into mid 11's with my rookie skills.

I cant get my gt350 to hook up off the starting line. Has anyone tried leaving in 2nd gear instead of 1st. What tire pressure should I run with the stock tires? I'm also having problems going from 3rd gear into 4th. Maybe my pedal is not working right.. I'm upset because my first night out I got beat bad by a 2012 Boss. What can I do to make my car run better in the 1/4 mile?

Thanks,

Kris

I tried 2nd with NO luck at all ran slower. Try leaving at idle and rolling on the power real real easy but steady....

Mostly just experiment until you find the sweet spot!

Some people get defensive about having slower cars. So were is your time slips speedy Warren or should I just call you crash :hysterical: , so I wont waste a post or argument over what my car does, but I am VERY happy! Its not like Im claiming to be a journalist like some try around here!:hysterical: Just out having fun and running my car and bragging about how fast it is without a time slip and flying out of control and off the track and tearing up the front splitter and other parts on the Las Vegas road course at SAI. Keep it up Firekiller!

I thought Warren that you had learned a lession and was smart enough that you did not want to revisit your purported cars 1/4 mile claims. But with no time slips and car crashing in Vegas issues I would of thought you would keep your mouth closed until you had a time slip to have reason to open your mouth again. I told you before Warren " Put up or shut up ". You are just glutten for punishment and you have no proof of anything except being good at crashing and tearing up your car ; by the way Warren did you set any track or lap records or just tear up your car again going MIA off the track at Mid America. :hysterical: I already told you when you post a time slip of your claims I will be the 1st one to Eat My Words, but until then your claims are B.S. and trying to take a pathetic personal attack at me or my car being slower is a laugher. Good luck Warren for it is going to take you a while before you grow up and you learn when to let sleeping dogs lie.

I thought Warren that you had learned a lession and was smart enough that you did not want to revisit your purported cars 1/4 mile claims. But with no time slips and car crashing in Vegas issues I would of thought you would keep your mouth closed until you had a time slip to have reason to open your mouth again. I told you before Warren " Put up or shut up ". You are just glutten for punishment and you have no proof of anything except being good at crashing and tearing up your car ; by the way Warren did you set any track or lap records or just tear up your car again going MIA off the track at Mid America. :hysterical: I already told you when you post a time slip of your claims I will be the 1st one to Eat My Words, but until then your claims are B.S. and trying to take a pathetic personal attack at me or my car being slower is a laugher. Good luck Warren for it is going to take you a while before you grow up and you learn when to let sleeping dogs lie.

Scotty,

Firekiller above with his GT350 is stating a 12.1 at 124 mph. That is right in there with the speed and time Warren mentioned. According to you this is impossible. Just wondering why you haven't started bashing Firekiller yet about posting his slip?

P.S. with my Hot Rod cams, I lost a 1/2 second and gained 8 mph. Last year I was running 14.50's (at Mile High altitude keep in mind) at 90-92 mph. Now I'm running 15.1's at 100 mph. Just wondering what you're thinking about that situation? Also, this should be remedied soon as it is heading to Vegas for a Paxton. I hate modifications that make you slower!! :) I'm not trying to bust on you at all, it's just that I've been racing for 25 years and I've seen this kind of stuff all the time. No traction with a really fast car can easily net those types of results until the car gets sorted and the traction issues are sorted. Just asking that we can be a bit nicer is all. I know this has gotten out of hand, but I'm sure you're a great guy and I know that Warren is.

Also, after seeing the results, I'm guessing that when Warren gets his car sorted that he will gain traction, gain time into the 11's and lose a bunch of trap speed. I'm guessing that it will end up around 11.70's-11.80's at around 120-125 with DR's. But that's just guessing based on what the car is doing now.

Scotty,

Firekiller above with his GT350 is stating a 12.1 at 124 mph. That is right in there with the speed and time Warren mentioned. According to you this is impossible. Just wondering why you haven't started bashing Firekiller yet about posting his slip?

P.S. with my Hot Rod cams, I lost a 1/2 second and gained 8 mph. Last year I was running 14.50's (at Mile High altitude keep in mind) at 90-92 mph. Now I'm running 15.1's at 100 mph. Just wondering what you're thinking about that situation? Also, this should be remedied soon as it is heading to Vegas for a Paxton. I hate modifications that make you slower!! :) I'm not trying to bust on you at all, it's just that I've been racing for 25 years and I've seen this kind of stuff all the time. No traction with a really fast car can easily net those types of results until the car gets sorted and the traction issues are sorted. Just asking that we can be a bit nicer is all. I know this has gotten out of hand, but I'm sure you're a great guy and I know that Warren is.

Also, after seeing the results, I'm guessing that when Warren gets his car sorted that he will gain traction, gain time into the 11's and lose a bunch of trap speed. I'm guessing that it will end up around 11.70's-11.80's at around 120-125 with DR's. But that's just guessing based on what the car is doing now.

Hi jeff,

I am just defending myself and the fact that Warren had a claimed Trap Speed of 129mph and if you have been Drag Racing for 25yrs you like myself want to see the other guys time slip and that is the bottom line. Additionally, for the record I said that I believe the GT350 could do low 11's , but not wth the story Warren was purporting with 2:20 60ft time and coasting his way thru the Trap Lights and especially at 129 mph n no drag radials. I also stated and used a performance calculator and Warren's car would have to have about 650 rwhp which it does not according to Warrens own dyno pdf to obtain a 129 mph Trap Speed with his 60ft times and coasting at the end of the 1/4 mile. I will also remind everyone that Warren also claimed to have run a low 11 second run ; but had no time slip to prove it and finally admitted he or someone had done this on a dyno simulator. So how do you believe someone that has already stretched the truth and admitted it. That's were it begins and ends and until Warren and others including myself post a time slip the rest is B.S.

ANYONE WHO GOES TO A DRAG STRIP INCLUDING ME ALWAYS KEEPS THEIR TIME SLIPS UNLESS THEY RAN LIKE CRAP AND IN THAT CASE THE SLIP USUALLY ENDS UP IN YOUR ARMREST ALL BALLED UP OR IN THE GARBAGE.

WHAT I AM GETTING AT IS DO NOT TELL EVERYONE HOW GREAT OR FAST YOUR CAR IS IN THE 1/4 MILE UNLESS YOU GOT THE SLIP. :slapfight:

I am sleeping....and I am lying next to my 12.077 slip...;@)

My slips are kept under my pillow so when I think I am dreaming that my car went that fast I can wake myself up and look at my slip and see that it was not a dream.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Hi jeff,

I am just defending myself and the fact that Warren had a claimed Trap Speed of 129mph and if you have been Drag Racing for 25yrs you like myself want to see the other guys time slip and that is the bottom line. Additionally, for the record I said that I believe the GT350 could do low 11's , but not wth the story Warren was purporting with 2:20 60ft time and coasting his way thru the Trap Lights and especially at 129 mph n no drag radials. I also stated and used a performance calculator and Warren's car would have to have about 650 rwhp which it does not according to Warrens own dyno pdf to obtain a 129 mph Trap Speed with his 60ft times and coasting at the end of the 1/4 mile. I will also remind everyone that Warren also claimed to have run a low 11 second run ; but had no time slip to prove it and finally admitted he or someone had done this on a dyno simulator. So how do you believe someone that has already stretched the truth and admitted it. That's were it begins and ends and until Warren and others including myself post a time slip the rest is B.S.

ANYONE WHO GOES TO A DRAG STRIP INCLUDING ME ALWAYS KEEPS THEIR TIME SLIPS UNLESS THEY RAN LIKE CRAP AND IN THAT CASE THE SLIP USUALLY ENDS UP IN YOUR ARMREST ALL BALLED UP OR IN THE GARBAGE.

WHAT I AM GETTING AT IS DO NOT TELL EVERYONE HOW GREAT OR FAST YOUR CAR IS IN THE 1/4 MILE UNLESS YOU GOT THE SLIP. :slapfight:

YAWNNNNNNN.....

Are you still here? Okay Scott....whatever. BTW- As it turns out, where I ran my 129? I spoke with the track manager. They DO keep records, and if you want to bother with proving me a liar....get a copy of my timeslips.... San Antonio Raceway....contact info on the webiste- so do your "journalistic" investigative duty and prove me a liar, or quit flaming me. You have completely firebombed this bridge. I hope it was worth it.

I was Car #37, and it was Wednesday, April 27th...sometime around 8pm- ish. Im sure I have everything to hide if Im bullshitting people here Scott.

And another thing- you werent EVEN AT Hallett. My car never went off the track, and you are a dumb ass. I shoulda known you were crazy as a loon the second you told me some story about owning the Octopussy boat and your house is like 1500 square feet.

Oh, and how is it you own a portable dyno, but dont know the difference between a dynojet and a mustang dyno....if you did, you would know to inflate my mustang dyno numbers and on a dynojet, my numbers would be very close to the 650rwhp you are looking for out of my car....but you dont even know that.

This thread was started by ME, and has nothing to do with the bullshit YOU are trying to start.....Im not here for that. Get a hobby. My car is faster than yours. there...I said it...now move along.

BTW, Did I mention HOW GREAT AND FAST MY CAR IS?!! WooHOO!!!!!!:hysterical:

My car is great!

My car is fast!

uhoh, I just posted an opinion without empirical data.... <looks over shoulder for empirical data police>

EDIT

I just looked at the bottom of the page when I posted this and Scott was already here reading....

I just went into this evil cackled laugh picturing him pacing back and forth with a cup of coffee glaring at his computer and waiting for me to post my response...:hysterical: and there his name was...CLASSIC :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Scotty,

Looks like Firekiller has a 500 with a KB.

Warren and Sean talk tons of smack and pretentious bs but when the get it back Warren says well then I won't post anything about my car at all, and Sean Maks a smg comment about my wife.

Now he's doing it again as he won't post his slip just insinuate how fast his car is, while talking with a big ego. Bottom line is Warren spent a ton of dough on his car and rightfully so, and he wants to think its the fastest coolest SA makes...but the elitist country club demeanor means nada unless you can back your BS.

As Warren is a regional director for TS I think his "confusion" about his simulated time he posted as reality made us all look bad. And continuing his charade of pretention is why I have never been in a car club or involved in show bs...

I'm with Scotty on this post the slip or it never happened.

edit to add warrens name as regional director to clarify.

YAWNNNNNNN.....

Are you still here? Okay Scott....whatever. BTW- As it turns out, where I ran my 129? I spoke with the track manager. They DO keep records, and if you want to bother with proving me a liar....get a copy of my timeslips.... San Antonio Raceway....contact info on the webiste- so do your "journalistic" investigative duty and prove me a liar, or quit flaming me. You have completely firebombed this bridge. I hope it was worth it.

I was Car #37, and it was Wednesday, April 27th...sometime around 8pm- ish. Im sure I have everything to hide if Im bullshitting people here Scott.

And another thing- you werent EVEN AT Hallett. My car never went off the track, and you are a dumb ass. I shoulda known you were crazy as a loon the second you told me some story about owning the Octopussy boat and your house is like 1500 square feet.

Oh, and how is it you own a portable dyno, but dont know the difference between a dynojet and a mustang dyno....if you did, you would know to inflate my mustang dyno numbers and on a dynojet, my numbers would be very close to the 650rwhp you are looking for out of my car....but you dont even know that.

This thread was started by ME, and has nothing to do with the bullshit YOU are trying to start.....Im not here for that. Get a hobby. My car is faster than yours. there...I said it...now move along.

Well Well , Warren I guess you proved my earlier post that you got a long time and a lot of growing up to do. For the record my wife owned the sister ship to the Octopussy called the Mirage you JACK WAGON !!! So you not only need a time slip and to grow up ,but you need to open your ears and shut your big mouth and get your facts straight. Ok. Mr Crash and there are plenty of people at 2011 Shelby Bash that saw your driving skills , a joke , and tear the hell out of the frontend your car when you went off track. So you move along Regional Director of B.S AND EXCUSES FOR NO TIME SLIPS.

I would also be happy to provide you pictures of the Mirage. Later

Just for the record Randy,

I thought the timeslip with the high trap speed was a crappy run...a 12.7 or 12.8 isnt anything to brag about....the thread was to discuss my clutch problem mainly...

And Im not singling out the 350 as being better than all the others...we still have GT500, and a SGT in the family corral. Love them all- but you and Scott act like Im here saying - The SGTs are slow and worthless and the GT350 is the only REAL Shelby, and the GT500s suck too,

but Im not saying anything like that- I said what, that the GT350 is a low 11s car? that it had a crappy run with a trap speed of whatever? Is that really something you need call me names over? You dont know me if you think Im pretentious. Car magazines have called the GT350 the "fastest mustang they have ever tested"....so are they pretentious too.....its the fastest mustang I have ever owned, so what....never once have I stated until just now, my car is faster than yours, and only just posted that to mess with Scott, cuz I know he is loading guns and looking for plane tickets about now, and Im still laughing thinking about it.

Im hardly the guy thats gonna break any records. I can post what I want here...this is the section for GT350s to discuss that....Im not sitting here telling you you cant have an opinion, but its getting to the point where a couple of you are making our area unpleasant.

Dont say it is because Sean said something about your wife...you guys got way personal long before that.....

The mods are going to step in here VERY soon....and I would consider how far you want to carry this before replying in a personal manner.....just saying.

Well Well , Warren I guess you proved my earlier post that you got a long time and a lot of growing up to do. For the record my wife owned the sister ship to the Octopussy called the Mirage you JACK WAGON !!! So you not only need a time slip and to grow up ,but you need to open your ears and shut your big mouth and get your facts straight. Ok. Mr Crash and there are plenty of people at 2011 Shelby Bash that saw your driving skills , a joke , and tear the hell out of the frontend your car when you went off track. So you move along Regional Director of B.S AND EXCUSES FOR NO TIME SLIPS.

I would also be happy to provide you pictures of the Mirage. Later

No, I heard you...I just knew that would get a big rise out of you, and I thought it would be nice to dish it out for once and go on the offensive....its kinda fun...I see why you do it now....you say you have proof, but where is it? I can get stock photos of a boat, but where is YOUR supposed PROOF? :hysterical::slapfight: Hmmm, havent crashed....I did hit a cone, but that wasnt at the bash....I simply spun out at the bash....it happens when you drive around courses WITH turns.....Im sure not something you or your uncle Ted (or whoever he was) know much about. But you werent there either....in fact, you report to know a lot, but know very little about my driving habits and abilities, and I have yet to see you at any venue but your house. You must be quite the talent scout to be able to determine my ability over what you hear secondhand, must be those "journalism skills"....funny also, you take grapevine stories that are wrong as truth without proof, but complain over a crap run time slip...what a joke man. Growing up to do....come on. Now that just makes you sound old....:hysterical:

Archived