TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carlisle Shelby Reunion Reminders

eagledriver

Monday May 2nd is the deadline for pre-registration for Carlisle. By pre-registering not only do you save some $$ but more importantly you get a "gate and go" pass. This pass will allow you to bypass the thousands of other last minute drivers trying to register their cars at the gate. Simply drive right up the TS reunion area and park. It takes about 30 seconds to "gate and go" versus 90-120 minutes by having to wait in the registration line on show morning. While you don't have to pre-register to be a part of the TS reunion it is highly recommended and will give you much better odds at parking in the primary area.

The primary area for TS is first come first parked so..... the quicker you can get in the better chance you have at parking in the reserved area. The backup is still close by but not connected. We will still expect dozens of last minute Shelbys to show up ( it happens EVERY year at Carlisle) and they will still be a part of the display but probably wont get to park with us... So pre-register before May 2nd and be there early.

One more thing: try to enter by gate #1 (right beside the spectator entrance) as that will be the easiest in/out for TS members and is reserved for the TS reunion. If you do enter one of the other gates there will be someone to direct you to us BUT you'll have to fight through the other cars parking on the showfield and that gets tricky each morning. So, remember to look for the spectator entrance and the SAI trailer at gate 1.

Look at the MAP . This is a vendor map but shows the gate layout pretty well. The TS area is in the lower left between gates 1 and 2 . Building G is the Hall of Kings GT500KR display and the TS cars will be parked around that in the primary area. This is the first area of the show and the main spectator entrance. We have a direct entrance from Clay St right in front of the TS area so when you arrive head in that direction and a Carlisle rep will point you to the right area.

I have been asked a lot about the canopy type tents. I 'd say bring them just in case but you most likely will not need them as we will have a club tent to take a break at and with parking being at a premium I don't know how much room we have for the canopies. Bring them if you want to but you may not be able to set them by your car.

Credentials get mailed out 5/3 so expect to see them by no later than 5/10. Anyone else who needs their pre-reg info changed to the TS area please let me know now as this is the last week to do so before things get mailed out.

See you at Carlisle!

Andy

Monday May 2nd is the deadline for pre-registration for Carlisle. By pre-registering not only do you save some $ but more importantly you get a "gate and go" pass. This pass will allow you to bypass the thousands of other last minute drivers trying to register their cars at the gate. Simply drive right up the TS reunion area and park. It takes about 30 seconds to "gate and go" versus 90-120 minutes by having to wait in the registration line on show morning. While you don't have to pre-register to be a part of the TS reunion it is highly recommended and will give you much better odds at parking in the primary area.

The primary area for TS is first come first parked so..... the quicker you can get in the better chance you have at parking in the reserved area. The backup is still close by but not connected. We will still expect dozens of last minute Shelbys to show up ( it happens EVERY year at Carlisle) and they will still be a part of the display but probably wont get to park with us... So pre-register before May 2nd and be there early.

One more thing: try to enter by gate #1 (right beside the spectator entrance) as that will be the easiest in/out for TS members and is reserved for the TS reunion. If you do enter one of the other gates there will be someone to direct you to us BUT you'll have to fight through the other cars parking on the showfield and that gets tricky each morning. So, remember to look for the spectator entrance and the SAI trailer at gate 1.

Look at the MAP . This is a vendor map but shows the gate layout pretty well. The TS area is in the lower left between gates 1 and 2 . Building G is the Hall of Kings GT500KR display and the TS cars will be parked around that in the primary area. This is the first area of the show and the main spectator entrance. We have a direct entrance from Clay St right in front of the TS area so when you arrive head in that direction and a Carlisle rep will point you to the right area.

I have been asked a lot about the canopy type tents. I 'd say bring them just in case but you most likely will not need them as we will have a club tent to take a break at and with parking being at a premium I don't know how much room we have for the canopies. Bring them if you want to but you may not be able to set them by your car.

Credentials get mailed out 5/3 so expect to see them by no later than 5/10. Anyone else who needs their pre-reg info changed to the TS area please let me know now as this is the last week to do so before things get mailed out.

See you at Carlisle!

Andy

Hi Andy-

Where can I reach you via e-mail?

I have my confirmation e-mail from Carlisle Events (from back in January when I registered)... I want to forward to you - to change my reg to the TS variety, and also would like to know how to add the "parade" for the extra $10...

Thx

GUS

Hi Andy-

Where can I reach you via e-mail?

I have my confirmation e-mail from Carlisle Events (from back in January when I registered)... I want to forward to you - to change my reg to the TS variety, and also would like to know how to add the "parade" for the extra $10...

Thx

GUS

Andy is there any way we can check and/or change so we are included in the TS group; I think I pre-registered before we had that option.

My email is aroth28@comcast.net

The easiest way to verify if you are signed up for the TS reunion area and to add any additional services (like the parade) is to call Carlisle directly and ask for Barb at (717) 243-7855. She can update your registration info while on the phone and will add any additional items you want to add. I've been working with her quite a bit and she is friendly and easy to work with in making updates. When you talk to her just tell her that you want your info changed to include the TS reunion.

Please call them ASAP though as the deadline is rapidly approaching. She will need some additional info (such as credit card/plate number, etc...) to add the parade.

Any questions at all please email me and I'll get the answer for you.

Andy

Just Announced VIPs for the Carlisle All Ford Nationals and TS Reunion:

Scheduled to appear are Jim Owens (Mustang Brand Manager), Dave Pericak (Chief Engineer of the Mustang), Craig Patterson (Product Marketing Manager), Lisa Schoder (Ford Focus ST Marketing Manager), Steve Ling (Car Marketing Manager), K.C. Dalia (Ford Focus Brand Manager) and Marc Lapine (F-150 Consumer Marketing Manager) along with Ford Racing executives.

These are the ones we can mention for now ;)

Archived