TEAM SHELBY FORUM

WHEN WILL I GET THE CALL?

My car is going into the 3rd week in production. I was told that it only takes 64 hours to complete. I hope by waiting this long for my car, that shelby has all the bugs worked out. I'm having a hard time sleeping at night because I'm waiting on the call from SA saying your car is ready for pickup. Has SA offered to compensate or give anyone a discount on the options for waiting so long?

Some waited over 15 months. I don't think you can expect a discount, but you can expect an awesome car worth the wait! I feel you though! I put my deposit down before it was even revealed at BJ last January. As a reward of my faith, I did get invited along with a couple others to the BJ reveal and that was an amazing experience. My wife should be given a medal. She was 9 months pregnant at the time and here I was leaving town expecting delivery any moment. I got lucky because my car made it to SA on like the second truck. That put me at the front of the line, and many of my friends that put a deposit down at the same time ended up way behind me. Patience, you wont regret it!

Some waited over 15 months. I don't think you can expect a discount, but you can expect an awesome car worth the wait! I feel you though! I put my deposit down before it was even revealed at BJ last January. As a reward of my faith, I did get invited along with a couple others to the BJ reveal and that was an amazing experience. My wife should be given a medal. She was 9 months pregnant at the time and here I was leaving town expecting delivery any moment. I got lucky because my car made it to SA on like the second truck. That put me at the front of the line, and many of my friends that put a deposit down at the same time ended up way behind me. Patience, you wont regret it!

Thanks for the advice. Have all your concerns with the car been taking care of by SA or have they forgot you know that they got your money? Another question, does the gt-350 sound anything like a old 1989 Mustang with a healthy exhaust system? Stay in touch..

Thanks for the advice. Have all your concerns with the car been taking care of by SA or have they forgot you know that they got your money? Another question, does the gt-350 sound anything like a old 1989 Mustang with a healthy exhaust system? Stay in touch..

Shelby American's customer service is great. They are really happy for those of us lucky enough to get one of these great cars and the quality assurance part of the build is very evident.

The exhaust note on this car makes everyone smile. I have owned just about one of everything over the years and nothing sounds quite like this. full three inch cat back with soup cans for mufflers. Think Cup car with mufflers.

Shelby American's customer service is great. They are really happy for those of us lucky enough to get one of these great cars and the quality assurance part of the build is very evident.

The exhaust note on this car makes everyone smile. I have owned just about one of everything over the years and nothing sounds quite like this. full three inch cat back with soup cans for mufflers. Think Cup car with mufflers.

It sounds like the car is going to be everything I expect. I was considering putting my car up for sale because I lost the excitment from waiting so long. After talking with you, the car will probably never leave my garage. I also have a old 89 mustang gt I bougtht when I was 16, I'll never want to drive it again when I get the gt350. I'll have to pass it down to a child someday..

Archived