TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SVT PP Wheels with Shelby Baer Extreme Rears

Rag Top Day

Just got a set of SVT PP wheels and the 20x9.5 rears hit the Shelby Baer Extreme calipers. Looking for advise and suggestions on a fix. Did a search on spacers and it seems a 5mm spacer is what is needed for clearance. Lots of opinions and not sure I want to run a spacer but I do not see any other way to fix this. Any input would be helpful.

DSC_7493.jpg

Damn! Let me know if you find a solution. I have a set of Shelby rear Extremes to go on and I just put the 19x10s SVP PP type wheels on all four corners. The fronts fit the Shelby Extremes with no problems.

What tires are you running with the 19x10's. Did not know you could run the 10's up front.

I found your post "Ford Racing SVT PP Style Wheel on 08 GT500 Vert Jury is still out " and see you are running the 275x35x19's up front.

I am with you as I am not sure I loke the look of these and may not use them.

What tires are you running with the 19x10's. Did not know you could run the 10's up front.

I found your post "Ford Racing SVT PP Style Wheel on 08 GT500 Vert Jury is still out " and see you are running the 275x35x19's up front.

I am with you as I am not sure I loke the look of these and may not use them.

I am runnning Hankook 275/35/19s up front and 305/30/19s in the rear. I have since lowered the rear using 2012 SVT PP rear springs. I like the wheels much better after lowering.

According to the FPRP website the specs on the 19" x 10" wide wheels are: 7.6" backspacing, 51 mm offset. I wonder what the specs are on the SVT PP OEM 2O" wheels are, and if the there is enough spacing on the FPRP wheels to allow for the Shelby Baer Extreme rear brake kit.

I am runnning Hankook 275/35/19s up front and 305/30/19s in the rear. I have since lowered the rear using 2012 SVT PP rear springs. I like the wheels much better after lowering.

According to the FPRP website the specs on the 19" x 10" wide wheels are: 7.6" backspacing, 51 mm offset. I wonder what the specs are on the SVT PP OEM 2O" wheels are, and if the there is enough spacing on the FPRP wheels to allow for the Shelby Baer Extreme rear brake kit.

I went out and measured the 20x10's and my stock 18x9.5's and from what I have read ,Backspacing is distance from the back edge of a wheel rim to the back of the center section. That measurement is 7.125 when I measured my stock 18x9.5 That is the specs for this wheel in the listing on the FRPP catalog. So I think that my measurement is correct. When I measured the 20x10's I get 7 5/16 or 7.3125 for the back spacing. As far as offset goes, The offset of a mustang wheel is the distance from the hub mounting surface to the centerline of the mustang wheel. This was a bit harder but I came real close to the specs for the 18x9.5 when I measured it. So I think the offset is 2 inches or 51mm. for the 20x10. So all the offsets on both the 19's and the20's are the same. So let's see the 20x10 and the 19x10's have the same offset but the 20x10 has a 7.3 backspacing verses a 7.6 for the FRPP 19x10. So the 20's have .3 inches more backspacing, but the same offset. I can't picture exactly how that works. The mounting hub is the same distance on both wheels but there is .3 inches more backspacing on the 20's I'm confused.

I really want to run Pilot Super Sport tires on my car but getting the right size is a real bitch! I got these wheels with the idea I could run the 275x35x19 on the front and the 315x35x20 in the rear. All I would need to do is a I inch widening of the rear rims. That way no modifications to the shocks or bump stops would be necessary. Otherwise I would have got the 19x10's

On paper the tread width of the Eagle F1 Supercar G: 2 tires showed to be 1.7 inches wider in the front and rear than the stock tires but I sure cannot see and width difference when I put them side by side. Makes tiring to fit the rears on that much harder a decision on whether or not to do it.

Check this link out, it gives a good discussion on offset, backspacing and brake caliber measurements. Wheel and Brake Caliber Measurements

Thanks for the advise. Good info. Hope you have good luck with the 19 x 10 wheels. I had to use a 1/4 inch spacer and that did not leave enough treads for me. Will sell the wheels and keep looking for that just right wheel and tire package.

Thanks again 'Snake Handler'

• 1 month later...

Update for those with the FRPP 19x10 version of the SVT Performance Pac wheels.

SVT Snake was kind enough to send me a wheel to test with the Baer/Shelby Extreme brakes. They fit both the front and rear with no issues! :happy feet:

Thanks for sending the wheel to try out!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm running the Baer Extreme 6 piston both front and rear on my 2011 SVTPP Convertible. You can use a steel 1/8" spacer on the rear and they clear just fine. They only miss the clearance by a fraction.

That's great. On our 2008 with the 1/8 spacer they just barely hit on the edge of the caliper and with a floating axle could have caused an issue. When I talked to Baer techs they said I neede a minumum of .20 clearance for the brakes. Had the proper clearance with the 1/4 inch spacer but finding a stud/lug nut that woud work becuse the 1/4 inch spacer made the studs too short was an issue. Wish it had worked on mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Somebody with a CNC could make a nice penny remilling the backside clearance into some of these wheels. :)

Madlock,

Conversely, why weaken the wheel when a machined and drilled billet spacer plate and minimally longer studs would accomplish the same thing?

Madlock,

Conversely, why weaken the wheel when a machined and drilled billet spacer plate and minimally longer studs would accomplish the same thing?

By the time you're done accounting for the physics of longer studs and a spacer that's not structurally integral, the difference between the two, if any, probably wouldn't be meaningful anyway.

• 2 months later...

Just got a set of SVT PP wheels and the 20x10 rears hit the Shelby Baer Extreme calipers. Looking for advise and suggestions on a fix. Did a search on spacers and it seems a 5mm spacer is what is needed for clearance. Lots of opinions and not sure I want to run a spacer but I do not see any other way to fix this. Any input would be helpful.

DSC_7493.jpg

the svtpp rear wheels are 20x9.5 not 20x10, that's probably why they are hitting the rear extreme brakes.-Tony

Archived