TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H Documents Thrown Out!!!

GTH298

Fellow GT-H'ers....I bought a GT-H last week, only to find out today that the Shelby Documents AND the Hertz documents were "thrown out" by the previous owner!!!

I used to own #298 and I gave all my documents to the new buyer, as we are supposed to do.

This really bums me out about the originals being tossed. The previous owner "thought that Shelby and Hertz would issue new ones to the new registered owner".

Lesson learned....Shelby nor Hertz keep copies. The first registered owner is the only one to get the documents.

Randy

• 2 weeks later...

Good News....the previous owner said he "has the documents in a moving box, and will get them to me in the end of June". I am keeping my fingers crossed!! :mail:

The car is super clean, only 10K miles and even the stripes are good (with exception of a few scrapes on the rear bumper). This car must have been an executive car and not run through the fleet because all of the rental cars had horrible stains on the stripes. I know the stripes on #298 was very bad and had to be replaced.

• 2 months later...

Fellow GT-H'ers....I bought a GT-H last week, only to find out today that the Shelby Documents AND the Hertz documents were "thrown out" by the previous owner!!!

I used to own #298 and I gave all my documents to the new buyer, as we are supposed to do.

This really bums me out about the originals being tossed. The previous owner "thought that Shelby and Hertz would issue new ones to the new registered owner".

Lesson learned....Shelby nor Hertz keep copies. The first registered owner is the only one to get the documents.

Randy

I fill your pain, I'm the third owner of my 2006, the first owner did not pass on the paperwork or the stuff, I had Shelby of Las Vegas call the guy but he will not answer :(

Well............................did he have them?

:lurk:

Archived