TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spare tire anyone?

JBMB

Does anyone have a spare tire in thier GT-H? I want to know your experiences. Did you get a mini spare or full? Does a full fit in the trunk well? Can a mini spare fit over 14" front brake assembly? Thanks!

Does anyone have a spare tire in thier GT-H? I want to know your experiences. Did you get a mini spare or full? Does a full fit in the trunk well? Can a mini spare fit over 14" front brake assembly? Thanks!

Discussed in the past. See this thread:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/48796-whats-in-your-trunk/page__p__814228__hl__spare__fromsearch__1&do=findComment&comment=814228

While the above thread link was helpful, my 2007 GT-H is without it's spare tire in the trunk. getting a tire I would think would be simple. but what rim did th spare tire come on and can I get it from shelby?

Any details on the jack and where tp purchase one would also be appreciated.

While the above thread link was helpful, my 2007 GT-H is without it's spare tire in the trunk. getting a tire I would think would be simple. but what rim did th spare tire come on and can I get it from shelby?

Any details on the jack and where tp purchase one would also be appreciated.

Shelby did not provide the spare, the inflator came with the car from Ford in 2007. In 2006, there was a spare.

Do a search in the Shelby GT section. There are many pages of posts about the spare tire issue. 2007 Shelby GT-H, did not come with a spare. Only the inflator kit. Best bet would be to look in a salvage yard or other for a 2005+ Mustang GT. Most will have what you are looking for. Here's a good thread:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52214-spare-tire-vs-inflation-kit/page__p__881776__hl__spare__fromsearch__1&do=findComment&comment=881776

Shelby did not provide the spare, the inflator came with the car from Ford in 2007. In 2006, there was a spare.

Do a search in the Shelby GT section. There are many pages of posts about the spare tire issue. 2007 Shelby GT-H, did not come with a spare. Only the inflator kit. Best bet would be to look in a salvage yard or other for a 2005+ Mustang GT. Most will have what you are looking for. Here's a good thread:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52214-spare-tire-vs-inflation-kit/page__p__881776__hl__spare__fromsearch__1&do=findComment&comment=881776

Thanks for the input!

My 2007 GT-H came with a spare, a jack and the inflator. So, I'm not sure why you're being told that they didn't come with it. In fact, I am currently using my spare tire. It actually looks good on the car (unlike most spare tires on a car). You may need to buy the spare from Ford. A full size tire will not fit well in trunk. I already tried.

My 2007 GT-H came with a spare, a jack and the inflator. So, I'm not sure why you're being told that they didn't come with it. In fact, I am currently using my spare tire. It actually looks good on the car (unlike most spare tires on a car). You may need to buy the spare from Ford. A full size tire will not fit well in trunk. I already tried.

The GT-H convert did not come with a spare. If yours has it, it would be because Hertz put it there. There are quite a few Hertz locations that did add a spare, but it did not leave Shelby with one. The fact that you also have the inflator adds to that. They certainly did not have both. Hearing from many other folks, it looks like Hawaii was one of the locations that seemed to add the spare quite a bit. The inflator kit usually fits down where the tire goes. If you have both where does the inflator kit live?

P.S. so you are one of the lucky ones that already has the spare added. I sure would want that more than the inflator kit.

The GT-H convert did not come with a spare. If yours has it, it would be because Hertz put it there. There are quite a few Hertz locations that did add a spare, but it did not leave Shelby with one. The fact that you also have the inflator adds to that. They certainly did not have both. Hearing from many other folks, it looks like Hawaii was one of the locations that seemed to add the spare quite a bit. The inflator kit usually fits down where the tire goes. If you have both where does the inflator kit live?

P.S. so you are one of the lucky ones that already has the spare added. I sure would want that more than the inflator kit.

Mine came from Hawaii and had NO spare. I was told Shelby removed spare and replaced with inflator in LVegas. Anyone ever consider a mini so as not to add too much weight in trunk?

Mine came from Hawaii and had NO spare. I was told Shelby removed spare and replaced with inflator in LVegas. Anyone ever consider a mini so as not to add too much weight in trunk?

I second that..Mine came from Maui, HI. Unless I just did not look hard enough

I second that..Mine came from Maui, HI. Unless I just did not look hard enough

I never said all cars in HI, just some of the folks that were lucky enough to have a spare, seemed to be from HI. I've seen 3 so far. I imagine that Hertz threw spares in cars where people either requested, or a car that they need to go rescue due to a flat?

I never said all cars in HI, just some of the folks that were lucky enough to have a spare, seemed to be from HI. I've seen 3 so far. I imagine that Hertz threw spares in cars where people either requested, or a car that they need to go rescue due to a flat?

I know what you meant, It's just one more thing that makes these cars special..not all of them were identical.

It seems to be to be an easy explanation.

1. All cars left SA with the inflator
  2. Renter gets a flat
  3. Renter uses inflator
  4. Hertz local operator wants to get car back in service
  5. Ford takes time and $$$ for new inflator
  6. Hertz local throws in spare tire and jack not understanding the jack won't fit
  7. Hertz local thinks that's "good enough" and never replaces inflator

Done!

It seems to be to be an easy explanation.

1. All cars left SA with the inflator

2. Renter gets a flat

3. Renter uses inflator

4. Hertz local operator wants to get car back in service

5. Ford takes time and $$$ for new inflator

6. Hertz local throws in spare tire and jack not understanding the jack won't fit

7. Hertz local thinks that's "good enough" and never replaces inflator

Done!

Yep!!

Here is what the spare tire well would have looked like when it left Shelby

2007HertzShelby0126.jpg

Yep!!

Here is what the spare tire well would have looked like when it left Shelby

2007HertzShelby0126.jpg

Yep.....that's what mine looks like. A word to the wise.....you can use it for air only and no gunk. I learned this the hard way as I used the gunk to just inflate tires a bit on a cold morning. I had to have tire dismounted to remove gunk inside.

Archived