TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Very confused and disappointed!!

89hoss

Oh man, this is going to be good! :lurk:

You may very well get him in driving skill, but your car and its abilities will NOT embarrass his car. If you have a full griggs setup you might run a faster lap time on a tight track, but not enough to "embarrass" the 350. If you don't have a griggs or on a big track you'll be seeing tail lights (at least until he laps you).

And trust me that you dont even want to mention 1/4 miles times. That would be embarrassing! :hysterical:

To date my 1/4 slip is faster than Warrens best...whats yours say?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also Warren could not lap a SGT/SC. Promise you that.

You guys in TX toss a lot of smack around that defies the laws of automotive physics that guys that have been building and driving fast cars for 25 years or more might not understand. The last car I built for my wife could go sideways at 80mph with only about 400hp on BFG's mounted on 12 inch wide rims...the point was not to go sideways and to just go fast...HP don't mean squat if ya can't get it to the ground and/or drive....

Is the GT350 amazing YES, happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif

but lets stay in the real world unlike when you guys posted the estimated ET from a computer simulator, that kind of stuff does no one any good...

edit: Also Warren ALL the cars behind you passed you when you spun out at the Bash....so technically you did get passed...:hysterical:

This is all too much. I had a SGT owner tell me that he had a "real" Shelby and that I had the dealer-installed tape stripe and badge car because that's what the salesman told him. I laughed and explained how Carroll Shelby himself worked with the SVT engineers to design this car and that it is very much a real Shelby. It says so in my VIN. He thanked me for the history lesson.

We all have different Shelbys- no matter how the car came to be that way. To the OP: There is no reason to be confused and disappointed. We're all here because we appreciate and have the desire to own a very charismatic, high-performance and good looking car at a decent price; in addition, most of us because we are fans of Carroll and his products, like I am. I would love to own each and every Shelby vehicle model ever produced. I can't buy them all so I bought the one that I thought would fit my use and I settle for 1:18 scale models of the rest. :D

Enjoy your cars, ladies and gentlemen.

:rockon:

Also Warren could not lap a SGT/SC. Promise you that.

You guys in TX toss a lot of smack around that defies the laws of automotive physics that guys that have been building and driving fast cars for 25 years or more might not understand. The last car I built for my wife could go sideways at 80mph with only about 400hp on BFG's mounted on 12 inch wide rims...the point was not to go sideways and to just go fast...HP don't mean squat if ya can't get it to the ground and/or drive....

Is the GT350 amazing YES, happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif

but lets stay in the real world unlike when you guys posted the estimated ET from a computer simulator, that kind of stuff does no one any good...

edit: Also Warren ALL the cars behind you passed you when you spun out at the Bash....so technically you did get passed...:hysterical:

Yes, I think I did mention my spin out in an earlier post. :hysterical: 45 psi was definitely too much air for the tires! :hysterical: Still cant figure out what happened there, but I have switched to nitrogen for my tires now.

You will just have to wait for Mid America to see my 1/4 mile times...Im keeping it under wraps until then!happy%20feet.gif

BTW- Chad drove my car. He has a GTSC, so I think he should speak as to which car he would rather be driving around the track.:shift:

I think the number of Shelby GTS cars built will be limited, but only because of the economy.

And yes I think every car with the Shelby name on the trunk will hold its value. They are being sold to a diverse audience which helps any company.

Now that's funny! :hysterical2:

Does that include the Shelby Daytona, CS6 and CS8 cars? LOL. I don't think so.

What are those? :hysterical:

I crack my self up. :finger:

Seriously, even a Dodge with Shelby's name on it is can't help the car.

The CS6 and CS8 are still "new"

BTW- Chad drove my car. He has a GTSC, so I think he should speak as to which car he would rather be driving around the track.:shift:

Hey Warren driving your GT350 in the parade lap does not give me a true grasp of what your car can do. :finger: I will say it was very impressive but that guy that just took delivery of his 350 that was the slowest guy on the vegas track did not help the 350's reputation. YEAH I know he was taking it slow because he was still breaking in his car..........

The SGT/SC owners do love their car and most of us will have them till the day we die and we will defend them until the day we die. Just hope I don't die in mine. :hysterical:

The new 5.0 is truely amazing and thats why I will be adding a BOSS 302 in the next year. I really want to see what a Whipple supercharger will do on the Boss's 5.0

What are those? :hysterical:

I crack my self up. :finger:

Seriously, even a Dodge with Shelby's name on it is can't help the car.

The CS6 and CS8 are still "new"

Good point. Lookat what one of the Doges with Carolls name on them comparable to the same model without. There is a big difference

A difference of what- 5%? I can across a Shelby Dakota, and the name didn't increase the value. Look, I love and respect Carroll Shelby, but there are a few past cars that aren't worth much at all. And, I think the recent CS cars are going fall quickly, soon after the SGTS cars are being delivered.

Hey Warren driving your GT350 in the parade lap does not give me a true grasp of what your car can do. :finger: I will say it was very impressive but that guy that just took delivery of his 350 that was the slowest guy on the vegas track did not help the 350's reputation. YEAH I know he was taking it slow because he was still breaking in his car..........

The SGT/SC owners do love their car and most of us will have them till the day we die and we will defend them until the day we die. Just hope I don't die in mine. :hysterical:

The new 5.0 is truely amazing and thats why I will be adding a BOSS 302 in the next year. I really want to see what a Whipple supercharger will do on the Boss's 5.0

plus it took a ford dealer to show him how to get his new car into sport mode :doh:

Oh yeah, that was for a parade lap huh....I forgot bud, sorry. My old timers kickin in again! Dude, that guy was like 80, driving in class II, driving like he was in a Mack truck. Apples to apples, if you take Gary Patterson's numbers on that specific track driving all of these cars, the GT350 is the fastest build Shelby makes. There is no argument about it. I love your car even without a SC on it, and you drove the HELL out of it on our Bullrun together! We led the pack in our cars the whole way, and I will never forget that! (Of course, I didnt have a GT350 at the time, but so what?)

I think one thing we can all agree on is you can put a bad driver in any car, and they are gonna be slow or out of control, and a great driver in any car, and they are gonna be relatively fast and competitive! So it will always be hard to compare two cars with two different drivers, because the fact is ALL of these cars are fast and competitive, and what we are really talking about is a matter of a couple seconds on a two minute track time.

BTW- you are right, I think the BOSS with forged internals and a whipple will be fairly untouchable. You will need to upgrade a few things if you want to get more HP than what Im pushing, namely the fuel delivery, transmission and clutch. BUT, you will be able to take the BOSS 5.0 well into the 900hp range if you so desire. :salute:

I know of 2 BOSS superchargers being worked on now, and they are both planning 15lbs of boost. For a comparison, my GT350 is 730+- at the crank, and Im playing with 10.4 lbs. of boost, at my limit of my engine, if not already above it, but Jon Lund seems to think Im okay at that point. The 525hp gets a 6-7 lbs boost and the 624 gets just under 9. If you carry the math out, they may hit 1000hp at the crank, and over 900hp at the wheels. I would guess if you can put drags on that car, you would be looking at low nines, if not breaking into the 8s on a 1/4. Sick power, and I cant wait to read about it in a couple months!happy%20feet.gif

Dude, that guy was like 80, driving in class II, driving like he was in a Mack truck. Apples to apples, if you take Gary Patterson's numbers on that specific track driving all of these cars, the GT350 is the fastest build Shelby makes. There is no argument about it. I love your car even without a SC on it, and you drove the HELL out of it on our Bullrun together! We led the pack in our cars the whole way, and I will never forget that! (Of course, I didnt have a GT350 at the time, but so what?)

Bullrun sure was an amazing time in life. I will never forget that incredible moment , my great grandchildren will be so sick of that story by the time I am gone.

Yeah your right that guy should not have been in class 2 although it was fun passing a GT350 in a 6 banger vert though. :hysterical:

One of the items on my bucket list is to beat GARY PATTERSON on a road course.........I should not set my goals so HIGH but whats a goal if you can't try to reach it?

Your also right that all the cars that Shelby builds are amazing and I wish I could afford one of each.

Is the new design of the deepdraw hood this hood that is on the GTS? I bet it is.

Chad and Warren, I am not defending anything just that by doing the math and from what I observed the 350 while amazing is not gonna lap a GT/SC. In fact I observed that the track pack 500's and the SS and the terilinguia cars were in my way. The guy in the 350 does not count he was learning his brand new $80k car...

Cant wait to hear the report from Tulsa, Chad put on your new springs and dampeners and a watts link and I'd bet you will see a big difference in lap times...

Bring on the boosted BOSS.

The regular Boss has powdercoated rods, you run 15lbs of boost on a regular Boss motor, I don't think your gonna make it off the dyno. The Laguna is the first Ford Mustang motor with forged rods since the terminaters. Which is probably capable of 15lbs of boost.

Chad and Warren, I am not defending anything just that by doing the math and from what I observed the 350 while amazing is not gonna lap a GT/SC. In fact I observed that the track pack 500's and the SS and the terilinguia cars were in my way. The guy in the 350 does not count he was learning his brand new $80k car...

Cant wait to hear the report from Tulsa, Chad put on your new springs and dampeners and a watts link and I'd bet you will see a big difference in lap times...

I never said that my car would lap him...I think it will be fun and interesting though. We will definitely see...tickets are purchased and hotel room reserved!

BTW- I will be in Seattle in a few weeks...I hear they have good coffee there Randy...just sayin!

I can't believe we're still using this thread. I think the OP has gone. LOL. Bring on the boosted BOSS.

:hysterical: Personally, I think its the only good part of the whole thread! :hysterical:

The regular Boss has powdercoated rods, you run 15lbs of boost on a regular Boss motor, I don't think your gonna make it off the dyno. The Laguna is the first Ford Mustang motor with forged rods since the terminaters. Which is probably capable of 15lbs of boost.

Very true, but I never would have thought my 5.0 would be holding up to 10.4 lbs.:hysterical:

By the time my car is worth anything, IF, and that's a BIG "IF", I'll be dead.

I didn't buy the car to be exclusive, nor did I expect Carroll to retire and collect social security to protect my little investment, if anyone did I think there were better places to put your money.

But that's just me! I'm happy for me and I'm happy to see Shelby is still doing great things.

Honestly if you bought the car just as an investment you are not wise. You buy a car to enjoy it. Yes it can be a good investment for the distant future, but that is never the reason to buy a car. If you are looking for cars that will be worth tons of money you have to buy exclusive limited production cars. A ferrari Enzo, or the Lambo Reventon. You need to buy a car that there are only a handful made, and has a high demand.

You also have to keep in mind that most of the mustangs out there are going to be driven year round and will eventually rust and be gone in 20 years. How many Iroc Z-28's do you see on the road these days? Or 77 Trans-Am's? Most are junked already. I would bet less than 10% of the total production is still on the road today. It is not like Corvette's, Viper's and Ford GT's where they are stored and only driven occasionally. 20 years from now the S197 Mustang won't be that common.

I am amazed at reading about all this while my stock 319HP 4.6 Shelby GT sits at home in the garage :hysterical: ...and a beauty she is!!!

and yet you bought a SGT :hysterical:

Because I like you, I'm gonna let that slide... <grin>

Jer

Archived