TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Very confused and disappointed!!

89hoss

Very confused here about the shelby gts. I bought the shelby gt hoping to fulfill a dream of owning a shelby. I worked very hard to pay this thing off, really not a wealthy guy like others by no means. I was really proud to own a shelby because of the name and not many around. It seams now that shelby is just flooding the market with shelby on every mustang they can get there hands own. Just kind of torn now on if I should keep it or just go ahead and sale. Really not sure now how this will do years on down the road even if is the shelby gt of 2007 with so many kinds and twist now with shelby on them. ?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very confused here about the shelby gts. I bought the shelby gt hoping to fulfill a dream of owning a shelby. I worked very hard to pay this thing off, really not a wealthy guy like others by no means. I was really proud to own a shelby because of the name and not many around. It seams now that shelby is just flooding the market with shelby on every mustang they can get there hands own. Just kind of torn now on if I should keep it or just go ahead and sale. Really not sure now how this will do years on down the road even if is the shelby gt of 2007 with so many kinds and twist now with shelby on them. ?

Hey nevermind about the others...it was and is your dream car...just drive it and enjoy it....

Cest La Vie! Enjoy driving the heck out of it - by the time it's worth more than you paid for it, you'll be dead!

Sam

Hey nevermind about the others...it was and is your dream car...just drive it and enjoy it....

Thanks!!! I have only put 11,000 miles on her so I guess I could drive it like I stole it now, lol.

Right On.... :shift: :happy feet:

Much of the influence on value of SGTs will be based on the number of the GTSs they actually build and sell.

How many of the " ... 6" and " ...* models were made? How much did that affect the value of SGTs?

How many Terlinguas have been made? How much influence did that have on the value of SGTs?

Not many and not much, in all cases.

I'm going to bet there will be quite a few more of the GTSs put together, but not enough to change the basic fact: Shelby GTs were built on site, en masse; looks as if the GTS will be a bolt-on but certified modified Ford Mustang.

If I had a Shelby GT Mustang I'd be rooting for the GTS; the more people become aware of Shelby cars, the more likely they are to become appreciative of the real thing.

Of course as has been pointed out in this thread, the real value of an SGT is in its being used. No one can take that away from you.

So......I should be very disappointed and confused about Shelby building the Shelby GT that you own? What would the value of my car be if they didn't build all those darn Shelby GTs? :D The reason they built that is because there was such interest due to the Hertz program. It's all good!!! Enjoy what you have like the others have said. Shelby as a company wants to survive right? They need to build products that people want. This is what people have been asking for. If it were me, that's exactly what I would do. Love the car, enjoy it, drive on! :shift:

You should be............I've been posting this b.s for the last few years, Shelby is nothing but a business.........market is flooded, even when the old timer croaks, it won't matter, too many out there. I chuckle when someone asks if this model will be applicable for this mod or that mod etc....... is coming from SA and someone from SA replies 'no'. BS !!! when the market slows down, they bring out some other Shelby........they have too or the Mod shops go broke..........like I said, it's a business. I'm a Ford guy but most lies come from Ford and SA

Did anyone notice that the fender badge will be changed to Shelby GT/SC when a super charger is installed? Why wouldn't it be Shelby GTS/SC? I bet that will cause some confusion. They need to do something to the badge to distinguish it from a SGT/SC.

If I had a Shelby GT Mustang I'd be rooting for the GTS; the more people become aware of Shelby cars, the more likely they are to become appreciative of the real thing.

Of course as has been pointed out in this thread, the real value of an SGT is in its being used. No one can take that away from you.

Exactly!

You should be............I've been posting this b.s for the last few years, Shelby is nothing but a business.........market is flooded, even when the old timer croaks, it won't matter, too many out there. I chuckle when someone asks if this model will be applicable for this mod or that mod etc....... is coming from SA and someone from SA replies 'no'. BS !!! when the market slows down, they bring out some other Shelby........they have too or the Mod shops go broke..........like I said, it's a business. I'm a Ford guy but most lies come from Ford and SA

:soapbox:

You are correct. You have been saying that for years. I guess you want Shelby to NOT be a company. All the employees should work for free or should just quit after the SGT's and KR's were made right? Thats what is B.S. I have no idea how you can fault a company for trying to stay in business!?! You expect SAI to be more concerned with the value of your car and what you want then with the livelyhood of thier employees or what the general public wants. You got your car so Shelby should say screw everyone else. That is the EXACT same thing the vintage owners said about the s197 Hertz, SGT, KR and GT500's. Wake up and realize that Shelby is not around to cater to your wishes and whims. They are a business and as such the only way to survive is to SELL things. Nobody cares what you or I want unless we are standing at the door with a pocket full of cash. If you really want Shelby to stop building cars then send them money. Otherwise just enjoy what you have and know that the more cars Shelby sells the more people know about them and the more people will want them. Ford has sold more than 8 million mustangs since '64 and I dont think that has really hurt their value very much. If Ford had only built 2 or 3 thousand GT500's do you think there would be half the mods out there that there are? Stop faulting Shelby for MAKING CARS! ITS WHAT THEY DO!!!!

Rant over! Sorry, I get a little worked up about this sometimes. :hysterical2:

Please do not be disappointed, just drive your SGT hard and enjoy that the Shelby/Ford relationship continues on. I know people at work think I am nuts for driving my SGT everyday because it is "Shelby" and if it were them they would garaged it to use only on sunny days.

I smile when I go to work in the morning and go home at night, I drive my SGT hard, mod it, and soon will dab into some road course racing.

Please do not be disappointed, just drive your SGT hard and enjoy that the Shelby/Ford relationship continues on. I know people at work think I am nuts for driving my SGT everyday because it is "Shelby" and if it were them they would garaged it to use only on sunny days.

I smile when I go to work in the morning and go home at night, I drive my SGT hard, mod it, and soon will dab into some road course racing.

More Shelby mustangs....... fewer imports !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:happy feet:

:beatdeadhorse: :lastyear: ...and the year before, and the year before....

Love it....

There are two camps here now, and always-

One that gets excited to see what is next,

and one that wanted Carroll to build one car, sell it to them and then ride off into the sunset.:wacko:

Its either going to be a hit, and make the legacy and all other cars worth more in legend, or it will be a dud and long forgotten.

Shelby has produced some homeruns and some swing and misses, but niether has ruined the market.

What some of you just dont get is that this is the low end affordable entry level Shelby for the younger crowd in mind. We need that demographic to keep the brand going when we all get too old to drive. Also, I want people who dreamed of owning a shelby have that chance. Now for the price of a Mutang GT, they can own a pretty cool shelby.:dance:

By the time my car is worth anything, IF, and that's a BIG "IF", I'll be dead.

I didn't buy the car to be exclusive, nor did I expect Carroll to retire and collect social security to protect my little investment, if anyone did I think there were better places to put your money.

But that's just me! I'm happy for me and I'm happy to see Shelby is still doing great things.

By the time my car is worth anything, IF, and that's a BIG "IF", I'll be dead.

I didn't buy the car to be exclusive, nor did I expect Carroll to retire and collect social security to protect my little investment, if anyone did I think there were better places to put your money.

But that's just me! I'm happy for me and I'm happy to see Shelby is still doing great things.

My car is not an investment.

It's an awsome ride !!!! :shift:

:play:

I agree... what is the point of the GTS? Why not just bring the Shelby GT back then at least its a performance car rather than just slapping on some badges, stripes, and such. I think my 08 Shelby GT/SC is great and passed on ordering a 2012 GT350 because everything I need I got in my Shelby GT. I understand the reason for offering the GTS its called company needs to make money like every other company but not a fan of slapping badges and stripes on a car and calling it a Shelby.

not a fan of slapping badges and stripes on a car and calling it a Shelby.

and yet you bought a SGT :hysterical:

.....no real mods to that car this one doesnt get except it was a pretitle car.....:headscratch:

Just sayin....

HP on the v6 is similar to the 4.6 in the sgt, and the gts gets all mods the sgt got if not more, so I guess that is what you think of the stock sgt's too....sorry to hear that..my brother has an sgt and I think its a great car too.

...I understand the reason for offering the GTS its called company needs to make money like every other company but not a fan of slapping badges and stripes on a car and calling it a Shelby.

ummm...

Ford Racing handling pack including new springs, tuned stabilizer bars and front strut tower brace

• Fresh air package for the normally aspirated V6 tune or V8

• Borla exhaust system

• Shelby / Baer brakes

• Unique deep draw hood featuring classic Shelby design

• Black billet upper grill with Ford “Running Pony” emblem

• Unique Shelby front fascias

• 8 Shelby LeMans stripes and side stripes

• “Shelby GTS” vehicle badges and official Shelby CSM interior plate

• “Powered by Ford” side badges

• “Shelby” lettering across the rear deck lid

"...badges and stripes on a car and calling it a Shelby."?????????????

Got more than badges and stripes.

I can understand both sides here, but what you guys seem to be missing is- the gen 1 (05-09) S197 cars are THE modern retro Mustang. Has anyone looked at the rear of the SGTS.... horrible. I hope SAI fixes it.

And one more thing. I remember people complaining about the CS6 and CS8 cars ruining the Shelby name, and hurting overall Shelby car values. To my knowledge, only about 30 cars were ever finished- globally. Then the Terlingua came along.... similar rant- again, to my knowledge, there's about 40 cars registered globally. This economy sucks, and I wish SAI the best on getting more cars ordered; but it won't be that much. The Ford built GT500 will remain the most common Shelby model, and that's not going to hurt the values of cars built by SAI. Just enjoy your car! Live for today, NOT for tomorrow!

I can understand both sides here, but what you guys seem to be missing is- the gen 1 (05-09) S197 cars are THE modern retro Mustang. Has anyone looked at the rear of the SGTS.... horrible. I hope SAI fixes it.

And one more thing. I remember people complaining about the CS6 and CS8 cars ruining the Shelby name, and hurting overall Shelby car values. To my knowledge, only about 30 cars were ever finished- globally. Then the Terlingua came along.... similar rant- again, to my knowledge, there's about 40 cars registered globally. This economy sucks, and I wish SAI the best on getting more cars ordered; but it won't be that much. The Ford built GT500 will remain the most common Shelby model, and that's not going to hurt the values of cars built by SAI. Just enjoy your car! Live for today, NOT for tomorrow!

If I may use your numbers...

If Shelby only makes 30 to 40 Shelby GTS cars, in the eyes of John L. and the rest of the Shelby team that is money in the bank.

They only made 50 of the 50th anniversary cobras that they introduced this year and sold every one of them. A sale is a sale.

Absolutely, a sale is a sale. And, at the price SAI sells the product for, they are making good money. I have no issue with that at all. The point I was trying to make was: the SGTS is probably going to be a limited edition car like recent Shelby cars. Ultimately, what we, as car enthusiasts, will end up with are a more diverse selection of Shelby automobiles, but NOT necessarily less valuable ones.

Absolutely, a sale is a sale. And, at the price SAI sells the product for, they are making good money. I have no issue with that at all. The point I was trying to make was: the SGTS is probably going to be a limited edition car like recent Shelby cars. Ultimately, what we, as car enthusiasts, will end up with are a more diverse selection of Shelby automobiles, but NOT necessarily less valuable ones.

I think the number of Shelby GTS cars built will be limited, but only because of the economy.

And yes I think every car with the Shelby name on the trunk will hold its value. They are being sold to a diverse audience which helps any company.

+1

I hope they sell 30,000 GTS conversions.....happy%20feet.gif

It will not effect the SGT values except to raise them....if any of us are still around in 40 years...remember this post....the SGT will be the sleeper and the valuable car if history is repeated. Period.

As for me I am going to drive the heck out of mine...while I still can.

The GT350 is a pass for me... I already am in the same HP ballpark and I cannot drive good enough to be able to tell the difference. :hysterical:

Archived