TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GTS

JeffIsHereToo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Roger! So what is this news you refered to? You said there would be some news within two weeks and its definately been over two weeks now? So either nothing new, or I just missed it... OR maybe I am the only person who cares :lol:

Hey Roger! So what is this news you refered to? You said there would be some news within two weeks and its definately been over two weeks now? So either nothing new, or I just missed it... OR maybe I am the only person who cares :lol:

I also would like to know headscratch.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After all the slams, upsides and other stuff I really do hope that SA is successful on this car as with all others. Here is what I ordered:

1) GTS Red w/ white stripes

2) V-8 package

3) Whipple polished SC

4) Block-off plates for 1/4 window

Total price for this car with just 2 (two) options - $55,174.00 (fifty five thousand one hundred seventy four and 00/100---)

OK who do you think will buy this car and how many do you think will be sold with the V-8 @ SC upgraxe for $55K++? This could be the rarest car Shelby has ever built!

After all the slams, upsides and other stuff I really do hope that SA is successful on this car as with all others. Here is what I ordered:

2) V-8 package

3) Whipple polished SC

Total price for this car with just 2 (two) options - $55,174.00 (fifty five thousand one hundred seventy four and 00/100---)

OK who do you think will buy this car and how many do you think will be sold with the V-8 @ SC upgraxe for $55K++? This could be the rarest car Shelby has ever built!

I think lots of people will, as soon as they see that YOU did.... you're a trendsetter! LOL

Jer

2) V-8 package

3) Whipple polished SC

On top of this number, you also had to provide your Mustang to Shelby, correct? At least, I think that's the way it works.... :headscratch:

The build your own price INCLUDES the price of the car although Shelby American does not source out the car for you.

http://shelbyamerican.com/buildone/2012gts-exterior.asp

Steve

Now I see, I think. I thought one had to bring his car to Shelby to have the packages installed.

Now I see, I think. I thought one had to bring his car to Shelby to have the packages installed.

Yes that is correct. Shelby American does not source nor purchase the base car, the buyer does that on their own at their local dealership.

The build your own website includes the base price of the required Mustang in the build your own price. The 2011-12 GT350 program worked the same way. Please take a moment and visit the build your own website, you'll better understand how the pricing estimate works.

Steve

Yes that is correct. Shelby American does not source nor purchase the base car, the buyer does that on their own at their local dealership.

The build your own website includes the base price of the required Mustang in the build your own price. The 2011-12 GT350 program worked the same way. Please take a moment and visit the build your own website, you'll better understand how the pricing estimate works.

Steve

Steve, thanks - I understand now.

Man, that site is fun.... (see attachment)

Jer

Screen shot 2011-09-03 at 3.12.12 PM.jpg

Screen shot 2011-09-03 at 3.12.12 PM.jpg

2) V-8 package

3) Whipple polished SC

How does Ford's recent TSB on the 5.0 engines, stating they should not be supercharged and if they are....no warranty......due to numerous catostrophic engine failures......

how does that sit with you and does Shelby offer any warranty for the finished product?

It was one thing with the 4.6s, even though you didnt get a warranty, you knew if you stayed conservative with the tune, you would be fine....

but the 5.0s are imploding all over the country at an alarming rate.........this doesnt worry you?

by the way....congrats on the new ride!

How does Ford's recent TSB on the 5.0 engines, stating they should not be supercharged and if they are....no warranty......due to numerous catostrophic engine failures......

how does that sit with you and does Shelby offer any warranty for the finished product?

It was one thing with the 4.6s, even though you didnt get a warranty, you knew if you stayed conservative with the tune, you would be fine....

but the 5.0s are imploding all over the country at an alarming rate.........this doesnt worry you?

by the way....congrats on the new ride!

I heard about that TSB. It is TSB 11-7-7.

There is a flow chart for the service tech to follow before doing any warr. work on the car. Mods such as superchargers, throttle bodies, air induction systems, custom tunes and a few others are mentioned in the TSB along with potential damage.

Ford usually has a list of parts avail to modify our engines, This 5.0 engine according to my service manager, "is that it's power output is maxed out".

As always, and as we can see in all the forum posts, we are all each others best source for information on what works and what doesn't. So as I'm sure we all know, we modify with care, and make sure to do research before we buy aftermarket parts. Not all are created equal.

BTW there is a rash of 6-speed transmission failures on the 2011-2012 cars. Mainly 3rd to 4th shifting issues (TSB 11-3-18) and noise.

CC

There are no limited production run numbers on the 2011-2012 GTS model. The key feature will be numbers of each vehicle when history is written. One of the attractive features of this build will be the level of customization one can do. One-offs could be very possible with the combinations of colors, interior trims and options.

The 5.0 supercharged up-fits completed at Shelby American, Inc. are Ford Racing approved. Each vehicle modified has their computer code and VIN sent to Ford Racing and is placed in the Ford OASIS system for warranty monitoring. With alFord Racingng parts the items are covered by a 12/12 warranty. The GT 350 utilizes the same base block and has the following warranty: 525 HP has 12/12 on components and 5/60 on the drive train. 624 HP applications have a 12/12 on the components and voids the power train.

While there are cases where the blocks have has issues, most are related to tweaked tunes. The transmission TSB issues are all over the board. With some, a shifter change seems to work, changing of fluid, in some cases has made the situation worse and has improved others. Time will tell on the transmission. Our test GT350 has several thousand "very hard" miles on it and other than a clutch, still performs as it did new. Same with the block which went from NA and mild tune to 525 SC. At Infinion this car ran 2 straight days, non-stop from 9 AM through 5 PM with only 1 hr. down time for lunch. Other than tires, oil change, brake pad replacement and safety inspection, it is ready for it's next tour of duty.

Roger

Man, that site is fun.... (see attachment)

Jer

post-12143-0-60822000-1315088023_thumb.jpg

Yes, it is fun... plus it can clearly price you the difference between the

GT-350 and a GTS with exactly the same performance. I chose the

NI (non-imploding) 525hp versions for comparison. Comes out to paying

7K more for the GT-350 appearance items. Is it worth it? Depends on

the buyers taste. Not so much for me as I'm into the less is better when

it comes with fiberglass/plastic.

-Tom

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I was told that 4 GTSs have been completed to date. I'm hoping to be number 5. I have a question for roger SAI, I was told that adding the SC to the V6 would negate the warranty and I would have to sign up for that ... or did I just get it wrong on the reception end?

Archived